7 Week Honey Labradoodle Bitch needs a home

Please use this section for listing details of any dogs that need rehoming. This area is not for posting details of litters/puppies - any such adverts will be removed.
eliritch

7 Week Honey Labradoodle Bitch needs a home

Post by eliritch » 20 Nov 2006, 20:09

Hi - I have a lovely couple on my list for my next litter who have bought two labradoodles from a place in Burnley. Initially they wanted only one and when they saw them they were in the house with mum - albeit she was tied up!!!!!

They visited twice more and on the second visit were picking up their blond pup - but the honey coloured was left and the conditions were disgusting to say the least - they were riddled with worms and went home with the runs etc but they have put these right at the vets and are now looking to re-home the honey coloured bitch - please anyone who can give a home to his poor little mite get in touch and I will give you more details etc.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 20 Nov 2006, 20:45

Getting these breeders prosecuted might be more to the point, they will do the same again because people pity the poor pups and buy them. Its so sad.
I do hope the wee mite gets a brilliant home though.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

sarah

Post by sarah » 20 Nov 2006, 21:03

Must of been brought home very early if they've had time to sort out its problems and yet its still only 7 weeks old?

Why are they getting rid of this one, but are on the list for ANOTHER puppy instead of giving the two they already have a good home???

eliritch

Post by eliritch » 20 Nov 2006, 22:21

Sorry worded that wrong Sarah - they were on my list for a puppy but found this one before my two breed again! Think people just want a puppy and go with the flow so to speak - they have waited for over a year with another breeder and now I won't be having a litter till next Spring so I suppose they have done the usual and found one in the interim. I will try and post the pics they have sent me.

I agree Carole they should be prosecuted - evidently it's a place near Burnley - big house with a small farm and by the sound of it the pups were in the house the first time they called - conveniently! After that my understanding is they were kept out in outbuildings and the conditions degenerated towards the end. DISGUSTING - my pups were in the house - kitchen actually and went in the garden during the long hot Summer when we went out there but only in the latter stages.

Elektra

Post by Elektra » 20 Nov 2006, 22:26

How dreadful,

Where was this place I got one of mine from a place near Burnley which had a big house and a small farm, the pups were also in the house when I called, I hope it wasn't the same place, I would hate to be helping them out.

He is a happy and well adjusted boy now but would not like to think he was poorly cared for as a pup :(

susiegill

Post by susiegill » 21 Nov 2006, 09:18

That is just awful!

Puppies should not be leaving for their new homes riddled with worms, runs etc! It's disgusting.

I would say to anyone, as has already been said on this site many times, if you are not happpy with what you see when you visit these puppies - then walk away. You are under no obligation to buy from these people. It is so easy to feel sorry for the pups, but they should not be in this condition.
Susan, Rosie & Molly
http://www.susiedoodles.piczo.com
DON'T TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER!

jelly

pups

Post by jelly » 21 Nov 2006, 10:18

Hi i feel very sorry for these little pups and i do hope they get a great home
but its easy to say just walk away but when your there and see them in that state you cant just walk away ive been there done it recently with a lab and dane although they wasnt puppies i couldnt bare to leave them there thinking no one else would have them being beaten staved locked up 24/7 and in the end either being dumped and get hit by a car or never found or being put to sleep sorry but iam not one who would leave them

Elektra

Post by Elektra » 21 Nov 2006, 10:35

I understand how you feel and I myself have rescued a Heinz 57 from some fairground people who were beating it, I wouldn't however do this for puppies that are being sold as it encourages the 'breeder' (and I use that term loosely) to continue with this treatment as it boosts the sales. I know it is hard but a simple call to the RSPCA and a follow up call will ensure the pups will find a good home and the 'breeder?!?' prosecuted.

susiegill

Post by susiegill » 21 Nov 2006, 10:36

Oh I agree Jelly

It must be very hard to walk away, don't get me wrong I'm not heartless. However I would be inclined to report such people and hope tht something could be done about it.
Susan, Rosie & Molly
http://www.susiedoodles.piczo.com
DON'T TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER!

jelly

pups

Post by jelly » 21 Nov 2006, 11:08

Hi i agree you should do this but its just not that easy the rspca i have to say are useless they don't do anything not even a follow up call i know alot of people who report things to them but there not interested me included

Elektra

Post by Elektra » 21 Nov 2006, 11:16

I think some of it has to do with the area you live and how effective they are within the area. Its a shame that they get away with so much.

conistondoodles

Post by conistondoodles » 21 Nov 2006, 11:39

I agree the RSPCA are as good as useless. I rescued a 3 yr old Arab Stallion a few years ago , he would have been dead within days .I called the RSPCA who said they would come to see him , well about two weeks later they did by that time i had fed him well and he looked a lot better , still not good but a whole lot better than he did. When they finally came they told me that I should not have fed or watered him so they could have seen and taken pictures of him in his appalling state. I was furious this poor animal would have been dead. The worst thing was the woman that owned him was well known to them for her abuse to horses and dogs but as I believe was never prosecuted. I dont know what the answer is but it makes me feel sick inside when people abuse animals when all they ask for is love and food and offer so much in return. I know what I would like to do to them.
Sorry for ranting but it make me really mad!

eliritch

Elle the Pup Needs a Home

Post by eliritch » 21 Nov 2006, 12:23

Right folks back to the matter in hand a puppy needing a home - I've rung round everyone on my waiting list to no avail - I have one lady adamant only chocolate - even though I've told her my girls and the studs I use or intend to use won't produce one! (Sue will know who I mean)! :oops:

Here's a couple of pics of the little mite and let's hope something good comes for her in the long run.Image

chelsea

Post by chelsea » 21 Nov 2006, 12:30

What a stunner :D It looks like she is going to be fluffy too. I hope she finds a great home very soon - with looks like that I'm sure it won't be too long before someone snaps her up :P

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 21 Nov 2006, 12:36

Isn't she absolutely gorgeous :D :D
I really hope she will have a home before xmas, will ask around too :D