#banshockcollars

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
suzi23173

#banshockcollars

Post by suzi23173 » 20 Feb 2018, 22:01

Hi everyone,
Tess and I still check in everyday and read all the posts.
Anyway I am compelled to ask you all to sign the petition to ban shock collars (the cause of some very heated discussions on here a while back).

It may finally happen as it has in Scotland and Wales. The Dogs trust and the Kennel club are behind it, Michael Gove and Boris Johnson are in favour as are many others. There is a petition on the government site where it will be debated if there is enough signatures.

MP Ross Thompson is meeting Michael Gove and writing to cross party members to gather support to #banShockCollars tomorrow.
Please if you believe these awful things have no place in our country, sign the petition and tweet/email etc your mp/ Michael Gove to show your support.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/211524
Many thanks and doodly love to you all.
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

kobi&jazz

Re: #banshockcollars

Post by kobi&jazz » 21 Feb 2018, 11:04

Have signed - fingers crossed.

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 21 Feb 2018, 12:36

Thank-you! Xxx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

linny

Post by linny » 22 Feb 2018, 00:14

Signed.....I just hope that they do indeed bring in this ban.....all fingers and toes crossed.

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 22 Feb 2018, 11:54

Thank you Linny.
Please can everyone share this with Facebook groups, re-tweet if you are on twitter, tell doggy friends, make other halves sign it etc...
It’s on nearly 7500 signatures and if it gets to 10,000 it will get a response.
It’s proven that they are not effective, are cruel and can cause lasting physical and psychological damage. Reward based training is the way to go.
I know I’m preaching to the converted as we all advocate positive, kind training ideas on here when giving advice.

Sorry to beg but it makes my blood boil that this is still legal. :twisted:
:D Thank you! Xxx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

linny

Post by linny » 23 Feb 2018, 18:04

suzi23173 wrote:Thank you Linny.
Please can everyone share this with Facebook groups, re-tweet if you are on twitter, tell doggy friends, make other halves sign it etc...
It’s on nearly 7500 signatures and if it gets to 10,000 it will get a response.
It’s proven that they are not effective, are cruel and can cause lasting physical and psychological damage. Reward based training is the way to go.
I know I’m preaching to the converted as we all advocate positive, kind training ideas on here when giving advice.

Sorry to beg but it makes my blood boil that this is still legal. :twisted:
:D Thank you! Xxx
Totally with you on this....it makes my blood boil too.
It amazes me that manufacturers continue to market these cruel,cruel devices.if you love dogs you don't inflict pain and suffering on them. :twisted: