overweight

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
dexysback

overweight

Post by dexysback » 19 May 2015, 13:40

I have just took dexter for a run over field ,and there was a old man with a greyhound .First dexter ran to it and got told off ,then the dog ran around and dexter had a little run then he just stood there watching him, I think he didn't want to over do it or is it because he's a bit overweight, he is nearly five.
ImageImage

linny

Re: overweight

Post by linny » 19 May 2015, 19:29

:lol: I know just how he feels Elaine.
Have you tried cutting down on the portions when you feed him?
Huggy was a continual battle when it came to weight....he would always find food wherever he could....the cats dishes were his favorite target....he had the famous Labrador appetite :roll:

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 May 2015, 00:29

Beam is like this :oops: :oops: :oops: I know he is overweight, and I keep cutting back on his food but he remains a porker. He is now having Barking Heads Fat dog slim for his treats in an effort to get him to lose a bit. The thing is he is lazy , and I don't know if he is lazy because he is fat, or he is lazy because he isn't getting enough calories to burn!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 20 May 2015, 21:44

Oscar is under strict orders too, not to put on any more weight. Just wondering though, how many calories there are in tennis balls :roll: :roll: .

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 21 May 2015, 00:59

It is the snacking on cambert that does it, I discovered a while back! :roll:
Even extra kilo of weight makes big difference to their energy level or willingness to run about.
Don't look in the pleading eyes! We know we are powerless to resist :D

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 May 2015, 07:40

When I told the vet that Beamish was lazy, he said that he doesn't need, much to eat then does he! How can I have 2 skinny dogs and one fat one :roll: Daze is deliberately underweight (vets instructions) and Poppy just doesn't put weight on. She's been resting for a couple of weeks with an injury, so sensibly she eats less. She's self regulating - I wish I was!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 22 May 2015, 01:11

I cut down on Ianto's rations when he had to be crated - unfortunately, I forgot to cut mine! :roll:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x