Nelson 10 Month Black Male Doodle In Need Of A New Home

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
Clairejen

Re: Nelson 10 Month Black Male Doodle In Need Of A New Home

Post by Clairejen » 27 Feb 2011, 23:16

Hey guys, what's going on here. Seems like there's been a lot of misunderstanding, I can't see anyone saying the Trust is a profit making organisation. We all know it is a charity with a lot of dedicated volunteers who give considerable time and money to rescue doods in need.

Nelson sounds gorgeous and I hope he finds a lovely home quickly. I can absolutely understand Tiffany doesn't want him to go into foster, no point in him going through the disruption of two new homes and fosterers are busy enough with dogs in desperate need. Now she and Barb have connected they can hopefully find a solution.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

hushpuppy

Post by hushpuppy » 27 Feb 2011, 23:50

Donna wrote:I'm sorry but I personally find your suggestion that The Labradoodle Trust is a profit making organisation offensive.
I didn't mention profit but was of the impression that the labradoodle trust charged for any dogs. Thanks for confirming that's not the case.

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 28 Feb 2011, 00:20

Hushpuppy - pming you.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Debs & Co

Post by Debs & Co » 28 Feb 2011, 15:52

Guys

Its a shame there has been so much misunderstanding here, lets hope Nelson finds a forever home, which I am sure is the ultimate aim here.
URL=http://www.GlitterMaker.com/]Image[/URL]

ImageImage
[/url]

JudeinPlymouth

Post by JudeinPlymouth » 28 Feb 2011, 16:16

Phew..... lets face it, we all care desperately about our dogs, other peoples dogs and all other animals (OH thinks I think I'm Eliza Doolittle!!).... which is why there have been misunderstandings I would say. And better the misunderstandings come from passion about our four legged friends than apathy eh?

Anyway.... just wanted to share that about 6 years ago I divorced from my hubby and sadly had to re-home my gorgeous black labrador as neither of us could look after him on our own. It was the HARDEST thing I've had to do but I knew it was right for him. I did it through a similar organisation to the Labradoodle Trust who rehomed him with a fabulous family... we weren't allowed to know their address but they were allowed to write to us. They sent me a couple of pictures and a letter saying he had settled in fine and was now a fixture behind the counter of the Post Office they owned :D

I still miss him but I did the right thing by him and hopefully this is what is happening here?
ImageImage

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 28 Feb 2011, 16:31

:evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: PEOPLE ARE QUICK TO JUDGE BUT THAT JUDGEMENT IS MADE UP OF THOUGHTS AND NOT FACTS.

You obviously are a loving and kind lady and I am angry that judgements have been made of the trust, and you when all you wanted was help and advice.

I was going to post some quotes but thought that it would only start a war. I personally feel ashamed of how people have criticised and judged,
I thought that everyone wanted to share experiences and if needed advice on what they have or would do, as oppose to inflicting negative views and pointing the fingers and putting down either organisations that they know nothing about as if they did they would not have said what they did!! Plus having goes at each other????

If you cant be nice or be niceDON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!

tillytubbie

Post by tillytubbie » 28 Feb 2011, 19:53

Oh dear.
I'm sorry you can no longer look after Neslon :(
I can't help I'm afraid, but can I say just say: make sure he's had the chop before he's rehomed so no one can take him for profit :)

Good luck!
Image Image Image

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 28 Feb 2011, 20:52

blueboysgirl wrote:Precisely why I've stayed away from the UKLA for a few days.
Claire you are missed I love your post re Bruno they are very warming, fun and you say what you think and what you would do which is what the forums are about. (please dont stop posting)

Nobody can say anything without being shot down.

Sorry for you situation, I truthfully believe the Labradoodle Trust is the way forward, but if this suggests giving your dog to nothing more than a profit making livestock shop, I'm obviously very deluded.
Claire you not deluded your....DOODDOODLELED :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope that I have not come across as that way

JacquiandTeddy

Post by JacquiandTeddy » 28 Feb 2011, 20:52

Tiffany, I'm sorry that you have to part with Nelson, but it's clear you have his best interests at heart.

Can I ask, though, if you have considered paying a dog walker to exercise him during the day? I have two dogs who go out with a dogwalker when I am working. She has a set of keys, picks them up, gives them a fantastic walk then brings them back, dries them off if needed and gives them their food which I leave ready for them. Then they sleep it off for the afternoon. They love her to bits but are still as pleased as ever to see me when I get home and it works very well. You may have already considered this, but I just wanted to offer you another option which would mean you wouldn't have to part with him.

Good luck with whatever you decide, it's certainly not easy.
Jacqui

Kerouac, Teddy and Rosie

Barb

Post by Barb » 28 Feb 2011, 21:14

Nelson is on his way to one of our foster homes. He will, of course, be neutered before he is put up for rehoming. :D

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 28 Feb 2011, 21:53

Barb wrote:Nelson is on his way to one of our foster homes. He will, of course, be neutered before he is put up for rehoming. :D
That is wonderful news because he will be like Asha and many others that have been lucky to of entered the Trust that his forever home will happen.

Tiffany sending you the biggest hugs ever. Your boy will always be safe now. Because he is a special boy just as you are a special mom who put the needs of him first.. You are very brave and kind hearted I wish you all the best in the future

Caz

Exiled Baggie

Post by Exiled Baggie » 02 Mar 2011, 22:54

Just want to say that the trust is the best way to rehome a dood, I may be a little biased seeing as we have just got our dood after 12 months of searching and a couple of months waiting for the right dood to come along. I have nothing but the highest regard for Barb and everyone associated with the trust, I do think hushpuppy was being a little negative with their original comment and then seems to have purposely misinterpreted the replies they received.