page dog???:-)

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Rhonk

page dog???:-)

Post by Rhonk » 02 Jan 2010, 13:31

Bonzo may have an important job in the summer because.... i'm getting married - WOO HOO!!!! Finally my boyfriend of 12 (and a bit) years proposed on new years eve so it's full speed ahead as we'd like to get hitched in the summer. Hooray!!!! :D :D :D :D Bonzo the page dog.... maybe if i stick some treats to the end of my dress he would follow perfectly!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1877debbie

Re: page dog???:-)

Post by 1877debbie » 02 Jan 2010, 13:36

Congratulations, I think Bonzo would look very handsome as a page dog! xx
Debbie & Hendrix

Bid

Post by Bid » 02 Jan 2010, 13:43

Yay !!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Bonzo will look great as a page dog!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 02 Jan 2010, 13:56

What fantastic news :P . ABout time too BF :roll: 12 years - wanted to be sure about it then? :lol: :lol:

Do you really want to walk up the aisle smelling of Liver cake, with Bonzo leaping and bounding after and over you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cute ribbon on neck practice every day from now on then :lol: :lol: Yeah, right :lol: :lol:

Total humilation coming up Bonzo - this is time for Mum to get her revenge for all those naughty Doodle antics you have been up to :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 02 Jan 2010, 14:22

Another thought - perhaps he could be the ring bearer instead :P if he doesn't swallow it :lol:

You could train him to carry a little flower basket in his mouth and put the ring on a cushion in it (firmly fixed of course) and get your Mum to send him up the aisle at the right moment.

Very Big awwww factor there. :P

Of course we not only expect loads of photos, we want to come - a Doodle guard of honour as you process out of the church - all standing on two legs (after treats) :lol: :lol: Now there's a thought :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not had a Doodle themed wedding on here yet :wink:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 02 Jan 2010, 15:29

Congratulations, Rhona. I am sure Bonzo will play whatever part required of him beautifully :)

Katherine
ImageImage

Rhonk

Post by Rhonk » 02 Jan 2010, 16:18

MrsAdmin wrote:Another thought - perhaps he could be the ring bearer instead :P if he doesn't swallow it :lol:
my friends suggested that.... i think he may just launch himself at me when called.... he would need to start practising straight away!!!
MrsAdmin wrote:Of course we not only expect loads of photos, we want to come - a Doodle guard of honour as you process out of the church - all standing on two legs (after treats) :lol: :lol: Now there's a thought :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not had a Doodle themed wedding on here yet :wink:
I love that idea - a doodle guard of honour would be fab!!!! Slight chaos maybe but even so..!

I would love Bonzo to be there for a little bit - he is completely part of the family..... but he better not steal my limelight.... early days in planning but any thoughts are welcome!

Bid

Post by Bid » 02 Jan 2010, 17:19

When I got married many moons ago, my lovely Ben played a big part in the preparations(i.e. helped the guests with their pre-wedding lunch), and the photographer came to the house beforehand to take his photo, but I was outvoted and he didn't actually make it to the wedding even though he wore his best ribbon - his hairs were there though - all over my dress :lol: :lol: :lol:

THis is a bit blurry as it's a photo of a photo, but you get the idea - large muddy paw on dress :roll:

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 02 Jan 2010, 17:58

Woo hoo - Congratulations Rhona !!

I organised my wedding in 10 months and that was hard enough - good luck !
Get everyone you know on board and get in early with your dress order.

So exciting...................... :D :D

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

jasperaliceuk

Post by jasperaliceuk » 02 Jan 2010, 18:17

Yay - congratulations Rhona.

Sue

Check out Milo's tricks on http://www.youtube.com/jasperaliceuk

annabanana

Post by annabanana » 02 Jan 2010, 19:53

Yippee for you! Congratulations and I'm sure Bonzo will be wanting to invite his sister to sit in church with him!!!!!!! Oh dear could you imagine.....................

linny

Post by linny » 02 Jan 2010, 20:12

Aaaww Congratulations Rhona.... lovely new year news :D
The best wedding I have ever been to was my friend Sarah's and her wedding service reflected her love for her animals.
Her three Collies were at the church (not inside)suitably dressed with floral collars and we waited outside with the bride and grooms horses also decked in flowers.
After the service the bride kicked off her shoes , was given a leg up and they both rode through Brixham..it was the loveliest wedding I have ever attended.
A Doodle guard of honour sounds fun. :lol:

KateW

Post by KateW » 02 Jan 2010, 20:46

Bid wrote:When I got married many moons ago, my lovely Ben played a big part in the preparations(i.e. helped the guests with their pre-wedding lunch), and the photographer came to the house beforehand to take his photo, but I was outvoted and he didn't actually make it to the wedding even though he wore his best ribbon - his hairs were there though - all over my dress :lol: :lol: :lol:

THis is a bit blurry as it's a photo of a photo, but you get the idea - large muddy paw on dress :roll:

I love this photo, Bid.

Well, we met at the end of June, Tim returned to England on August, I came home in October and we decided to marry in November.....We are still married many years later :lol:

I haven't been to a wedding where the dogs were part of the ceremony (although we were at a funeral recently where the dog was in the front pew and howled periodically which was very distressing :cry: ) but I think it would be lovely for them to be part of the day. Personally I think the nicest weddings are the less conventional ones and I am appalled by people spending vast sums of money....We went to a lovely one last year where we ate Cornish pasties (vegetarian as well) and drank champagne, watched fireworks and we had a lot more fun than the very smart one we went to a month earlier.....

Katherine
ImageImage

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 02 Jan 2010, 23:35

Hi

Congratulations, what a wonderful start to the New Year.
I think your dog should play a part in your wedding after all they are part of the family and i am all for being a bit different. Over the years and going to many weddings the the ones that are unconventual are the ones that stick in your memory.

Have fun planning it

Happy New Year

Madeleine

ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 02 Jan 2010, 23:44

I quite agree. Our wedding was in a little old village church in Dorset. I walked to the church through the gardens of the house next door and we had the reception, food made ourselves, in the village hall. Everyone still talks about our 'country wedding'.

My brother had a winter wedding at a modern chapel, where my three year old daughter and her two little cousins had to be restrained from unplugging the organist and wreaking havoc when they discovered the drum set at the side :roll:

Then she escaped from our grasp, wandered out whilst the vicar was giving his sermon, pushed the two kneelers together, sat and waved to the congregation, whilst picking her nose, and then cuddled up to have a nap. Everyone was in hysterics :lol: :lol: . At that point Hubbie's nerve cracked and he swooped to carry her out. Somewhere my brother has a video of her starring moments :lol:

Then the happy theme continued when he organised Father Christmas to come and give presents to all the children and oldest guests :P .

It's about the promises the Bride and Groom make to each other that matters, not how much is spent or how posh the hats. The more informal the better I say. :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage