can anyone please help

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Jayne & Richard

Re: can anyone please help

Post by Jayne & Richard » 05 Jan 2009, 15:38

Hi
Poor Hagrid is priority in this, whatever the reasons etc everyone has to agree that he is THE most important thing in all this, what Carol, Linny and many others have said just shows how many people care. I'm not at all insulted, I love my dog more than any amount of money but like many things this is personal and he would have a none emotional price tag that would be far less than he is worth to us! Not as I'd ever let him go as he is the only thing in our house that keeps me sane :lol:
It's lovely to know that if I ever need desperate help you are all there, I have already learnt so much from you all, thanks! :D :D
Jayne

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 05 Jan 2009, 22:17

i too hope the outcome is good for hagrid. re-reading my earlier post i fear i may have been judgemental, i just want to apologise to the family if i have misunderstood the situation and added to their distress

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 05 Jan 2009, 22:39

I am prepared to have my say about Hagrids Dad after research I have some answers maybe? I have met this chap he is called Bill Warner he came to us last year looking for a puppy he had a sob story about buying a puppy which became ill with Diarrhoe (cant spell) etc and cannot remember exactly but it had to be put down or died.He bought a puppy from us which had been vet checked etc I felt sorry for him and gave him a discount(He is convincing) The next week he rang and said the puppy had a heart murmer and his "wife" was very distraught after the last scenario we took the puppy back and refunded his travelling we then had the puppy checked by our vet and he said she was fine she is now with a local farmer we see her regularly and has no health problems. Mr Warner then rang me and told me that third time lucky he had a healthy doodle then THIS we have well and truly been had ladies and gentleman and I am prepared to put my money were my mouth is with regards this poor young doodle.
DOODLE BREEDER FOR MANY YEARS HOPEING TO HAVE FOURTH GENERATION SOON.
STONECELLARS LABRADOODLES
Breeders of Standard English Labradoodles since 1999
DONT TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 05 Jan 2009, 23:55

Oh God, poor, poor Hagrid. :cry:

Regardless of what the owner is like or otherwise it is the dog that is the concern and the sooner he is found a happy, forever home the better.

Did Doodle Rescue have any luck with the chap or has anyone else had a response to the advert from him?
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 06 Jan 2009, 00:10

To be honest, as the owners have visited the site since the initial cry for help, they would have picked up pms and posts offering to help. It does seem to me that they have made the decision to sell Hagrid :( and whether that's something we feel is right or wrong, there's not much we can do about it. They will know where to come if Hagrid doesn't sell and they decide to have him rehomed, either via a rescue or a fellow UKLA doodle lover.

All we can do now is wait and see, and hope that whoever sees and follows up those adverts, might be his special forever home. Good luck to Hagrid, he is a lovely boy.
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

cazdelan

Post by cazdelan » 06 Jan 2009, 00:11

Can it not be the case that a puppy can have a heart murmur that can clear up?

Jane Hughes

Post by Jane Hughes » 06 Jan 2009, 20:04

Does anyone have a contact number, other than the one in the adverts - it doesn't accept incoming calls - I know someone who is interested in giving Hadrid a good home.

Jane

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 06 Jan 2009, 23:02

in Reply to Cazdelan Yes a dog can be diagnosed with a heart murmer and recover but I have never heard of one which at 8 weeks was clear at 8 weeks 2 days was Diagnosed with a murmer then at 9 weeks it had gone again.On reflection I did not ask for a copy of their Vets report which I should have done but on reflection I think our puppy was lucky to come home and now be with friends than have ended up an early"Hagrid". poor puppy I hope he finds a good home soon wether people have to pay for him or not he deserves better.

linny

Post by linny » 07 Jan 2009, 01:37

I couldn't get through ....incoming only :( ..and my number is posted but I have not had a call from them.

Fattysplash

Post by Fattysplash » 07 Jan 2009, 09:12

This is so sad, I feel so sorry for that poor boy. :cry:
The More People I Meet, The More I Love My Dogs

www.puppylovecampaigns.org

dad of hagrid

Post by dad of hagrid » 16 Jan 2009, 13:33

well thankyou all for been so judgemental when you do not know me or my circumstances sorry we havent posted an update but my mums needed me due to my dad having died. i am not a fraud carol shaw i love hagrid dearly the first dog we had went to a loving home due to health problems as he was got from a puppy farmer we still see him he went for free i dont see why i should spend any time exsplaining myselve i actually came to post a thankyou to you all but misjudged it obviosley apart from tony who was not judging us who i will pm

amber

Post by amber » 16 Jan 2009, 19:19

May i just say that all of us care a great deal what happens to Hagrid.
I have been watching the thread and hoping for all concerned, we all have. Feelings do run high when there is uncertainty, and the only real message we had was to see an advert on two websites to see that Hagrid was up for sale for 500, odd pounds. People are bound to be concerned. why can't you let us know what has happened? At least be kind enough to do us this sevice- please!
Linda

linny

Post by linny » 16 Jan 2009, 19:54

I agree with Amber Hagridsdad, you could have found five minutes to let people here Know what was happening,.... a lot of people had gone out of their way to offer help when you originally posted that you needed a foster home for Hagrid and all were concerned for you and your family.

I am sorry for your loss but it would have been the decent thing to do to let people know your circumstance and your decision to sell Hagrid rather than foster him.
I offered to buy Hagrid but you were not receiving incoming calls :?: :?:

You knew that you had posted here asking for help and if you cared for Hagrid you would have found time to check the site and see what offers of help there were.
You found time to offer him up for sale :!:

Buddy

Post by Buddy » 16 Jan 2009, 20:45

You are right we don't know your circumstances.

You posted on here asking for help, I would have been overwhelmed if I was you with all the kind offers people gave you.

I see Hagrid has been listed again for sale. Everyone knows money can't buy love. You said yourself the money is not important. I hope you do find a loving home for Hagrid.

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 16 Jan 2009, 23:11

I am sorry to hear that your father has died thatb is awfull for anyone, but I do not retract my post I have met you and your wife others on here have not.