Looking to rehome Millie

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
milliedoodle

Looking to rehome Millie

Post by milliedoodle » 09 Aug 2013, 15:07

Hi,

I am looking into rehoming my doodle Millie.

Our family circumstances have changed and i have been left with no other option but to rehome my baby :cry:

The reason i have posted on here as this site was a great help to me when Millie was a pup and i know how much you all adore your doodles.

I am looking for some advice regarding rehoming her as i dont want to advertise her on Gumtree or the likes but i have no idea how to go about this,i have emailed the labradoodle trust but have had no reply as yet but i understand that they will be very busy.

Any help or advise on this what be a great help

Thanks Louise

ClareV

Re: Looking to rehome Millie

Post by ClareV » 09 Aug 2013, 15:46

Oh Louise, I feel so sorry for you. You must be gutted. I am sure the Labradoodle Trust will be the safest option, and they are just very busy at the moment. Give them time to respond.

I am sorry you live so far away and I can not offer to help you.

Best of luck, and look after yourself. Big hug to you and Millie. X

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 09 Aug 2013, 16:34

How awful to have to make that decision, it must be heartbreaking.

Do persevere with contacting the trust, they will make sure she goes to a good and suitable home.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Bid

Post by Bid » 09 Aug 2013, 18:01

I am so sorry that you have to rehome your girl :( . I have great admiration for people who put their dogs interests first when they can no longer provide the home that they need - I don't know that I could do it, it must be so hard.

Lots of people looking for a doodle will look on here so maybe someone will be in touch - or perhaps this might work ... http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... 11&t=28650

There are a few experienced homecheckers on here, so if you need someone to check out a home for you, just ask and there may be someone in the area who can help.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ben

Post by Ben » 09 Aug 2013, 18:05

Hi
I am sorry to hear that you have to rehome Millie, but avoid the gumtree and preloved sites are best. As a recent foster home to the labradoodle trust I can guarantee that doodles do live in the home with other doodles and are treated like our own until they go to their carefully vetted home.

Please telephone Barb at the trust on the number on the site, best using the landline as the mobile can have dubious signals in the wilds of sunny Scotland.

Henry Doodle

Post by Henry Doodle » 09 Aug 2013, 21:21

Barb has been really busy as we had had the doodle festival.
Do try to call her though vecause the trust has a waiting list of people wanting to rehome doodles

Sorry about your circumstances changing and you having to rehome Millie, I also echoe what the others have said, avoid gumtee and other similar sites xx

Henry "Doodle" and Tracey x

linny

Post by linny » 09 Aug 2013, 21:35

So sorry to read this Louise :( ...Big hug from me.
As the others have said , do keep trying to contact Barb it will be the safest option for Millie.
I also home check , transport, and foster for the Trust and every potential new home is thoroughly vetted so you can be assured that Millie would be placed in the most suitable home.
Thinking of you.