We want a puppy... HELP!!!!!

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Nance

We want a puppy... HELP!!!!!

Post by Nance » 16 Mar 2007, 14:26

Hello,

We are looking for a blonde female labradoodle puppy. Preferably with a curly/fleece coat and not spayed. 1500 pounds is too expensive, we would have to pick up our pup too, it would cost a fortune!!!

We live in Holland and here the waitinglist is 2 years and over. Who knows where to look for a puppy??? I tried Epupz, but then I would have to live in an english speaking country so I can't become a member. I tried pets4homes too but there they haven't got what we are looking for.

Who can help!!!

Grtz Nancy Roovers
mangaprincess@hotmail.com

freedom

Post by freedom » 16 Mar 2007, 19:00

Hello Nancy
My friend will be having puppies shortly, they will be F3. We live in the South so very easy to get the ferry from Hook van Holland - Portsmouth or channel tunnel
Do you have many Labradoodle breeders in Nederland?
You have very good english are you from the UK?

Nance

Post by Nance » 16 Mar 2007, 19:44

There is one goldendoodle breeder in Holland and there were 2 labradoodle breeders. The goldendoodle breeder has a waitinglist of one year and one of the labradoodle breeders has a waitinglist of 2 years and over. And I don't know what happened to the other labr breeder...

Are there any puppies left from the litter? I don't know if we must make reservations for a puppy. We really want a female so that we can eventually breed from her, we want to make it possible for other allergic people in Holland to have a dog, but not have to wait as long as they have to now. Are the parents tested etc.?

I'm not from the UK... I am a pure bred Dutch(woman) :D No in Holland all of the children start learning English at a young age. We also don't dub television series and movies like the germans do. And most of my college books and sheets are in English so I'm really used to it and can use it almost like a second language. At least on paper... When talking you can hear my accent very well and I don't know the words when I have to say them. When writing you have time to think about it.

You can reach my at my email adress mangaprincess@hotmail.com I have MSN too... How can I contact your friend?

Grtz Nancy

freedom

Post by freedom » 16 Mar 2007, 20:00

Hi Nancy,
If you click on the www at the bottom of this message you will go to my website, you can see the parents here (skye & cosmo). The puppies are not born at this moment.
You can e-mail through my site also and we can talk more.
Groetjes,
Debbie

Nance

Post by Nance » 17 Mar 2007, 09:10

Hey everyone,

We really want a blonde pup. It is for my mother and she has always wanted a golden retriever, but my father and I used to be very allergic to dogs. I still am allergic but my father has just recently grown out of it. So a golden retriever is still not an option. :( Thats why we wanted a blonde labradoodle. We read about it's temperament, and wits and my mother said: "thats the one". I hope that I can find one through this forum.

Greetz Nancy

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 17 Mar 2007, 17:29

Hi Nance, you said "we want to make it possible for other allergic people in Holland to have a dog,"
I assume that you are aware of the many breeds that do not shed and are suitable for many people with dog coat allergy, labradoodles are not generally speaking as safe a choice because of the variety and unpredictability of coat type. Poodles are the first choice to test people with allergies but any dog can cause an allergic reaction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoallergenic_dog_breeds

sorry folks , edited to include many breeds that shed a lot, so I wont provide this link again
Last edited by Carole g on 17 Mar 2007, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

freedom

Post by freedom » 17 Mar 2007, 17:51

I note it says poodle hybrids tho carole :o

I never realised that many of those breeds were considered hypo allergenic.
I used to have a Basenji and another bonus with them is thier lack of doggy odour.

Barb

Post by Barb » 17 Mar 2007, 18:37

The Bouvier des Flandres certainly is not hypoallergenic. :roll:

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 17 Mar 2007, 18:38

Well spotted , Freedom, the page has been hugely edited, (thats the blessing and downfall of wikipedia). For a start its a poodle cross. not a hybrid unless its a poodle cross jackal :lol: ( think I would have a long struggle to get kennel club recognition for that! :wink: ) and now there is a lot of dissension around the article which is the usual old and tired arguments. From years of allergy testing, the best dog Ive found to be a poodle with close runner up , the schnauzer. I have heard of good success with the hairless dogs but the public are generally a little wary of them. Some terriers are also suitable but the results are more mixed

The truth is anyone can be allergic to anything, you just try to improve the odds in favour of the allergy sufferer. Many people are very allergic to other allergens but not to dogs, there i.s no hard and fast rule. But of course allergic people in the Netherlands do not have to wait for a labradoodle in order to have a dog, there are safer choices already available to them.

Ill provide an uneditable link,
http://www.dogbiz.com/faq-allergies.htm
Last edited by Carole g on 17 Mar 2007, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 17 Mar 2007, 18:55

Ps Ive shown Merry a picture of a Jackal and hes up for it!
Last edited by Carole g on 17 Mar 2007, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

freedom

Post by freedom » 17 Mar 2007, 18:57

I took a chap to get his Labrador hip xrayed today and whilst in his car he started sneezing and his nose running profusely, turned out he is allergic to cat hair and I had some on my wool cardigan thanks to my British Shorthair :lol:

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 17 Mar 2007, 18:58

Well, I have to agree - the Labradoodle is most definitely not the best breed to opt for where allergies are concerned ...

A standard or min poodle would be ideal candidates (although no guarantees of course) and I would imagine not as difficult to acquire as a labradoodle clearly is in Holland. Remember, traditional poodle clips are not compulsory and if it is your preference, the coat can be grown so that your poodle has a beard etc. just like a well coated labradoodle.

Whatever you decide, I wish you well with your future chosen puppy ! 8)

Nance

Post by Nance » 17 Mar 2007, 20:06

If I wanted a poodle I would've asked for one. Us wanting a labradoodle isn't just some whim... We really thought about it.

I don't have to defend my actions, if we wanted to put up a breeding line in Holland they would be tested BEFORE we started actually breeding. It's not like we let de neighbours dog have his way. :S

We want a labradoodle, a blonde one, preferably of a later generation and female. We don't believe in spaying at 8 weeks. We are now reading everything there is to know about dogs. My parents grew up amongst dogs, before the allergy kicked in.

I always wanted a dog but couldn't have one. And now there is a dog we find attractive, has a nice temperament and can be great with people with allergies. I can be around dogs that need to be plucked and shaved and when their coat is well maintained.

So don't spoil my dream!

Greetz Nancy

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 17 Mar 2007, 21:05

Nancy I know that at least one of the doodle Breeders in Holland desexes their pups before they are sold .... is this a common procedure over there ? This would certainly add to your problems of purchasing one there since you want to breed....

Sorry, if you took my well intentioned advice the wrong way - I just would hate to see anyone become ill because they had taken on a labradoodle puppy thinking that they were a consistently suitable dog for allergy sufferers .... often doodle pups are great for those with asthma/eczema etc but once the coat matures, there is the danger that this will no longer be the case. A true multigen - eg. an Australian labradoodle would probably be as suitable for an allergy sufferer as a Poodle.

foxie68

Post by foxie68 » 17 Mar 2007, 22:57

Hi Nancy

On reading this thread I think you have taken their advice a bit wrong, they were not trying to put you off getting a doodle (why would they, they love them).

They were just trying to advise you that if your main concern was about allergies then a doodle may not be the way to go.

Anyway, I hope you find the doodle of your dreams real soon and manage to get him/her back home safe and sound.