wanting a puppy to join our happy home

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
foxie68

Labradoodle or Mini Doodle

Post by foxie68 » 12 Mar 2007, 00:07

My other half has set his heart on a labradoodle but I'm a little concerned that our house may be a little on the small side for such a big dog.

I'd like to know a bit more about Mini Doodles. Sharon was kind enough to tell us about Lisa (pennyali) and her puppies look lovely. Only thing is that Lisa lives in Essex and we're in the North West and I'm not sure if travelling such a great distance would be good for a puppy.

So please feel view to let me know your thoughts, always greatful for any advice I receive.

Thanks

Foxie

Jackie M

Post by Jackie M » 12 Mar 2007, 10:43

Yes, Labradoodles are big dogs, but we find you don't really notice it much. Our's is still only 8 months and has some growing left, but, although she is boisterous and lively outside on walks, she is very calm and placid indoors. She's learnt she's not allowed to run around inside, and she curls into a small ball to sleep. In fact she can still squeeze into the cat bed when she feel like she wants to annoy the cat :lol: :lol: :lol:
Obviously some might say different, but I'd be happy with ours in a small house.

If you can find someone local with a doodle who's happy to meet up, they may be able to visit you at home so you can see what it's like having a big dog in the house.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :D

bek

Post by bek » 12 Mar 2007, 13:00

i dont really think that your house size will make that much difference.
i no from experiance,
when i sold my 3 bed house so i could relocate from surrey to buckinghamshire i moved in to my sisters bedsit 3 storys up with 3 german shepherds i lived like this for 9 months,
my dog were great indoor they were calm and happy to lounge round but still went mad and let off steam when taken out.
i think as long as you are willing to work on it then dont worry about the size of you house
Last edited by bek on 13 Mar 2007, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
firesrye german shepherds

foxie68

Thanks

Post by foxie68 » 12 Mar 2007, 20:39

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts Jackie & Bek - it's good to hear that 'size doesn't matter (LOL).