Australian Labradoodle free to right home

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
barneydoodle

Australian Labradoodle free to right home

Post by barneydoodle » 04 Aug 2013, 11:22

I very sadly need to re-home my gorgeous boy Barney due to a change in personal circumstances. I am going through a divorce and where I am living it has become very difficult to have him.
Barney is an Australian Labradoodle bought from Raisdoodles in Herefordshire. He has a brown soft fleece coat and does not moult. He is about 22" high and weighs about 20kg and will be 3 years old at the end of November. I have always maintained him well so he is up to date with vaccinations, worming, etc.
Barney is a beautiful dog and as a puppy he cost £1500. He is a lovely character and would suit a family with young children. I know the first to see him will want him and time is of the essence. He is available free to the right home.

Tania&Bella

Re: Australian Labradoodle free to right home

Post by Tania&Bella » 04 Aug 2013, 11:50

Have you contacted Rai? I have seen on her website that she re homes doodles.

Also I wouldn't sell him for free, you want to make sure he gets the BEST home and make sure he doesn't end up in the wrong hands.

So sorry to hear, good luck finding him a lovely home

Tania xx
Tania Neil Harry Bella and now Sully
ImageImage

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 04 Aug 2013, 12:02

How heartbreaking for you- I am sorry things are tough for you.
I am sure you will find Barney the right home. The Labradoodle Trust will help with foster homes and home checking but I think they are busy at the moment with their annual Doodlfest event. There are mobile numbers on the website of the co- ordinators.
Will the breeder help?
Please be very wary of offering him free as he may be attractive to unscrupulous breeders (if not done) or , sorry to seem dramatic but it happens, dog fighting people or just someone who would sell him on. I know you would vet them but they can be quite plausible.
Sorry- I don't want to add to your stress but lots of people just aren't aware these awful people exist.
I hope you find a solution and things improve for you. There are lots of lovely people on here who will offer you comfort and advice. Xxx
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

barneydoodle

Post by barneydoodle » 04 Aug 2013, 12:19

Thanks guys. would not feel comfortable charging for him and yes he has been done so cannot be used to breed.
Hopefully, someone I know will have him, just exploring all avenues.

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 04 Aug 2013, 12:25

I understand it feels bad to ask for money when you just want a nice home. Be wary of gumtree and preloved etc but you're in the right place here with hundreds of doodle lovers. I'm sure you'll find him somewhere lovely. Xx
Last edited by suzi23173 on 04 Aug 2013, 12:43, edited 2 times in total.
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Tania&Bella

Post by Tania&Bella » 04 Aug 2013, 12:30

I'm sure there is someone on here looking for another dood. Some people are at doodlefest. I'm sure you will have many replies by this evening.

Tania x
Tania Neil Harry Bella and now Sully
ImageImage

shellsie

Post by shellsie » 04 Aug 2013, 13:04

I'm sure u will find a loving home for Barney, sorry u have found yourself in this position. Do you have any pictures of Barney?? xx

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 04 Aug 2013, 13:16

How terrible for you, it is heartbreaking to have to part with your boy. If you decide to contact the Labradoodle Trust, they do have a waiting list of adopters who have particular needs of a dog, eg good with children, good with cats, non-shedding etc. I'm sure that Barney would fit the bill perfectly for someone, and the Trust homechecks all applicants with a proper personal visit.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

ClareV

Post by ClareV » 04 Aug 2013, 14:14

I feel so sorry for you. What a very difficult decision. He sounds absolutely gorgeous. If only I could talk my husband around to having two, but sadly I am not getting very far. Where abouts in the country are you? Is Thierry any way that he could possibly be fostered out temporarily until you are sorted, and you could then take him back? Sorry, I am sure you have thought of everything, but just wanted to say that I am sure if it was a case of needing short term help, one of us might be able to oblige.

As others have said, I am sure you will get more responses once Doodlefest is over. Wishing you the very best of luck, and a Big Hug. Clare and Charlie x

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 04 Aug 2013, 14:30

oh dear - you must be heartbroken - where abouts are you in the country ?
I do hope someone can help you out and good luck for the future - I'm sorry I can't help -have 2 doodles already
KAthy
ImageImage
ImageImage

barneydoodle

Post by barneydoodle » 04 Aug 2013, 15:09

I'm struggling to attach/insert any pictures?
We are in Bedfordshire.

Doug1

Post by Doug1 » 04 Aug 2013, 15:16

Hi Barneydoodle. I have pm'd you. x

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 04 Aug 2013, 15:34

Sorry to hear about Barney :( ......don't give him away for free if you can't let him go to the Doodle Trust at least ask money for him so that you will potentially get a genuine dog lover/owner wanting him and make sure they have at least two visits to see him and spend time with him and vet them yourself. You don't have to accept any money once you know where he is going.
Please make sure it is a genuine dog lover and not as Suzie23173 has already mentioned Barney could be at possible risk of all sorts of unscrupulous people. Have you tried asking your friends and family members first maybe just maybe they may know of someone just waiting for a Barney :) . Word of mouth is an amazing system. Good Luck to you and Barney x
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 04 Aug 2013, 15:46

Have you contacted Rais Doodles? They are good breeders who support their owners. Maybe they can help get him a home, or vet those who apply.

I have a home check form I can emil you if you want to pm me your emil address. At leat it helps to vet those applying and weeds out some of the less desirable potentil owners.

Perhaps some of us who are home checkers in your area could help.

Try contacting Trish (Madaboutdoodles) who is a breeder in Bedfordshire, who has Cassie, Sadie et al. She might know of someoen looking for an older boy Doodle or maybe someone who could foster him for a bit if you can get sorrrted out and have him back.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Lotdoodle

Post by Lotdoodle » 04 Aug 2013, 16:29

Oh why oh why are these lovely doodles so far away - we still looking for a pal for our 3 year old doodle 'lottie'. We are based in South Wales if anybody out there has a 'no shedding' doodle they need to rehome!!!
We have two children 8 and 13 and live in a detached house with large three quarter of acre garden. I don't work do am home most of the time!

Just need a non shedding due to youngest daughter having allergies!!