Toy boxes

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
brucey doodle

Toy boxes

Post by brucey doodle » 18 Aug 2011, 18:04

Completely random question but does anyone know where I can buy some sort of mechanism for a solid pine toy box to stop it slamming on a child's hand I have got one that slows the drop slightly but does anyone know of a good quality one I good get any where thanks in advance
Emma and Bruce
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Ellen.H

Re: Toy boxes

Post by Ellen.H » 18 Aug 2011, 18:41

Hi Emma
We looked for the same thing when our daughter was teeny but couldn't find anything that worked, in the end we took the lid off at the hinges and put it in the attic until she was older, she is 5 now and we still use the toy box for our youngest's toys. The lid never did get fixed back on........note to self, go into attic and throw lid away!

Good Luck.
Ellen & Barney

Bid

Post by Bid » 18 Aug 2011, 19:43

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

john ford

Post by john ford » 18 Aug 2011, 19:54

couldnt you glue some sponge onto it to stop it droping down .

Leah

Post by Leah » 18 Aug 2011, 20:02

We cut a normal rubber door-stop down to just wider than little finger size and screwed it onto the inside, works a treat (did have a few nipped fingers/screaming fusses before we thought of it!)

Leah

brucey doodle

Post by brucey doodle » 18 Aug 2011, 20:37

Cheers guys I might try the rubber door stop if not I might take the lid off thanks again. Any more ideas would be great
Emma and Bruce
Emma and Bruce
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

susieQ

Post by susieQ » 19 Aug 2011, 09:29

My hubbie made a lovely toy box for our daughter with some brilliant soft close hinges - he got them from http://www.sugatsune.co.uk - they are called soft close stays, no. HDS20 (various types) - they aren't cheap, but they do work really well. He has an order for another one for our son's expected baby in December :D
Sue and Rosie