Labradoodle 4months old, looking for a good home.

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
cookie

Labradoodle 4months old, looking for a good home.

Post by cookie » 03 Apr 2007, 21:19

A four month old (06/04/07) is looking for a good home. She is a soft black bundle of intelligence and charm. Sadly her owners daughter has lost all interest, I'm a friend of the owners and would offer her a home in heartbeat, but alas I can't at present. I had a Labrador bitch for eleven years, and when I 'doodle-sat' at the weekend, I knew instanly that she is eager to learn/please, with a calm and gentle nature.She has been around other pets and one 18month old grandson, I'm waiting for pics to post soon . She has been chipped,vaccinated and frontlined, but most importantly she deserves an attentive owner, preferably in the country with lots of opportunity to swim and interact. She is based in west London close to A40/M25. Price is £600ono, less than has been spent , due to a good home being a must, we will like to see where she is going, so no time wasters please. This picture depicts the coat/colour and look.
Email for more details kate.spencer3@ntlworld.com

chelsea

Post by chelsea » 03 Apr 2007, 21:21

Has Cookies breeder been contacted to help find her a new home :?:

cookie

Post by cookie » 03 Apr 2007, 21:23

Good point, I will ask the owner and post back.

karlak

Re: Labradoodle 4months old, looking for a good home.

Post by karlak » 04 Apr 2007, 08:23

cookie wrote: Sadly her owners daughter has lost all interest, Image
Email for more details kate.spencer3@ntlworld.com
That is probably one of the saddest things I have heard on any forum. My 10 year old son lost "interest" in his clarinet lessons, and his transformer toys :roll: .

Have they considered giving the dog away FREE to a loving and caring home ?

Bean

Post by Bean » 04 Apr 2007, 10:17

this makes me so sad to see, 4 months old and already in danger of having lasting damage at having to be rehomed because a child lost interest. What were the parents thinking! It doesnt matter what breed of dog or how big or small, people who think animals can be just passed on shouldnt have them.

sorry for my rant but it makes me very angry and sad to see so many dogs needing new homes today.

Xena

Post by Xena » 04 Apr 2007, 10:41

Makes me sad, would love to rehome her. But must wait for no2 till the first is trained

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 04 Apr 2007, 10:48

Bean wrote:this makes me so sad to see, 4 months old and already in danger of having lasting damage at having to be rehomed because a child lost interest. What were the parents thinking! It doesnt matter what breed of dog or how big or small, people who think animals can be just passed on shouldnt have them.

sorry for my rant but it makes me very angry and sad to see so many dogs needing new homes today.
I agree, how terribly sad, surely nobody in their right mind buys a dog for a child, they should be family pets and equally responsible for them. I know from experience with my kids and guinnie pigs etc. how quickly they lose interest.

Here's hoping this little girl finds her permanent loving home soon. :cry:

misskatie

Re: Labradoodle 4months old, looking for a good home.

Post by misskatie » 04 Apr 2007, 11:41

" Sadly her owners daughter has lost all interest."

I agree with what others are saying. My god, a dog isn't a toy to be bought on the whim of a child, and discarded when they get bored of it. :cry: Please tell me there is more to this dog having to be rehomed than that.

Bean - I agree, it's been very upsetting seeing all these lovely dogs looking for new homes :cry:

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 04 Apr 2007, 13:54

Sorry Cookie, no intention on giving you a hard time. You've done the right thing bringing her to this site.

Really hope she finds a wonderful new home. :D

I would have her like a shot, but with our own pups due imminently, it wouldn't be fair on her as I could not give her the attention she would need. :cry:

Dougie101

Post by Dougie101 » 04 Apr 2007, 14:04

Wow, she looks so much like my dougie who is also 4mths old. Did she come from Cheshire?

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 04 Apr 2007, 14:46

[quote="LouBeale"]Sorry Cookie, no intention on giving you a hard time. You've done the right thing bringing her to this site.

Yes Lou's right. Hope you're not too upset by the replies to your post as you're absolutely doing the right thing for your friend - she's very lucky to have someone like you to help her, it's just so sad for the puppy involved. Hopefully through this site you'll find a lovely new home for her - I'm sure you will :D .

cookie

Post by cookie » 04 Apr 2007, 16:51

No offence taken by any of your posts, infact they reflect my sentiments entirely. There is more to the story, the family were all set to move to Somerset (Doodle being the settling in bribe for the 'brat'), the move fell through, both parents will have to work full time now in London, and hey presto, this wonderful animal is on the shelf at 4months old. I've been offered her for free, and I'm still very torn at not being able to take her. But , I take being a dog owner very seriously, and if I cannot commit totally, then I should not do it. Which is why I've now become involved in helping to rehome her, otherwise she will end up in loot. The price can come down as long as she goes to a good and experienced home. I would hate for her to be up for re-homing again, she is eager,alert and ready to give everything to the right owner/s.

As for the 'breeder', unknown as she came through a pet shop. Please don't buy from pet shops, however good a reputation they have. My friend (the Mother), realises she made a mistake on all counts.For the record and in her defence, she has rescued many dogs/animals during my time of knowing her.

On a personal note, maybe someone here will be able to help me with a query. One of my daughters has epilepsy, the type that throws you to the ground unconscious, sadly it's been difficult to control and she's had over 50 seizures in the past 3 years. I was wondering how dogs respond to this kind of condition in their owners, I'm aware that many pets tune in to loving owners and can alert/help. Her epilepsy developed after our family Labrador had died, so I've not got experience with the two.(This being the main reason I've had to decline the doodle, that and two elderly cats.)

Anyway, thank you all for your interest, I knew this would be a forum full of genuine doodle/dog lovers.

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 04 Apr 2007, 19:15

[quote="cookie"] I'm aware that many pets tune in to loving owners and can alert/help.

Did you see the wonderful dog on 'This Morning' (can't remember if it was Mon or Tues) He was able to detect tiny changes in his owners behaviour before she had a seizure, and would sit and stare at her, so she knew she had to get herself somewhere safe - amazing. She said having the dog had changed her life - ever so touching to see how much the dog meant to her :D .

delilah

labradoodle 4 month old looking for new home

Post by delilah » 04 Apr 2007, 20:01

Hi,
I too have seen a TV programme where a teen/young lady who was severly epileptic found a dog who would warn her of an impending seizure, and then lick her face to help her regain consciousness. It had made the most amazing difference to her life as she could go out safe in the knowledge that she would not fit unexpectedly as her dog would warn her to get to safety.

I honestly think a doodle would be an excellent candidate for such a role as they are very people centred and watch your every move picking up all sorts of unconscious signals. I am sure they would be trainable if it was possible for you to show what was happening and how to react to it.
Is there a society you could consult for help?

Bid

Post by Bid » 04 Apr 2007, 20:11

So sorry to hear about your daughters epilepsy. This link has some good info on the seizure warning dogs ...

http://www.epilepsynse.org.uk/PAGES/WHA ... er02_1.cfm
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron