early riser!

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
annabell22

early riser!

Post by annabell22 » 10 Jun 2015, 12:43

Monty is now 8 months old and he is a joy. We have had no troubles with him until recently. He goes to bed about 11 o clock and gets up about quarter past 7 when my OH gets up for work. For the past week however he has taken to barking early in the morning. He never normally barks unless he needs something and so we used to take it seriously when he barked in his crate as usually he is telling us something. Thats why this is so annoying. We now feel we cant trust his barking as he is no longer doing it for any reason. The barking starts any time from before 6 until 7. This isnt so bad during the week, but on weekends we used to be able to lie in til 8 without a peep out of him. The mornings are getting brighter so Im thinking of putting a blanket over his crate to keep him in the dark as long as possible. Any ideas how to stop this? Once I gave him a biscuit in his crate to make him quiet on my way out to work but I dont want to do this again, nor come down to him in case he learns that if he barks long enough he will get let out. Should I just wait this out and hope it passes? Thanks in advance.

linny

Re: early riser!

Post by linny » 10 Jun 2015, 13:20

Sounds as if he is waking to the early sunrise and possibly needs to go for a wee.
Try letting him out (don't talk to him) and once he has performed put him back in his crate (again ...don't talk to him).
Darkening the room will also help....perhaps a blackout blind?
Others on here have experienced similar behaviour during summer months ....it should pass eventually :wink:

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 10 Jun 2015, 16:11

As Ianto has been back in his crate recently, we cover the end of it with a blanket... if he sees the neighbour's cat in the garden he creates!
Has anything else changed, for instance, is he being disturbed by the neighbour or delivery people? If not, I'd be inclined to agree with Linny - light mornings are suggesting 'Up an' at 'em!' to him! If all else fails, the nights are going to be closing in from 21 June.....! (Sorry folks :oops: )
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 10 Jun 2015, 19:11

Ianto! wrote:As Ianto has been back in his crate recently, we cover the end of it with a blanket... if he sees the neighbour's cat in the garden he creates!
Has anything else changed, for instance, is he being disturbed by the neighbour or delivery people? If not, I'd be inclined to agree with Linny - light mornings are suggesting 'Up an' at 'em!' to him! If all else fails, the nights are going to be closing in from 21 June.....! (Sorry folks :oops: )
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x
Hey Ianto,

Ize disgursted to hear yourz back in zee crate, ifs I woz poorly i'd deffo be ables to sleeps on the hooman bed. Pleaze reconsider zee offer of zee summer shed.. 8)

Lovess Oscar.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 10 Jun 2015, 22:50

I knows, Oscar-dood, totes miffed wiv vee hooms...
Anne dids say I'se not 'llowed on vee bed coz I has to keeps ver' still an' not be ables to roam abouts in vee night... (an' she 'plains 'bout her back an' me bein' too bigs to lift... Me! vee 'riginal Racin' Snake!! :roll: )
Vee leg is all betters now but I'se bin showin' off to vee Glove Muppet (who gets locked up in his baby-pen so's I doesn't eats him in vee night, or somefink...) an' may've bin - ahem - helping miself to one or two items durin' vee night... Soooo, still in vee dreaded crate till I "learns to b'haves myself..." [sigh]
Vee opposable fumbs is takin' too longs to grow... buts I has a dream - an' its your summer shed!!! (Sends me a map, mate... I'se got a good place to hides it, 'hind vee radiator... :wink: )
Wags n woofs,
iant 8)