ANOTHER DOODLE NEEDING NEW HOME ! CUMBRIA

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Oct 2006, 13:13

Sharon wrote:
Once again I will repeat myself LOL .... no-one is saying the negatives are not important !

hehehe ill repeat it 2 then maybe it will be understood

bek

Post by bek » 18 Oct 2006, 13:22

so why are you still going on. there are usually more negatives when owning a puppy

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Oct 2006, 13:34

bek wrote:so why are you still going on. there are usually more negatives when owning a puppy
:roll: I give up , I have tried.

Puppies can be a handful but I can't say I agree that there are more negatives to owning one .... but maybe we all look at things in a different way.

Carole Elliott

Post by Carole Elliott » 18 Oct 2006, 13:52

bek wrote:so why are you still going on. there are usually more negatives when owning a puppy
I don’t believe (correct me if I'm wrong, its just from my view point) that they are necessarily talking about the negatives of owning a puppy nor are Sharon and itsmeisitu2 being negative towards rehoming at all. Rather it’s the overall negative view of Labradoodles as a breed (cross,whatever) in nearly every section of this forum mostly by others that don’t even own or breed them.

The health advise is wonderful!! But some attitudes come across as real “pedigree snobbery” at times!

Again this is just my opinion, others probably will see it in a totally different light. :D

Ps I dont want to cause any fights, I'm a lover not a hater :lol: Going to do something POSITIVE now and go play with our boy! :D
Kind Regards x

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 18 Oct 2006, 14:01

Carole Elliott wrote:
I don’t believe (correct me if I'm wrong, its just from my view point) that they are necessarily talking about the negatives of owning a puppy nor are Sharon and itsmeisitu2 being negative towards rehoming at all. Rather it’s the overall negative view of Labradoodles as a breed (cross,whatever) in nearly every section of this forum mostly by others that don’t even own or breed them.

The health advise is wonderful!! But some attitudes come across as real “pedigree snobbery”!

Again this is just my opinion, others probably will see it in a totally different light. :D
*takes coat off again* :lol: at last someone who sees the point here, thank you. There is some hope ! 8)

Barb

Post by Barb » 18 Oct 2006, 14:10

I think negativity is not quite the word for this.

People rarely report the happy times but there are always people who have problems, and this is the sort of place they look for help and advice. There are many happy topics on this forum such as MESS meetings, lovely tales of new puppies and silly things that doodles do, but people asking for advice will always attract more posts as everyone wants to help them.

From what I can see, we are all dog lovers and only wants to have happy, healthy pets. I don't think its anything to do with "pedigree snobbery". We are all passionate about the breed we love. We should all be working together, not bitching about each others breeds. That doesn't get anybody anywhere.

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 18 Oct 2006, 14:16

Carole Elliott wrote:

The health advise is wonderful!! But some attitudes come across as real “pedigree snobbery” at times!

Ps I dont want to cause any fights, I'm a lover not a hater :lol: Going to do something POSITIVE now and go play with our boy! :D

Thank god someone understands ... Thanks CAROLE XX

bek

Post by bek » 18 Oct 2006, 14:18

i didnt think there were any negatives to the rehoming of doodles this started about the negatives of the breed and putting of prospective new doodle owners with all the negatives posted with regards to adverts on epupz so i thought. as i see it at the moment there are more negatives with regards to doodles not as the dog its self but the lies and misinformation being givin by some so call breeders so till all this is sorted it will carry on this way i belive ther are more bad breeders then good at the moment and i can see that you are all trying to change this and that is excellent but i belive it is better to put all the bad points out there first (to new owners) then if they still want to continue with regard to actually getting the puppy they will have all information and then i feel they are less likley to give up at the first hurdle.

please dont think i am being a pedigree snob because i m like you i breed white german shepherds so i am to looked down upon from many show breeders for breeding a dog that does not conform to breed standard