including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Sep 2019, 17:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do you think this is legitimate?
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 13:17 

I can only add to the general consensus to your dilemma. There are many many good breeders out there; choose your furry friend from one of them, they're all gorgeous too. Your instincts are right you just have to act on them.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 20:23 

Hi again Flowers

Yes walk away. When I spoke to woodys breeder she told me all about him, confirmed date of birth, sent me pics of mum and dad so I knew he was what his previous owners said. We spoke for half an hour and my mind was at rest. If they don't have those basic details I am guessing you are being seriously conned.

Keep looking ... You will find your perfect friend. Whereabouts are you - can other members recommend a breeder for you?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 20:55 

Got to agree- walk away. Warning bells ringing. I'd worry its a dog that has issues that you won't know about until after you take him/ her and the lack of communication doesn't instill much confidence in their post- purchase help. There are a lot of good breeders, not all are very expensive, ( our Sam was £600, 8 week puppy, reared in family home with lots of before and after communication). Good luck , I'm sure you'll find the right dog for you soon .

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2014, 15:48 

.... and try not to ache your heart about this poor dog, Flowers. You haven't let her down. The only dogs we let down are the poor, wretched breeding bitches and stud dogs who are kept in appalling conditions whilst some people are still prepared to buy puppies without adequate checks...
As has been said, your perfect Doodle is waiting for you - and you'll feel better knowing that her or his mother has been cherished and loved too.
Anne & Ianto xx