Adult teeth

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Larlie

Adult teeth

Post by Larlie » 18 Dec 2006, 18:01

I was playing with Poppy earlier and as a i pulled on a toy she yelked and started shaking her head. I checked her mouth and a tooth was hanging by a thread, I felt sick :cry: I didn't pull hard but am really worried that this was a new adult tooth, but because it wasn't a hard pull, was it a loose tooth anyway???? Oh i feel awful, she did yelp :shock:
Needless to say Poppy is fine, but i feel so guilty. Has this happened to anyone else?????

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 18 Dec 2006, 19:56

Yep, with Syd our first dog, didn't have a clue, never owned a dog before, thought it was an adult tooth that our youngest had yanked from her mouth with a toy, rushed to our neighbours (who had dogs) in a blind panic who assured us it was a baby tooth. :oops: :oops:
You feel for the poor little pups, it must hurt Image

Larlie

Post by Larlie » 19 Dec 2006, 00:48

Thanks Annette. poppy has let me have a good look tonight and i can see where the tooth came from quite clearly and i think it was a baby tooth. I just felt so quilty, like i said though she's fine, it's me who's wittling :shock:

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 19 Dec 2006, 09:23

We have all been there so worry no more, must say though i have never seen any baby teeth that have fallen out, only the ones that have been yanked out, and i know Buffy swallows hers :D

sammy

Post by sammy » 19 Dec 2006, 19:05

hi larlie

we keep finding callys teeth at the moment all over the floor :lol:
we were worried a couple of weeks ago as cally seemed to be getting pain from her teeth but after a couple of days she was fine again thats after a trip to the vets and £40 later though

hope poppy is getting on ok now and growing as fast as cally :lol:

sam

Larlie

Post by Larlie » 20 Dec 2006, 09:38

Thanks Annette for your reasurance, glad to know i wasn't the only one :D

Hi Sammy, Poppy is fine now thanks, just a smelly breath, must be all the blood, yuk!! or dog breath i don't know. Poor Cally, she seems to be suffering like Poppy is. Yes she seems to be growing so fast and she's so strong now too. I hope to be postijng some up to date pictures of Poppy on the other thread soon, would love to see some of Cally. I think Poppy and Cally have or they did have similar coats. Poppy has got very thick waves down her back now, but skinny legs!! Look forward to Photo's!!! :P

donz

Post by donz » 20 Dec 2006, 09:47

don't worry, there was a fellow student at our dog training school who had no idea dogs changed teeth like us humans and promptly started inspecting her labs mouth when I was chatting about Scruff's teeth!!!
ImageImage