including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 04:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Temp Rehoming?
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 01:07 

Hope all works out for you.What a stressful time.
Since the new build is delayed , I don't suppose the builders would compensate (at least for Dex cost of care perhaps?) Knowing major construction/housing companies they would have endless get out clauses if they delay at anytime nonethelesst a (wishful) thought on your behalf!

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 11:21 

Is there a reason why you don't rent somewhere for the intervening months? I know that rented places are hard to find with animals but they are out there, especially if there is only one dog (5 cats were our problem!). Are you frightened of delaying your sale in case you lose your buyers? Understandable in these times of course. As it's a development, can they do a part exchange which would allow you to stay in your current home until the new house is built?

I'm just trying to come up with some options which I would guess you have already been through and rejected for various reasons but without asking I don't know.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 14:43 

Yes we really need this sale. Impossible to say when the next one will come along and the last one fell through it was so disappointing.

Our buyers are moving out of a rented place they hate and want to move ASAP and I can't say I blame them. Begets can't be choosers in this market.

We've looked into short term rentals and enquired about 10-15. None of them would accept dogs on face value. Two wanted to triple the deposit.

Unfortunately our money is being poured into the new build and that includes our small equity from the sale. So we can't afford to rent. Prices round here are beyond astronomical. Close to £1,000 for a 3 bed.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 16:47 

I would have him in a heartbeat but Hubby may need convincing is he done? Will keep an eye on things and try to get Hubby convinced.. Does he sleep all night crated not crated? im so sorry your in this position xxx

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 20:05 

Ok. I think we may have found a home for Dex.

One of my sisters has come forward and said she is willing. I didn't ask her originally as she has had a torrid time of late going through IVF and I didn't want to put any more pressure on her when her mind is on other things. They have never had dogs, so I am a bit worried in case things don't work out, but I am confident that Dex is minimal trouble. He is such an easy going dog.

Her husband is open to the idea and her 13 year old is bursting with excitement. But I am being careful not to get hopes up at the moment in case things don't work out.

We've decided to do a cheap holiday in Summer if we can get the time off work. Maybe camping in France, paying for the tunnel crossing with tesco vouchers. This will give us some quality family time with our boys and will give her a break at little expense.

I'll keep this updated. Thanks to everyone who has been in touch. Overwhelmed.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 20:10 

She also lives within an hours drive do we can go at weekends and take him for walkies

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 20:10 

Yay !! Sounds good for whole family.

Hope it works out well.
I am sure your sister shall appreciate the 'distraction' at times.
Wish you and all your family the very best in the coming months.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 20:14 

Will keep fingers crossed for you - soon possible though! :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2014, 23:14 

That sounds like an ideal solution for you and Dex, I'm sure that it will work out well. Good luck with it all. :D

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2014, 00:14 

Fantastic news. I know how stressful moving is and trying to balance everything is very difficult. Fingers crossed that it all works out.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2014, 00:18 

Sent you a pm re an emergency back up plan.