Beautiful F1 Choc Boy Needs New Home

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
mabelscruff

Post by mabelscruff » 10 Nov 2006, 15:59

Kimyjane

Really hope all goes well for you and your family, am keeping my fingers crossed that Harley is able to stay with your father, that sounds a super solution for your sons.

Best of luck. XX :D
Mabel's Mum

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 10 Nov 2006, 19:26

Desperately hope things go well between your father and Harley! It would be the perfect solution. My heart goes out to your boys - I know what my children would be like losing a dog - it would be great if they could still be a part of each others lives. Pleased to hear your husband is on the mend. Fingers crossed things work out well. Katie x

tarquin

Post by tarquin » 10 Nov 2006, 20:28

Great news kimyjane that hubby is on the mend,hopefully he is back home now as i type :D
Fingers ,legs ,eyes all crossed for you,I will be praying that Harley & your Dad hit it off...that would be the perfect solution
Wishing you all well
take care
2 doods r better than 1

abloomer

Post by abloomer » 13 Nov 2006, 14:55

Hi all,

I know Kimy Jane said that they had decided to keep Harley, but over the weekend we received a call from her stating that they had decided after all that it would be neither fair on her Dad, husband or Harley for him to remain.

Therefore yesterday morning my parents went to essex and picked up the wonderful pooch that is Harley. I rushed from Birmingham to Milton Keynes to be there when he arrived home, and I have to say he is fabulous. Full of energy, character and personality.

He and my Boxer puppy Bella (6months) got on really well, it was as much as we could do to stop them hairing around the lounge at top speed.

Rest assured Harley has gone to a loving home where he will be treated as one of the family.

My thoughts are with KimyJane and her family, I know it must have been such a hard decision to make.

Andy

donz

Post by donz » 13 Nov 2006, 15:12

oh poor Kimyjane and family - I can imagine her boys are heartbroken as is she.

Glad to hear Harley is happy though and having lots and lots of fun!!!

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 13 Nov 2006, 21:14

Sounds like Harley has gone to a lovely home. He looks a super dog- I'm sure your parents must be thrilled with him. My heart goes out to Kimyjane and her family. Please keep us up to date with how he's getting on.Good luck!

eleanor

Post by eleanor » 14 Nov 2006, 15:25

I'm very glad to hear this has ended well for dog and family alike, but I share the comments made by other breeders regarding the selling of F1s or other labradoodles to people with severe dog allergies. When my own F1 litter was for sale last year, I was astonished at the number of asthma sufferers who contacted me - and I turned them all down on the phone. Not only is watching people play with my puppies in order to see whether they make them sneeze hardly my idea of a fun-filled afternoon, but the fact that a puppy does not trigger an allergic reaction in someone is no guarantee that the same dog as an adult will not. The coat of any breed goes through several changes during different life stages - and it may change again if the dog is neutered - so the puppy test is a waste of time. My advice to all allergy sufferers is the same: contact a breeder of one of the non-shedding purebred dogs, then go and mingle with animals of various ages at the breeder's kennel. If none of these dogs triggers an allergic reaction after an hour or so of close contact, then buying a pup of that breed is probably a safe bet. Crossbreeds are a bad choice, in my opinion, to anyone with a dog allergy, since coat characteristics will vary from one individual to another and it is never possible to guarantee the final outcome. Labradoodles are an engaging cross with many great characteristics, but as the pet-of-choice for people with allergies they are are very poor selection, in my view. Even multi-generational doodles will not come with the same sort of coat certainty that attaches to a purebred dog. The Kennel Club will advise on non-shedding breeds and can supply lists of breeders on request.

Sue SP

Harley

Post by Sue SP » 15 Nov 2006, 00:21

Harley sounds beautiful, we have just lost our 16 and a half year old labrador/terrier cross and we miss her very much. We have a beautiful yellow lab called Mini who is lost without her mate. We may be able to find Harley a loving home if someone hasn't already fallen in love with him. We live in the country, work from home and have lots of space for dogs to play in.
You can call us anytime if you wish
Sue & Gary

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 15 Nov 2006, 10:08

Thank you Eleanor for your comments.
I am always happy to allergy test buyers with my poodles who enjoy meeting people anyway and I will do this whether I have puppies to sell or not. For somebody with mild allergies, the regime is as follows. The allergy sufferer is welcomed into a room with no dogs and settled down, if there is no reaction to the presence of the poodles in the home, then one, and then another, sensible adult is brought in and left with us while we chat for 30 minutes or so, they are removed and the silly youngsters who will jump all over you race into the room and are their usual exuberant friendly selves. Only after there is no reaction, would I get a dog to lick the person and have very close contact and preferably a good cuddle.
For somebody with dangerous allergies the person must have their medication at hand and the initial meeting with an older dog will be outside the house.
As many people with severe allergies have little experience of animals it is common to advise them to look for a smaller breed as they may lack confidence with such big dogs.
This is as safe a procedure as I can make it as I have no other pets and there has never been any unfortunate reaction but I am prepared for it.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Sue SP

Post by Sue SP » 15 Nov 2006, 10:15

Kimyjane
We're really pleased that Harley has found a good home. You have made us realise that we definitely do want to replace our Tasha and with a Doodle. Could anyone advise of any that may be available anywhere in the midlands as opposed to the North or south please.

Sue

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 15 Nov 2006, 11:34

So glad a great new home has been found ...

Must say I did feel concerned about him going to kimyjane's fathers, since what if her hubby wanted to visit his father-in-law ?! :?

No matter what the situation, a person's health has to be everyone's priority .... dogs, especially pups, adapt very quickly to new people/surroundings.

Hope all goes well !

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 16 Nov 2006, 12:28

Kimyjane, I'm so sorry that you have had to rehome Harley and that your husband has been so poorly, it must have been a really traumatic time for you and your family. :cry: :cry:

I am delighted to read that Harley has found a loving home, but appreciate the awful dilema you must have faced over this.

Best wishes to you and your family.

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 16 Nov 2006, 15:34

Oh poor you. Only just read this thread and like many others, am all teary. Kimyjane, you may well be able to have another dog one day - maybe a poodle. Just hope that your poor hubby is feeling better. My besy friend's daughter (she is 32) has just had very bad asthma attack and so I know how devastating it can be - they have cats.

Lots and lots of love.
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

eleanor

Post by eleanor » 16 Nov 2006, 16:00

People who're allergic to cats may well find the Ragdoll to be a suitable pet. I bought mine 11 years ago, after spending time mixing with adult cats and kittens at a breeder's home, and I've never had any allergic reaction to her, although she certainly isn't non-shedding - long, silky tendrils hang from all my lampshades and curtains. Ragdolls are also a very loving and rather "innocent" breed, with no interest in hunting, fighting or wandering. Thoroughly recommended!

Elendili

Post by Elendili » 22 Nov 2006, 11:32

I am sorry to have heard of your problem :( and I hope everything works out find for you. I hope your Husbands is well on the way to recovery. and I'm soooooooooosorry that I didnt know about the forum till today.
Harvey would have been perfect for us. Exactly what we have been looking for. For Ages.