Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
linny
Posts: 5008
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 11:25
Location: Newton Abbot Devon
Contact:

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by linny » 03 May 2009, 11:38

Great if you can find a local home for her that you can be 100% happy with, I think I might do the same .
Rescue is a good path to go if you need urgent help and don't have the time to visit prospective new owners etc; etc;
I do hope that you find somewhere where you can maintain contact with Pippa

Bonni F
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 May 2009, 13:28

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by Bonni F » 03 May 2009, 12:58

Hi David

Sorry to hear that you need to rehome Pippa, I can imagine how heartwreching it must be.

We are looking for a labradoodle and Pippa sounds perfect, as we are looking to adopt/buy from August as we are away in July and obviously wound not put a puppy in kennels.

We live in Surrey and have a big house w a good size garden surrounded by woodlands. We are a young couple w a then 3 year old boy and a cat. I am at home all day and walk my son to school through the fields.

Obviously we would come up to Cheshire and see Pippa at your home and of course vice versa, and I'm more than happy for us to have contact and regular updates (if you want) if we were to adopt.

I know there is a 101 of questions we have for each other, so let me know your initial thoughts first.

Oh, and most importantly the reason why we want a puppy is because Luke wont have anymore brothers and sisters and my husband and I were both bought up w dogs and would love a labradoodle to be an extension of our family and a best friend for Luke (and for me too!).

Fingers crossed!

Bonni

Kerrylou
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 May 2009, 17:12

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by Kerrylou » 04 May 2009, 14:05

Hi David

It appears you have many interested people who would love Pippa and give her the attention she deserves. We live in Surrey, so not close to hand as your first preference. We have a 9 month spayed doodle bitch who is very friendly with all dogs and would love a playmate (can't work out how to put on photos but she looks like Pippa, only black) we are very active with 2 boys, 10 and 15 who adore all animals and we holiday camping with ours and many others. Hoping you find the right place for Pippa where you know you did the best for her, but if you are still unsure feel free to make contact. Best of luck - sounds like she will have a secure future.

Kerry
Kerrylou & Roxydoodle
Image

User avatar
MrsAdmin
Posts: 4845
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 01:29
Location: Brixham, South Devon

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by MrsAdmin » 05 May 2009, 05:27

Hi Paul

Hope you and Pippa are enjoyng the bank holiday together and having fun. I see you are getting lots of replies, which is great as it will give you a good choice and you will hopefully find someone who will let you still have contact with her, although this might be a thing best avoided for a little while to let her settle and accept her new family.

A few pointers that we have found out since having Becky which might help with your decision.

It is not necessarily the best thing to have two Doodles the same age :roll: like Jack and Becky are. I love them to bits and would never give up on Becky but together they are a right full-on handful. :oops: as you will see from my posts. Great fun but someone might enthusiastically offer to have her with their young Doodle and then find the two together are double trouble, especially as you say she's a typical, enthusiastic, energetic kind of gal :lol: You don't want her to be given up again.

Likewise someone who is expecting a baby or with very young children is really acting blindly with a dog they have never seen before and may find the reality is not the rosy picture they imagine. I'm sure Pippa is a cracking dog but we all know, much as we love them, Doodles are not necessarily the best dog for everyone, being wildly enthusiastic, highly intelligent, shedding, mud magnets.

Someone who is an experienced dog owner with a bit older dog to show her the ropes, or who has just lost one, will, perhaps, be more prepared for Doodles' special brand of enthusiastic loving :lol: Avoid homing her with someone who has a very elderly dog if possible as that will not be fair on their dog or Pippa as the old dog might just want some peace, not having a cock-a-hoop youngster bouncing on them :lol:

A good indicator might be if the person you are thinking of has already applied to have a Rescue Dood and been vetted. That way you will know they are committed, prepared to spend money to have a Doodle (current rehome fee is £300ish I think) and not just looking for a cheap dog. They will also have had a good read of the very sensible advice on the Trust website.

Hope this helps and please pass any rejected would-be owners in the direction of Doodle Trust as there are, sadly, always Doodles looking for forever homes :cry:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

TenBob
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Nov 2008, 11:18

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by TenBob » 05 May 2009, 16:25

Many thanks, that's great advice :)

I do hope that people who have posted replies here or sent PM's contact Labradoodle Trust if they are serious and committed to doodle adoption.

I've decided to rehome Pippa locally. This isn't so I can visit her (the only contact I'd ask for is occasional email updates and the odd picture), but to make things easier for me when vetting prospective owners, and Cheshire is as good as any place for dogs to live and grow! :)

Somebody who is very keen and is known to Pippa's day care has been in touch. As I'm very wary of people wanting a 'free' dog, I've decided to ask for a 'spaying fee' that must be lodged at my local vets by her new owners. It's not perfect, but that commitment along with a personal vetting will give me peace of mind.

David
Image

Bonni F
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 May 2009, 13:28

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by Bonni F » 05 May 2009, 17:13

Hi David

Glad to hear that you have found a new home for Pippa, I hope she settles in well and best of luck.

I hope you didnt think i was looking for a "free dog" as Mrs Admin said, as I would never have thought of a dog that way!! I think people should be careful what they post as I think it must be very reassuring that there were so many people with genuine hearts and with experience of dogs wanted to help out.

All the best

Bonni

TenBob
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Nov 2008, 11:18

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by TenBob » 05 May 2009, 17:32

Bonni F wrote:Hi David

Glad to hear that you have found a new home for Pippa, I hope she settles in well and best of luck.

I hope you didnt think i was looking for a "free dog" as Mrs Admin said, as I would never have thought of a dog that way!! I think people should be careful what they post as I think it must be very reassuring that there were so many people with genuine hearts and with experience of dogs wanted to help out.

All the best

Bonni
Hi Bonni,

I think my post maybe could have been written better, but I haven't found Pippa a new home yet - I have a lead, but that's all at this moment. :)

To clarify, I wasn't implying that ANYBODY who has contacted me wants a free dog. This is just a worry of mine and applies to any rehoming/adoption case I'd imagine, so safeguards have to be in place.

Finally, I am very happy that so many caring people have come forward to offer Pippa a home. So thank you so much and I wish you luck finding your doodle :) Did you register with Labradoodle Trust yet?

David
Image

CAROL SHAW
Posts: 518
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 23:33
Location: SPRINGWELL HOUSE FARM WASKERLEY CONSETT CO DURHAM
Contact:

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by CAROL SHAW » 05 May 2009, 22:36

Hi David, What a sad but careing choice you have made,Have you contacted the breeders you got Pippa from? If they are responsible breeders they may have a list of people looking for a puppy or junior, not all people who are good dog owners can cope with a little puppy and housetraining and so want something a little older. Good luck and chin up you are dopung the best thing.

Dexter_Mir
Posts: 800
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 22:38
Location: West Sussex

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by Dexter_Mir » 12 May 2009, 20:14

Hi David, any news on your search for a home for pips ?

Dee xx
Image

tashanlouie
Posts: 1236
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 18:12
Location: leeds
Contact:

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by tashanlouie » 13 May 2009, 15:02

Really hope that you have found Pippa a brilliant new forever home.
If only Daisie was a little older .....
Tasha

Jan Mitchell
Posts: 63
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 09:50
Location: Wirral

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by Jan Mitchell » 13 May 2009, 17:09

TenBob wrote:
Bonni F wrote:Hi David

Glad to hear that you have found a new home for Pippa, I hope she settles in well and best of luck.

I hope you didnt think i was looking for a "free dog" as Mrs Admin said, as I would never have thought of a dog that way!! I think people should be careful what they post as I think it must be very reassuring that there were so many people with genuine hearts and with experience of dogs wanted to help out.

All the best

Bonni
Hi Bonni,

I think my post maybe could have been written better, but I haven't found Pippa a new home yet - I have a lead, but that's all at this moment. :)

To clarify, I wasn't implying that ANYBODY who has contacted me wants a free dog. This is just a worry of mine and applies to any rehoming/adoption case I'd imagine, so safeguards have to be in place.

Finally, I am very happy that so many caring people have come forward to offer Pippa a home. So thank you so much and I wish you luck finding your doodle :) Did you register with Labradoodle Trust yet?

David
Hi David,

I have a 9 month old Labradoodle bitch and live in Cheshire (well Wirral). I am looking for a companion for her. I work from home so am about most of the day. Let me know how your search is going.
Thanks, Jan
Jan & Miss Eva Beaver XX

TenBob
Posts: 20
Joined: 16 Nov 2008, 11:18

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by TenBob » 18 May 2009, 12:24

Hello All,

I have found Pippa a new home and I believe she is settling in very well.

I was contacted via this site and independently via doggy day care by a couple in Cheshire. I met them and felt their lifestyle was ideal for Pippa and her energy levels :D

The process was actually much quicker than I had imagined it would be, but I believe it was fate lending a hand...

Pippa's new parents have pre-paid her spaying fee (keyhole surgery) with Pippa's vet, and have also very kindly made a 3 figure donation to the charity Dogs Trust on her behalf (they offered money as compensation for Pippa's things, but I thought the charity would be more deserving :) ).

I hope Pips Mum & Dad post an update at some point so you can follow her progress.

All the best everyone and thank you so much for your support.

David
Image

User avatar
MrsAdmin
Posts: 4845
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 01:29
Location: Brixham, South Devon

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by MrsAdmin » 18 May 2009, 13:41

Excellent that you have found a good home you feel satisfied with for Pippa, although I do feel for you as this was a very sad situation, but you did the best for Pippa and that's what's most important.

Well done for your kind gesture in donating the payment for her things to the Dog's Trust to help another poor Woofer in need :P

Perhaps one day you will want another dog when better circumstances allow and, although you will never forget Pippa, you might consider helping a Rescue Dood who needs a good home then.

Good luck for the future and we will keep our fingers (and paws) crossed Pippa's new owners log on to UKLA and let us know how she is getting on.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Jan Mitchell
Posts: 63
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 09:50
Location: Wirral

Re: Beautiful 9 Month Old Girl Needs Rehoming - Pippa

Post by Jan Mitchell » 18 May 2009, 16:46

TenBob wrote:Hello All,

I have found Pippa a new home and I believe she is settling in very well.

I was contacted via this site and independently via doggy day care by a couple in Cheshire. I met them and felt their lifestyle was ideal for Pippa and her energy levels :D

The process was actually much quicker than I had imagined it would be, but I believe it was fate lending a hand...

Pippa's new parents have pre-paid her spaying fee (keyhole surgery) with Pippa's vet, and have also very kindly made a 3 figure donation to the charity Dogs Trust on her behalf (they offered money as compensation for Pippa's things, but I thought the charity would be more deserving :) ).
That's lovely, glad you've found a fab home, sure it'll work out very well. :D :D
I hope Pips Mum & Dad post an update at some point so you can follow her progress.

All the best everyone and thank you so much for your support.

David
Jan & Miss Eva Beaver XX

Post Reply