Mini Doodle

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
foxie68

Mini Doodle

Post by foxie68 » 13 Mar 2007, 13:01

Hi folks

My other half has set his heart on getting a labradoodle, however, I like to explore the idea of adding a mini doodle to our home.

We know Lisa (PennyAli) breeds lovely mini doodles however she's quite far from us so I'm wondering if anyone breeds them in the North West?

Anyway, hopefully we're going to meet our first labradoodle sometime soon at a meet in Formby (Sharon - will you be there?) and no doubt my heart will then belong to 'Doodle'.

Thanks

Foxie

Jakester61

Post by Jakester61 » 13 Mar 2007, 13:48

Hi Foxie,

We hope to have a litter of mini doodle's early summer. I'm not sure if we are any closer although?

Jackie
Tora's Australian Labradoodles
http://www.australian-labradoodles.co.uk

foxie68

mini doodles

Post by foxie68 » 13 Mar 2007, 13:52

Not really any closer although my brother is moving to the Isle of Mull soon.

We're from Crosby, Liverpool so right on the coast for those lovely long walks.

judewilson

Post by judewilson » 13 Mar 2007, 19:22

Hi Foxy68
I hope to see you on the north west walk .We Live in Liverpool,I have 3 doodles Bailey,2 is a big black scruffy boy{26in to shoulder}Bella,1 is not a mini doodle but is only 21 in to shoulder scruffy cream(hoping to find her a small stud in the future health tests permitting) and our latest wilow who is a fleece coated cream f1b who at 16 weeks is almost the same size as Bella!!Sd you see they really do vary in sizes even before you take into account minis.

Judith and pack

foxie68

Post by foxie68 » 13 Mar 2007, 20:02

Planning to be there, with doodle or without - wow 3 doodles - you must be constantly out on walks.

Looking forward to meeting you in Formby. We'll have to get them to qualify where as you can excess the beach in several points.

judewilson

Post by judewilson » 13 Mar 2007, 22:47

hi foxy
got a great dane as well forgot to mention that!!!!!!!!!

Judith

foxie68

Post by foxie68 » 13 Mar 2007, 23:09

Your a brave person Jude - or perhaps a little crazy - yes?

judewilson

Post by judewilson » 13 Mar 2007, 23:24

some might say that!!!!Did I mention the Cats!!!!!!!!Luckly the kids have left home.Maybe this is empty nest symdrome(not sure if thats how you spell it)or we are just a crazy old couple who keep aquring animal.

Judithand pack

Beats the day job!!!!!!!!

foxie68

William - aussie doodle

Post by foxie68 » 14 Mar 2007, 14:37

Jakester61

Just been on your website and saw the picture of your new aussie friend William - he is absolutely gorgeous.

What a cutie?

Also thought that my first choice would always be a chocolate brown or black F1b but Chara would have easily stole my heart.

bye for now

Foxie

Sarah Hunter-Rodwell

Mini Doodles

Post by Sarah Hunter-Rodwell » 14 Mar 2007, 16:24

Hi

We are hoping to have a litter of mini doodles towards the end of the year, but again we are a long way from you, down south in Dorset. Get in touch if you are interested.
Sarah Hunter-Rodwell
Didlington Doodles
http://www.labradoodles.uk.com

foxie68

Post by foxie68 » 16 Mar 2007, 00:01

Hi Sarah

Thanks for letting me know but I think you are right, you are a bit far away.

At the mo I'm really dithering, my other half wants a standard size doodle (F1B) but I think a mini (F1B) may be better for us as our house is quite small. (Live in a 3 bedroom semi).

Sharon is expecting to have some standard F1B puppies available late summer and since she lives quite close to us that would be ideal.

So I suppose I've got until Sharon's puppies are ready to go to a new home to make my mind up.

I'm having to limit my time coming on here at the mo as my 3 year old keeps saying 'let's go and get doggy' every time he sees a photo of a 'doodle'. He can't understand why we keep talking about getting a puppy but when he says he's ready to go we do nothing!!!

So for the mo I'm going to admire your lovely doodle photos on here and look forward to meeting the real thing when the North West folks next meet up.

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 16 Mar 2007, 11:06

Foxie, if we have pups they wouldn't actually be ready for going until the Autumn as oppose to late Summer.
I think a 3 bed semi is big enough for a standard size doodle tbh - I used to live in a 3 bed semi and we had the four dogs we have now, plus 4 children - but I guess we are all different and you have to feel at ease and comfortable - it really does depend what you want - maybe it really is that you would prefer to live with a smaller dog full stop ? :D

I think also you would be better keeping an open mind about having to travel for the right puppy too .... I don't think you should rule out a puppy just based on where the breeder lives ... you could be losing out on a great pup as a result.

foxie68

Post by foxie68 » 16 Mar 2007, 11:26

Thanks for your advice Sharon and your right in a way, you go with what you know. I've always had smaller dogs (Shetland Sheep dog/Kern Terrier) while my other half is used to larger dogs. My 3 year old just wants a dog NOW!.

We are prepared to travel, it's just you seem really nice and your almost local too - but your right it would have been nice to have a puppy to walk in the summer.

Anyway, so once again I have food to thought.

Thanks

Foxie

foxie68

North West Meet

Post by foxie68 » 16 Mar 2007, 11:28

Sharon

Forgot to ask - will you be able to make the North West meet on Formby Beach on the 13th May.

We're hoping to go cause we really want to meet a 'doodle'.

bye for now

Foxie

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 16 Mar 2007, 11:40

Hi Foxie - prob not as my little girl will prob be having her 8th birthday day party that day.