Pure Bred Standard Poodle Puppies For Sale

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Jan 2007, 13:11

Back on topic .... I hope these lovely pups find great homes very soon. If their parents are anything to go by they are going be gorgeous !!! :D

bek

Post by bek » 18 Jan 2007, 13:11

if both parents are k.c reg then yes you can check but if both parents are k.c reg they why arnt the puppies??? if there is an endorsment is in place then there should also be a contract stating this dog should not be breed from
firesrye german shepherds

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Jan 2007, 13:52

presumably there isn't a contract stating that they shouldn't be bred from.

Anyway, is this of anyone's concern other than those who may want a puppy ?

They clearly are pedigree poodles and so unless someone especially wants a piece of paper to say they are KC reg, then I don't suppose it matters ...

Prospective doodle owners certainly don't give two hoots about this otherwise they wouldn't be buying a doodle in the first place LOL bearing in mind the KC do not even recognise the Labradoodle as a breed and nor do they have any plans to !!

I had someone ring the other day about cavaliers and they asked if my planned pups would be KC reg'd so I said yes, and she was so impressed by this ... LOL I told her, this is no big deal and it certainly does not guarantee you are buying quality or from a reputable breeder ... Good God there are puppy farmers all over the UK whose pups are eligible for KC reg ! :roll:

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Jan 2007, 14:40

Being kc registered means shit anyway just a big money making scheme. they dont care what stock is bred from and will register any litter as long as no endorsement is inplace , Now if they refused to register litters that hadnt had any tests done it would be a different story.

and since when do labradoodle parents have to be kc registered? what de it matter doodles cant be registered anyways :shock:

eleanor

Post by eleanor » 18 Jan 2007, 14:46

As a breeder, I'd agree with Sharon on this one. The parents are obviously purebred poodles and it is good to see that several different people attest to the quality of their temperaments. To me, this is of far greater importance than KC registration, which is neither a proof of quality nor, indeed, accuracy.

It's also good to see that the pups do not appear to have been docked - an unnecessary and pointless mutilation, IMO. Does anyone know if the anti-docking law has come into force yet? And will poodle breeders obey it, I wonder? :?:

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Jan 2007, 15:10

Hi Eleanor
heres the link for the ANTI docking alliance.

http://www.anti-dockingalliance.co.uk/

It does say this

Animal Welfare Act 2006 (England and Wales) - Docking
As from April 2007 it will be illegal to dock puppies' tails (other than for therapeutic reasons or if a breeder can submit evidence to a Veterinary Surgeon that the dog is of a specified type to be used for work, rescue, armed forces, police, pest control).
Regulations pertaining to this law will be approved by April 2007 by England and Wales separately. It will not be permissible for docked dogs to be shown at fee paying shows.

Im a bit confused as to wether previously docked dogs can still be shown though, or wether it will just apply to dogs being docked from this date.

This couldnt have come soon enough though in my opinion

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Jan 2007, 15:13

eleanor wrote: And will poodle breeders obey it, I wonder? :?:

I cant see that they will have any choice if they cant show with docked tails. :lol: :lol: :lol:

eleanor

Post by eleanor » 18 Jan 2007, 15:49

Thanks, Itsmeisitu. I look forward to seeing lots more dogs with the tails that nature gave them 8) .

It would be unfair, though, IMO, to ban from the show ring dogs whose tails were amputated before the new law came into force - and I'd be very surprised if that were the case.

Sadly, working dogs are still being allowed to be docked, although all the spaniels I have seen with damaged tails have done this by beating them against the side of their kennel or run - not by hunting in cover. Solution? Keep the dog in the house!

Labradorable

Post by Labradorable » 18 Jan 2007, 16:04

Jelly you're friends pups are gorgeous and I personally would have no problem buying one of these puppies (if I were looking for a poodle pup), whether it be KC registered or not, and regardless of whether I wanted to breed doodles from it or not. I see no reason why it is imperative to breed doodles from only KC registered dogs. You have me puzzled on that one Carol.

One of my poodles has an endorsed pedigree (insisted upon by the stud dog owner not the breeder), but we were told by the breeder that IF we wanted to breed from the dog in the future then there would be no problem so long as the relevant health checks were made then the endorsement would be lifted at the age of two. Personally I think this is a good thing, and whilst it doesn't prevent people from breeding, I would hope that common sense would set in to those less educated on the matter that the dogs should be health tested and no poodle should be bred from under the age of 2.
It's also good to see that the pups do not appear to have been docked - an unnecessary and pointless mutilation, IMO.
Agree 100% with you on that Eleanor!

Labradorable

Post by Labradorable » 18 Jan 2007, 16:06

and yes..... amputated is a much better description than docked.

The brutal truth!

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Jan 2007, 16:21

eleanor wrote: Sadly, working dogs are still being allowed to be docked, although all the spaniels I have seen with damaged tails have done this by beating them against the side of their kennel or run - not by hunting in cover. Solution? Keep the dog in the house!
If only everyone thought like us :D

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Jan 2007, 16:21

Labradorable wrote:and yes..... amputated is a much better description than docked.

The brutal truth!
yes, and without any form of anaesthesia also ! :shock: :(

Although the pro docking ppl will tell you that is because the pups are incapable of feeling any pain at that age ... utter rubbish !

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Jan 2007, 16:29

Sharon wrote:
Labradorable wrote:and yes..... amputated is a much better description than docked.

The brutal truth!
yes, and without any form of anaesthesia also ! :shock: :(

Although the pro docking ppl will tell you that is because the pups are incapable of feeling any pain at that age ... utter rubbish !

***inserts swear word here****** OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thats *****add another swear word******

Louisa

Re: Pure Bred Standard Poodle Puppies For Sale

Post by Louisa » 18 Jan 2007, 21:19

Hi just enquiring about your standard poodle puppies i got labradoodle whose 10 months old and looking to get dog/bitch poodle soon, could you tell me where abouts you are and if their are any puppies left
Thanks
Louisa

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 20 Jan 2007, 21:10

Carole would love to hear your opinon on the ban of tail docking?