Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
TenBob

Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by TenBob » 30 Apr 2009, 10:00

Hello all,

A while back I was desparate to find day care for Pippa after a relationship split. Luckily I found a place (although she has moved to an even better day care since), and life has been better.

However, as I work full time and there is just me, I think it would be more stable for Pippa to find a forever home. It's not been easy to make this step :( , but I believe it's best for her, especially as I've just had to move home - she's becoming too accustomed to the back seat of my car on long trips!

Pippa is in Cheshire, and is the most lovely doggy you could wish for. Fantastic temperament, not an ounce of aggression, loves dogs and children, is very loving and full of playful doodleness! I'll miss her terribly but will feel better if she is loved and cared for by someone who has the time and of course, love.

She is fully up tp date vaccination wise, and has just been checked by the vet - a very healthy and fit junior Doodle :) .

I'm also looking locally through the day care channel of dog lovers and will visit Labradoodle Rescue too. I thought it best to ask here first.

Thanks for reading and thanks so much for your support - this site has provided me with invaluable information and I have a happy healthy doggy as a result :) :)

David

linny

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by linny » 30 Apr 2009, 10:08

Hi David, I remember your posts about Pippa and wondered how you were doing.
Sad that it has come to this David but IMO you are doing the right thing. Do try and rehome Pippa through the trust as you can be sure she will be placed in a home that best suites her needs. They will be certain sure that the home she goes to will be perfect for her.
Good luck......you are doing the right thing by Pippa.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 30 Apr 2009, 10:30

Please, PLEASE, be very careful how you rehome your girl. There has been a recent occasion on the Standard Poodle site where someone nearly let her pet poodle girl go to an IMHO deceitful advertiser in Cardiff who owns a stud dog and appeared very keen that the bitch up for rehoming was not speyed first.
You can guarantee full back up and careful homechecking if you use the Labradoodle Trust. I am certain that this is the best way to find a super home for her.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

ralph'smum

Post by ralph'smum » 30 Apr 2009, 10:43

She looks beautiful - hope you find the home you are looking for
You have obviously had to make a very hard decision and my heart goes out to you
Good luck
Tracey & Ralph

TenBob

Post by TenBob » 30 Apr 2009, 10:56

Many thanks for your responses. Yes, she is beautiful!

Don't worry, Pippa and her future is my primary concern, and I will make 100% certain she is rehomed to a genuine, caring home.

Regarding unscrupulous people: Pippa is coming into her first season. I guess the process of rehoming will take some time, enough time for her to be spayed (which I'm advised ideally should be 2 months after season)?

Again, thanks.
David

millysmum

Post by millysmum » 30 Apr 2009, 11:18

HI.
I have pm'd you about this.
Thanks, Lynne
Image Image

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 30 Apr 2009, 11:20

It's lovely to hear from someone who really cares. David, I do know how painful this is, but it's obvious how much you love Pippa.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 30 Apr 2009, 11:54

I remember you searching for doggy day care David and am very sorry you have had to make such a sad decision. Hats off to you for putting Pippa's needs first.

If she hasn't actually started her season it could be some time away yet (Becky didn't have hers until she was 15 months and Poppy (smaller Doodle)was the same) so you might find you have quite a wait on your hands. It's usually recommended three months after the start of her first season for speying.

If you decide to use Doodle Rescue to help find a home for Pippa they will ensure she is spayed before homing or check that this is done and she will be matched to the best possible owners. You won't necessarily know who those owners are unless they choose to get in touch but you can still receive info on how she's settling and her progress.

We rehomed Becky at 10 months but that was a private re-home. As Pippa is good with children she might be better rehomed by Doodle Rescue as I would never advise parents with children to take any dog privately you do not know. By being fostered, Pippa will be well known for placement with the best possible family.

Good luck in making your difficult decision.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

TenBob

Post by TenBob » 30 Apr 2009, 12:12

Pippa started coming into season this week, which explains the recent male attention she's been getting! :roll:

I did wonder why she was sooooo popular on a walk on Monday evening.....

David

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 30 Apr 2009, 18:51

Oh how heart breaking and a brave and courageous decision you make for Pippa and for you, good luck on finding her a happy and forever home.

Dee

TenBob

Post by TenBob » 30 Apr 2009, 20:33

Dexter_Mir wrote:Oh how heart breaking and a brave and courageous decision you make for Pippa and for you, good luck on finding her a happy and forever home.

Dee
Thanks Dee.

Today has been tough to say the least. I work in an office with lots of blokes and I had tears in my eyes most of the afternoon... Yikes :shock:

I've had some PM's from genuine sounding Dood owners who want to add to their collection :o which is great.

I've also spoken with daycare and they have a particular couple in mind who will give me updates and access to Pip if I ever want it.

I called Lab Rescue but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for your support everyone,
David

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 30 Apr 2009, 21:21

I can believe how painful it is, I once had to re home a dog for the same reasons and its heartbreaking, so understand how you feel and sending you a great big warm hug. It’s a selfless decision you make in Pippa’s best interests and great news that you have genuine people coming forward to help you both.

Keep us updated if you feel able.

Dee xx

pea

Post by pea » 02 May 2009, 18:59

Can we have her? Seriously can we have her? She looks lovely.
I understand this is heartbreaking for you and have the upmost sympathy for you.

Will send our audition tape by pm once I can figure out this website.

Wendy & Rod
:wink:

amber

Post by amber » 02 May 2009, 22:35

Hi
I also remember you, and i am very sorry for what you are going through now.
I really believe that The Labradoodle rescue is the way to go.
I know that if ever i was in that position where i could not keep my dogs that i could rest easy knowing my babies would have the very best in care, and a bright future arranged for them.
stay strong, again, very sorry.

TenBob

Post by TenBob » 03 May 2009, 09:49

Update...

I've had quite a few PM's so far and all sound very keen to say the least! Sorry if I haven't replied yet personally, but I will get round to it.

I do want to say that I won't rehome Pippa with people who work full time or will need daycare for her - that's why I'm looking to rehome her in the first place. This girl needs attention (& ideally another dog to play with - she is very energetic) and will need owners who are energetic and have the TIME.

Also, I've spoken with Labradoodle Trust and I liked what they said. I wasn't too keen on rehoming in a totally different area. I think I'm maybe being a bit selfish here, but the best home for Pippa might be local? I'd also prefer to meet her new owners for my own peace of mind, which isn't possible with the LT.

Thanks,
David