rehoming cockapoo

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
zebedee

rehoming cockapoo

Post by zebedee » 09 Nov 2010, 17:18

We are looking for a new home for our cockapoo, he is neutered and chipped,black with white bib and mouth,poodle coat,requires trimming,fully house trained and knows all basic commands,very genuine reason.please contact me if anybody can help thanks.

Liz!

Re: rehoming cockapoo

Post by Liz! » 09 Nov 2010, 17:24

Hey zebedee, you are usually trying to find homes for other dogs. Are you ok?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

Bid

Post by Bid » 09 Nov 2010, 17:44

So sorry to hear that - heartbreakng for you. I hope you can find a home for him that you are happy with.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 09 Nov 2010, 19:59

I'm really sorry to hear that. You haven't had him very long have you? I hope you're ok. Could the Trust help?

zebedee

Post by zebedee » 09 Nov 2010, 20:16

Hi I know its usually the other way round! we havent taken this decision lightly at all,we have had him since the summer,and dont feel his previous owners were completely honest with us! I just dont know where to turn to be honest,as a family its been awful,me and my partner are both gutted.x.

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 09 Nov 2010, 21:02

Does he have behavioural problems?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

zebedee

Post by zebedee » 09 Nov 2010, 21:50

His main issue is that he doesnt like to be left alone for very long,he forms very strong bonds and has become particularly attatched to me,thats about it really.x.

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 09 Nov 2010, 22:00

Aaah. Lola is like that, I think many of them are. She cries all the time if left, even after building it up 5 minutes at a time. She should be fine left with my son who she adores but she drives him mad moaning if I go out for the evening.

That is sad if you have to leave him. hope you find a good home where they can stay at home most of the time.

KatieSmith

Post by KatieSmith » 09 Nov 2010, 22:13

Liz! wrote:Does he have behavioural problems?

Well, they cant be as bad as some members on here have if he has. Why assume a dog needing rehoming has something wrong with it? Much of the time I think , but not in this case hopefully the owners pander to the dogs and make them insecure when left. How about some sympathy for the owners whove had to make such a sad decision? I feel sorry for them and wish them and the dog a happier outcome, pity more dont instead of demanding answers as if they hold the moral high ground and are the most perfect dog owners on the planet.

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 09 Nov 2010, 22:50

i was just responding to the fact Zebedee said the previous owners had not been honest katie. My first post was in fact asking if zebedee is ok. I think you'll find I have not said or even implied that the situation is anybody's fault.

And far from being a perfect owner I have said that Lola does the same thing!

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 09 Nov 2010, 22:53

KatieSmith wrote:

Well, they cant be as bad as some members on here have if he has. Why assume a dog needing rehoming has something wrong with it? Much of the time I think , but not in this case hopefully the owners pander to the dogs and make them insecure when left. How about some sympathy for the owners whove had to make such a sad decision? I feel sorry for them and wish them and the dog a happier outcome, pity more dont instead of demanding answers as if they hold the moral high ground and are the most perfect dog owners on the planet.
I think we are all sympathising with Zebedee, it is a terrible decision to have to make, particularly when it is a doodle that has already been re-homed. It is the last thing anyone would want.

But if Zebedee thinks that the last owners weren't quite truthful it is important for any potential new owners to have a full picture to be able to work with to give this poor little guy the best chance possible.

Zebedee - seperation anxiety (if that's what it is) is very tough but can be worked on with a qualified behaviourist. It might be worth a try. Hugs to you and the family. xxx

iceprincess10x

Post by iceprincess10x » 09 Nov 2010, 23:14

Just want to offer some hope. Bailey had terrible seperation anxiety not only from myself but from my other dog. Eventually it became such a problem that we brought in a behaviourist who only came for 1 session but gave us the strategies to deal with it and he is great now.

I hope everything works well for all concerned.

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 09 Nov 2010, 23:24

Are the strategies the sort of thing you can let us know iceprincess? I'd like Lola not to be upset when she's left. We do stuff like not looking at her or saying goodbye, and when we come in again just letting her calm down before we let her out of her crate, just trying to be low key really.

gilly1709

Post by gilly1709 » 09 Nov 2010, 23:51

KatieSmith wrote:

How is that an assumption?

Liz was quite rightly asking a question any sensible dog owner or person looking to adopt a "rehomed" dog would ask.

There was no demand for answers just some background information. And you're going on about moral highground!!

Sorry for the rant peeps but that's got my back up. I find Liz's input to a lot of threads very interesting and helpful.
ImageImage
ImageImage

gilly1709

Post by gilly1709 » 09 Nov 2010, 23:56

Oh, and I offer my sympathies to Zebedee. What a horrible and brave decision to have to make. I hope your Cockapoo finds the perfect home.
ImageImage
ImageImage