Guinea Pig needs a new home ASAP

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Florrie!

Guinea Pig needs a new home ASAP

Post by Florrie! » 08 Aug 2011, 20:44

Totally un-doodle related but we have an 8 month old, un neutered male guinea pig who is available to a good home.
We have 7 male guinea's in 2 separate hutches (3 and 4) but Freddie is very dominant and has bullied our blind guinea pig in one hutch so we moved him into the other hutch and the 3 in there attacked him as he tried to be in charge.
We have tried all sorts of combinations with them all, but nothing has worked and he always tries to be the dominant one.
All our other guinea's get on fine so we have nowhere to put poor Freddie and we have spoken to our vet who thinks he may be better off being neutered and put with females as they don't like living alone and are very social animals.
Freddie is fine being handled and has crazy hair and has lovely markings. Freddie has been an indoor guinea pig all his life so we would prefer that he goes to somone who would also keep him indoors.
If you are interested please let me know ASAP
Thanks
Tasha

Florrie Lorrie

JeanG

Re: Guinea Pig needs a new home ASAP

Post by JeanG » 08 Aug 2011, 22:50

Just another possibility - Freddie may also be fine living with a rabbit. We had guineas when the children were small. When one died we got a rescue rabbit to keep the other one company, it worked fine. :D
Jean & Bella xxx

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 08 Aug 2011, 23:12

Hi,

Maybe you could post this on the gunea pig forum, I belong to this and their maybe someone on there that can give him a home.

I wouldn't recommend housing him with a rabbit as they have different diets and a rabbit can injure or kill a guinea pig:(

brucey doodle

Post by brucey doodle » 08 Aug 2011, 23:33

Love Freddie he's so cute nice to know there's other guineapig lovers on this forum I'd take freddie no problem but I'm from Chester .
Keep your fingers crossed for my little pig sooty she's having an opperation tomorrow on her teeth really nervous as putting pigs under is a big risk but the vet wants to give it a go her sister sweep will be lost if anything goes wrong so keep everything crossed tomorrow

Emma and Bruce
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 09 Aug 2011, 05:45

You are not alone. I love piggies :P

Sadly we can no longer have them because I suspect Jack would certainly see them as prey and kill them, and Becky would probably join in :cry:

I hope you can find a good home for Freddie and that Sooty comes through her tooth op OK.

I really miss our three, long gone to the Bridge. May they be nibbling carrots, celery and squeaking there happily.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

The Turners

Post by The Turners » 09 Aug 2011, 16:27

Hope your guinea finds a new home :) , I had two when I was young Frisky and then frisky 2 (I wasn’t that original with names) and I adored them. But I don’t think Curly Wurly would be a Guinea friend :roll: , wishing you well for sooty’s operation
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

Florrie!

Post by Florrie! » 09 Aug 2011, 20:22

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your comments. Fortunately I have managed to rehome Freddie with a colleague of mine, so hopefully he will get on better with her than with us as she has females and they are going to get him neutered :D

I hope Sooty's op went well let us know how it all went.

Thanks
Tasha

Florrie Lorrie