rehoming cockapoo

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
zebedee

Re: rehoming cockapoo

Post by zebedee » 10 Nov 2010, 22:16

Can i say again thank you for all the kind words of support and for not judging us,i cant believe we are doing this and the enormity of the situation is almost too much to take,i was hoping to find him a perfect home with someone around most of the day but if this doesnt happen i will have to consider doodle rescue, as if i havent let him down enough already.x.

SBW2009

Post by SBW2009 » 10 Nov 2010, 22:21

I hope all works out. I would have been interested him however Bondi suffers as well so it wouldn't be a good idea.

Please keep us updated.

Bid

Post by Bid » 10 Nov 2010, 22:23

zebedee wrote:Can i say again thank you for all the kind words of support and for not judging us,i cant believe we are doing this and the enormity of the situation is almost too much to take,i was hoping to find him a perfect home with someone around most of the day but if this doesnt happen i will have to consider doodle rescue, as if i havent let him down enough already.x.
Please don't feel you are letting him down :( . You can't be there all day every day for him, and it's not your fault. It is heartbreaking for you that he needs something you can't give him right now, and you are doing the best thing you can for him and your family by trying to find him the home that he needs. I hope that some of the suggestions make it a little easier for him, so you can take the time you need to find the right home.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

gilly1709

Post by gilly1709 » 11 Nov 2010, 10:51

Zebedee,

Before I get started on another "topic" which I apologise in advance for, you really shouldn't feel any guilt and it's definitely a good thing to consider the Doodle trust. I know you'd like to know you cockapoo is in a good home and get updates but the trust wouldn't rehome her if it wasn't in a family/household perfectly suited for her.

As much as I'd love to see you overcome the SA with the dog you love and keep us all updated on your progress, it show equal bravery and love letting her go.

Back to the sock.
KatieSmith wrote:I see that the consistancy is good on here as soon as someone throws a different opinion into the mix they get accused of being a sockpuppet/troll typical and SO predicatblely pathetic!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how it seems to happen on every thread you contribute to. :lol: :lol:
KatieSmith wrote:I never imagined that by trying to point out peoples attitudes wasn't helping your situation that it would start the usual bleating
My apologies. Your contribution in pointing out peoples attitudes (on every thread) is second to none. Please re-read my posts and seek some help.
KatieSmith wrote:I will not reply again on this thread

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! And I felt we were just starting to create a "bond" :( :( :(

Note to self:

Don not feed the trolls. Do not feed the trolls. :oops:
ImageImage
ImageImage

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 11 Nov 2010, 11:00

Zebedee,
I'm really sorry, but my in-laws cannot offer your lovely dog a home in light of the SA.
Horrible though it may seem, and I've asked them to look into behavioural therapists but they did not want to go there.
They are at home most of the time, bar the odd hour here and there, but they do go to Norwich every day per week, which would take them out of the house from 10am to 7pm (with us going in to let it out for an hour during that time) and wouldn't be fair to leave a nervous dog alone for that long.

Sorry again, hope you find someone with the time and energy to work towards beating the SA.

Claire
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

zebedee

Post by zebedee » 11 Nov 2010, 11:05

Thanks for that, i have to keep telling myself it is best for marley and he will find a lovely home! its not even that im out a lot but there are times when i would be out for a good few hours like most people,and he just wont settle,and obviously there are times he just cant come with us! looking to the future does help me know im making the right decision because things would only get worse i think.ive contacted labradoodle trust and barb said i could have regular updates about marley and to know he is happy is all i need .x.

zebedee

Post by zebedee » 11 Nov 2010, 11:44

its ok claire i thinks that too long to be left,ive decided if i cant find a home myself at least with doodle rescue he would go straight to a foster home so no time in kennels which sounds great.x.

pammy67

Post by pammy67 » 22 Feb 2011, 19:06

whatever happened to this dog?? do u get updates??

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 22 Feb 2011, 19:46

Hi

I've just been looking at success stories on Doodle Trust and there is a Cockapoo called Marley, so assume he has been rehomed. Sorry, I don't know any more...

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 22 Feb 2011, 22:32

I'm pretty sure that the happy ending is/was Zebedee's Marley, so fab news that he has found a good home. :D

pammy67

Post by pammy67 » 22 Feb 2011, 23:00

yes slightly peeved here as i offered this dog a home, very good home but was asked if i would give money for him, when i said that i wouldnt as i was not looking for another dog but i could and after some thought wanted to give him a home was told he was going to the trust.
I emphasise had i offered money he would have been with me now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 23 Feb 2011, 23:18

WE Collected Marley and met Barb from the Trust at Carlisle when we got our Chester back ,Zebedee (I dont want to name the poor lady) was so stressed about parting with her dog and even rang to change her mind once Barb and Trevor had met but rehoming was the best for both and sometimes you have to be brave for all concerned.