including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 19 Jun 2019, 03:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Looking to find a new home for loving chocolate labrado
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 10:09 

If it is so wrong to care about the welfare and future of a dog being offered for re-homing then I hold my hand up as guilty. I stand by everything I have posted and feel sorry for any offence made as that was not the intention at all. Just the welfare of yet another doodle needing a new home ...nor more no less.

This is an open forum that can read by anyone in fact there are no private listings that can only be seen by forum members. It is totally open for troll's and abusers to post and get contact with people or just stir things up.

How on earth do any of us now who is who, how can we tell :?: Not everyone is honest or innocent we should be aware of that using the internet.

A first time poster should not be able to offer up a dog for re-homing (or offer a home for one for that matter) nor should they be able contact anyone by a private pm. Most other forum's will not allow anything than a post in general for at least maybe 10 posts. So why does a dog forum allow this :?:

We are not talking about bags of sugar here these are complex, living, breathing creatures that make this planet a better place to be and should not passed around like a commodity ....... they deserve much better from us so called "HUMANS"......and don't even get me started on the way they treat horses,donkeys,cats,badgers etc need I go on.

Ps Must remember to look out for some Rose Coloured glasses when I next go shopping for my posts on here.

ImageImage

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 10:42 

Vincento, since I guess that was aimed at me.

How amazing you are the only person who can set standards of dog rehoming. How lucky we are to have someone who knows everything and is the only decent judge of character on this forum.

Back to the real world. You only have to walk your dog in a public place to realise that actually you are not the only dog lover/intelligent person, the world is fully of lovely people who love their dogs. I base my friendships purely on people who like dogs and treat them well - and I have a wonderful set of friends. Now, there are many complete drongos as well. My suspicions would be that is Tracy was one of those she would have placed a quick ad in Preloved and made a few bucks, not put herself up for criticism by some people of limited thinking.

So, since you won't give the poor poster any quarter, I have decided you probably not a genuine person. Please tell me you are not high up in the Labradoodle Trust?

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 11:07 

Vincento wrote:
This is an open forum that can read by anyone in fact there are no private listings that can only be seen by forum members. It is totally open for troll's and abusers to post and get contact with people or just stir things up.

How on earth do any of us now who is who, how can we tell Not everyone is honest or innocent we should be aware of that using the internet.

I totally agree with Vincento .....re sock puppets, trolls and abusers.
and we all know that the internet is full of cranks and charletons.
....so whilst it's a good thing to come to somewhere like UKLA to try and find a suitable home for a dog in need it's also a good thing for members to raise awareness of the pitfalls associated with advertising on such a huge media.
I think almost everyone who posts has a common bond and that's the welfare of the dog..... but not everyone is aware of the dangers of dog baiters or puppy farms and the dangers of offering up an entire female (or male for that matter) free to good home. :( it's down to us here to raise that awareness and make sure that anyone looking to place a dog in a new home is fully aware of all the pitfalls.
I do hope that this particular dog finds the loving home she deserves and I'm sure that her foster mum will do her best to ensure that she does.

Please stop the personal sniping it achieves nothing :(

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 11:32 

WHOA!

Since this is a forum where we all love our dogs maybe everyone should take a step back and think before they post. There is absolutely no need for this thread to degenerate into a slanging match over the right way to rehome a dog, rather it should be a way to help unite people in the most beneficial way to help all concerned.
The aim of the 1st post was to find a new home for the lovely Milly. The OP has already stated her reasons for preferring to source Milly's new home herself, reasons which, personally, I see as very caring and valid - she has taken Milly in and cared for her and now wants to see and be involved as Milly continues on her journey to finding that perfect home.
I'm pretty certain the OP, who obviously wants that special home for Milly, will investigate each home offered, after all she knows Milly and has been very honest and open about her reasons for rehoming. So lets just leave it to her in the safe knowledge that she has Milly's best interests at heart and has been given the necessary information regarding neutering and offers of home checks to help her.
I work in a rescue and often have pups and 'problem' dogs here. Without exception I always take extra special care to find them good homes. That is not because I don't trust the rescue I work in but because I have formed a relationship with these dogs, I know their needs and their problems and I feel I am better placed to find them the new home that suits them best.
So let's be kind to each other and use the forum to help Milly find her new family please.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 21:07 

goodness me ... you wanted updates ... the bitching and back biting on this forum .... :(

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2014, 23:02 

Tracey, i for one would love any updates in Millie's rehoming :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 00:03 

Well said again Vincento.. This is public forum free speech and all that and perhaps not the place to rehome dogs I think the rehoming should be stopped... Rehomers or those who want a Doodle should be told that the Trust is their first port of call that will put an end to all this.. When you find those rose coloured spex Vincento let me borrow them.. Am just reading my post back to see if im being TOO emotion.. Yep I am... Tough!.... Puppy farming is rife and growing and people giving free dogs away are targets that is the reality!!.............. Traceylincs am sorry you feel that way but we are only concerned about Milly in a public forum there are bound to be disagreements as we wont all agree hopefully Mark will put a stop to all this by stopping the Rehoming section hopefully. xxx

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 00:12 

I can't agree with that I'm afraid. If you google labradoodles this is the first site that appears, so where else would someone go if they are looking for one. That means it is the ideal place to find a home for a doodle in need. Yes there is the trust, but some people clearly don't want to go that way. If we are not willing to discuss rehoming in a positive helpful way then they will go to gumtree or similar - do you think that preferable?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 07:16 

I think if I had done it "right" when I bought lulu and this section was here I would have been a first time poster and if I had decided to get a doodle, there would be a great deal of information - so this as a first port of call would be have been good. I may even have found put about rehoming rather than buying a puppy. I had never heard of anything labradoodle before I got Lulu - yes I may have been wrong, but there you have it - I did

I would not have known anything about the problems and pitfalls of rehoming and and this would have been able to "teach" me but I had everyone shouting at me (sort of) I would have left.

But by the same token I am not sorry I did it wrong and got my lulu as I did (as she is mine and I live her) and I learned a lot about doodles on this forum - but not all the information about "bad" people is out there. Call me naive I wouldn't have believed rotten nasty people may pray on these forums,.I think what I am trying to say in a convoluted way is - if we can provide as much information and help as we can without "dissing" people - wouldn't it be better. Sue's wording may be too long perhaps in some peoples eye but it is informative and is extremely "helpful" and I know she will shorten it and it will be good.

Now this post is long but we don't want to upset people, new or old, first timers or old posters but we sometimes do I. It is very upsetting if you feel the words are personally getting to you (even though it may not be the case personal) but I think for someone to write
TraceyLincs wrote:
goodness me ... you wanted updates ... the bitching and back biting on this forum .... :(
is very upsetting for us to read on what is normally a friendly supportive, forum and I feel it shouldn't degenerate to make people feel that way. (I think Tracey is right in what she says - there is a lot)

Anyway I hope we can agree to disagree about whatever is written and get on with supporting people and their lovely doods whether rehoming or not, Maybe Marks rehoming section can be more "in your face" if you know what I mean.

Anywas I do hope please Tracey does let us know how Millie is settling down. She seems a beautiful doddle of a doodle

ImageImage

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 07:21 

I agree with Bid! It's a terrible shame that these re-homing posts always deteriorate into something nasty! Tracey, it's blatantly obvious that you have Millie's welfare at the front of your decision to find a new, CARING, loving home for her! It's because you care that you came on this forum! As someone said earlier - you could have just gone onto Pre-loved or Gumtree - but you didn't! I would love to know how you get on in finding her forever home! xx

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 16:02 

You know I've just spent the last 20 mins or so reading everyone's posts and it's quite sad. Yes, we love our pets. For someone to admit that they need to find a home for a pet must be the hardest thing ever and luckily I've never been in that position. I bought Lucy when she was 8 months old. I got Sally at 11 months old and before I'd heard of this site. I think if I had read all the stories of Labradoodles and their shenanigans it would have put me off! Sally was free to a good home and yes maybe my decision was rash but it's the best thing I've done. And more importantly I like to think that this is the best thing for Sally. Not everyone who takes a dog for free is into puppy farming so please bear this in mind.

Plus I have PM'd someone who was looking to re-home some time last year as I felt the responses from fellow dog lovers were too accusatory. So I pm'd her to offer some support. Isn't that what's important here?

So I for one would love updates on Millie. I'd also like to think that some time soon we may meet up with her and her knew owners at a Doodle meet.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 16:23 

Tracey please continue to inform this Forum about Millie's rehoming.

Like Doodle Dee I bought Flint without knowing all the negatives of puppy sellers. Fortunately he was bought from a one off litter from a real home, with a loving (dog)mum who would've loved to keep one of her litter - in fact she went into a deep depression for months after they had left. :(

People on this forum are truly committed to dog welfare but on occasion get very heated (not wrongly so) and the original poster could feel very aggrieved and upset.

Obviously Tracey you want the very best for Millie and I too would in your position like to be hands on in her rehoming after taking her in and making her part of your family. She looks lovely and I'm sure YOU will do the very best for her now and for her future.
Thumbs up for you Tracey. :)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 17:09 

Hello again fellow forum members , i know lots of you are eager for an update .... so here goes !!

I would just like to start this post by saying a sincere thank you to all of you who have offered support to me both on the thread and via private messages ... you all know who you are and have been wonderful :)

Milly is a very very lucky doodle and has gone to live in a fantastic new home, i know that some of you know the couple via norfolk doodlers, i know that the new owners are aware of this forum and should they wish to contribute to this thread to give you all more details that is their choice, i know you will all understand i wouldn't want to violate anyones privacy by giving too many details.

I am 100% certain she has found the perfect forever home and will be lavished with oodles of love , patience and understanding, her new owners are keeping me updated and it is lovely to know i will always be able to follow Millys progress :)

It was a very sad day for me as I loved her very much but was equally uplifting as i knew it was in the best interests of the dogs .... my GSDs are managing to get around on their zimmer frames without getting their feet taken from under them :lol:

Thank you all once again for your interest ...... and an happy outcome !!

Tracey and GSD's

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 17:25 

Tracey,
That's brilliant news for all concerned!! Happy new life Millie! And a lovely peaceful life once again, GSDs...!
Thank you for giving us an update - I honestly wouldn't have blamed you for never wanting to contact us again... It's heart-warming to know that Millie has gone to the loving and caring home you always wanted for her -
Anne & Ianto x

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 17:50 

Tracy, Absolutely delighted to hear your news. I'm sure that it's going to work out fine, and thanks for the update. I am so sorry that you had such a hard time on this forum. I'm sure that the vast majority of us knew you had your Rescued Dood's interest at heart.

Very best wishes from Dexter and Mum. Xxx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next