Facebook and me; an apology...........

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
KateW

Facebook and me; an apology...........

Post by KateW » 12 Feb 2010, 17:54

I have had lots of lovely messages on my Facebook wall in the last couple of days; obviously would normally respond to them on there but would just like to thank people very much for their thoughts and to explain that everytime I go on to Facebook my computer crashes :evil: :roll: Nobody seems to know why this should be; if anybody here has had a similar experience I would love to know about it.....

In the meantime, I am going to try to connect another laptop to my router system as soon as I feel able to cope with the challenge :lol: Presumably this will resolve the problem :?

Katherine
ImageImage

Bid

Re: Facebook and me; an apology...........

Post by Bid » 12 Feb 2010, 18:14

Blimmin computers!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

1877debbie

Post by 1877debbie » 12 Feb 2010, 18:16

I've had this happen a few times, it's lasted a few days and then gone back to normal. I put it donw to a problem with facebook rather than my laptop. Hope it is fixed soon, soooooooooooooo frustrating x
Debbie & Hendrix

claireand?

Post by claireand? » 12 Feb 2010, 18:51

Yeah, i've had that too, really frustrating when it happens and you just can't do anything on Facebook at all. Seems to remedy itself tho, definitely Facebook rather than your laptop i'd say.
Olly

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 12 Feb 2010, 18:55

I've hear that FB has been having an "upgrade" which has messed up a load of things - lots of grumbles going on.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

wheezie

Post by wheezie » 12 Feb 2010, 23:27

I've stopped trying to go on Facebook, it slows my computer up to near standstill. If I need to get a message to someone I'll phone, it's easier!

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 12 Feb 2010, 23:44

It's been ok for me although I couldn't get any internet this morning and nearly had a breakdown!! Do you think I have an addiction?!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dave.bradley

Post by dave.bradley » 13 Feb 2010, 11:10

Buy a Mac :lol:
Dave & Julie & Teddy !

KateW

Post by KateW » 13 Feb 2010, 11:38

Well I am glad it is not just me having problems; this has been going on for quite some time and I find it embarrassing not to be able to reply to people :oops:

Will see if a different laptop makes any difference although sadly, Dave, it will not be a Mac ( have just seen a beautiful Mac, owned b one of our guests 8) )

Katherine
ImageImage

dave.bradley

Post by dave.bradley » 13 Feb 2010, 15:42

Most problems with windows , crashing , running slow etc are caused by Norton anti virus :shock: must be the worst thing you can have installed on a pc/laptop ! if anyone is having problems and has Norton installed, get rid off sharply and see how much quicker your computer is :wink: ( there are plenty of free anti virus software,AVG etc to replace Norton )
Dave & Julie & Teddy !

KateW

Post by KateW » 13 Feb 2010, 18:04

dave.bradley wrote:Most problems with windows , crashing , running slow etc are caused by Norton anti virus :shock: must be the worst thing you can have installed on a pc/laptop ! if anyone is having problems and has Norton installed, get rid off sharply and see how much quicker your computer is :wink: ( there are plenty of free anti virus software,AVG etc to replace Norton )
I have Norton :shock: :evil:

Katherine
ImageImage

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 25 Feb 2010, 06:57

Could it be your internet connection speed - check it with you ISP, I just switched mine coz it was total pants, and all seems to be well now.

Good luck.

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 25 Feb 2010, 10:42

I don't use windows, it does too many things you haven't asked it to. I use Firefox and have very few problems on FB. Google Chrome is what we have on the laptop and that's great.
Hope you can get something sorted, Katherine. Would be lovely to chat to you over there. :D
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Bid

Post by Bid » 25 Feb 2010, 16:25

Hel&Mark wrote:I don't use windows,
DO you use a mac too then Helen? It's something I've been thinking about switching to, but I have a lot of software I use and don't want to have to find substitutes for it all.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 25 Feb 2010, 17:10

I love macs they are so much more user friendly than pc's - windows pinched the interface but it is never as good as a mac. I use to work on them for about 5 years before I gave up to have the sprogs, wish I had one now but I do need the 2 mouse buttons for certain things I do online so will have to muddle through in the pc world unfortunately.