Goodbye to our beautiful doodles

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
v09c

Goodbye to our beautiful doodles

Post by v09c » 18 Oct 2014, 19:40

We have a chronically asthmatic child. The reason we chose Labradoodles was due to them being a relatively hypoallergenic breed. 8 years ago we bought our first doodle. Bob a gorgeous big doodle, then 6 years ago we got Jenny and 5 years ago Mopsy. They have been a huge part of our family. Our son was a chronic asthmatic before we got the dogs we tried him around the litter we got Bob from and he didn't react. We were delighted and so the dogs began to join our family. In the last year my sons health has declined and he is now classed as a 'life threatened' asthmatic. On our last hospital visit they said we should rehome our dogs. Naturally at first we said no and the whole family has been devastated and cried. I have asked will he be better without them and they said not necessarily but the dander from the dogs will be one less thing to aggravate his lungs and we should give him this chance. If our son should die and we haven't done everything we can we will never ever forgive ourselves. We have to do everything we can. We love our dogs. They are such a part of our family. it is an impossible situation. We think we have friends who will take two of them. Jenny however has nowhere to go. She is such a kind and lovely dog. She loves being off lead on the forest, they all do. We spend so much time there walking them. If you could love her like we do then please contact me. She is used to hugs and smiles and lots of love. She is clean and sweet, so so sweet and pretty. She does pull on the lead but that is because they are usually off lead. We shall miss them all dreadfully. I am not sure how to attach a photo. We live in East London

Chelle46

Re: Goodbye to our beautiful doodles

Post by Chelle46 » 18 Oct 2014, 19:55

Please contact The Doodle Trust on Tel: 08456 009007, Marianne on 07827 913362 or Annie on 01189 326044. They will ensure your dood goes to a wonderful loving home.

v09c

Post by v09c » 18 Oct 2014, 19:58

Thank you so much for your reply. I wanted to meet the people who would want her. I wanted them to see her at home and how happy and loved she is. i can't bear the thought of her going into kennels until they can home her :( she will be so confused

Chelle46

Post by Chelle46 » 18 Oct 2014, 20:20

Please don't worry the trust uses foster carers (I foster) who care for the doods like they are their own until a suitable home is found. Every home and family is checked before they are allowed to re-home a dog and evry dood assessed so the best family is choosen for them xx

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 18 Oct 2014, 20:26

Hi, I am so sorry for the situation you find yourselves in. I too have very allergic daughters (epipens always at the ready ) but they are grown up with their own homes - still a problem but manageable.
There may be things you could do to reduce the allergic reactions - you may already have tried them ..... Hard flooring, no rugs, biolife sprays, air purifiers, etc .......believe me, I've tried them all and use some of them!
But if you do have to rehome your lovely dogs I can also say that the doodle trust will look after them very well and, having been involved in rehoming of doodles in very similar circumstances to your own, can vouch for how well the doodles get along!
Good luck to you allxxx
Ei, Molly and Saffie

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 18 Oct 2014, 22:04

Hi v09c,

I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be for you to have to give up your doodles - but your son's health must come first. I too would recommend the Doodle Trust for your girl. They care so very much for their charges... and I know someone who has fostered a dood who has since been re-homed, and a family who has taken a dood in from a fosterer. I can only say that both doodles couldn't have been in better, and more loving hands. Molly has joined an older sister and her family are wonderful people who love her to bits... we see them regularly at Doodle Meets.

You can be absolutely certain that the Trust will make every check; that your girl will be well cared for and, when her new family is found, totally loved. They have people on a waiting list wanting to give good and loving homes to doodles in need, like your girl. Please consider this option for her. If I was ever in the awful situation where I had to re-home my boy, I would have no hesitation in letting them care for him. I know they will do their utmost for her.

Wishing you all the very best, and hoping that your son's health will improve soon -

Anne & Ianto xx

Alfitil

Post by Alfitil » 18 Oct 2014, 22:56

Please Please consider the Doodle trust, I am one of many volunteers and know just how much effort love and care goes into finding the right foster home, all charges live side by side with loving families and every home is vetted, as are the possible adopters and if the home is not good enough for the doodle they stay with the fosterers till the right home and family are eventually found, this must be heartbreaking for you and your family and I sincerely wish you all the love and best wishes.

Bid

Post by Bid » 18 Oct 2014, 23:47

So sorry you are in this situation - it really must be breaking your hearts :( I can see where you are coming from - I too would need to know where my doodles were and who was caring for them were I in your situation. I hope you find someone to care for Jenny - she sounds like a sweetheart.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

scooby Dood

Post by scooby Dood » 19 Oct 2014, 08:27

We cannot imagine how heartbroken you must feel! The three of us are thinking of you and we are here to support you as best we can!
Scooby Dood, Andrea & Kerry

Bren

Post by Bren » 19 Oct 2014, 09:11

I feel for you as so does everyone on the site. Nobody can imagine what you must be going threw unless they have been there. We do hope you manage to find lovely homes for your dogs as we are sure you will. Your son must come first. I agree the Labradoodle trust are fantastic and do a great job.
Do let us know how you get on. I do hope your son will be ok and wish you all well.

Bee Ziggy & Bowie x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 19 Oct 2014, 09:23

my heart breaks for you and your family.

Doodle Trust is there to help Doods and Families alike, so please as people have said put your faith in the Trust.

Good luck and I wish you all well.
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Diane Jane

Post by Diane Jane » 20 Oct 2014, 15:35

Hello - so sorry to hear about your predicament. I have registered with the Doodle Trust with a view to adoption and have just sent you a private message regarding possibly re-homing Jenny. My best wishes to you and your family. DJx

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 20 Oct 2014, 22:14

v09c,

I'm sure you've already seen this 'Sticky' in the Rehoming section, if not I would strongly advise you to check it out before making a decision about privately re-homing any of your doodles -

http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... 11&t=14636

With all best wishes,
Anne & Ianto xx

Edited to add: the Facebook pages are now called Doodle Trust rather than Labradoodle Trust...

Diane Jane

Post by Diane Jane » 01 Nov 2014, 16:55

Good News. We have just adopted Jenny after her family came to visit us - it was love at first sight for us. She is a truly beautiful dog with a fantastic temperament from a lovely, loving family. My doodle, Farleigh has taken to her very well and we feel so blessed to have found her. I hope this is a happy ending to a very upsetting story - she will certainly be cherished forever by us. We are hoping to keep in touch with her first family so they can see how she is doing. Will try to post a picture when I learn how to. Diane.

Bid

Post by Bid » 01 Nov 2014, 18:20

So good to hear Jenny has found a new loving home - thank you for coming on here to update us :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron