OT A very bad month.

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
MandyG

OT A very bad month.

Post by MandyG » 24 Dec 2013, 00:35

I somehow feel that, although I haven't met many of you, you are all my friends. This has been a very bad month for me. First I was made redundant a couple of weeks ago, and today my best friend of 50 years died.

Liz had been fighting an auto immune disease called mycenia gravis for a long time. About seven or eight years ago she developed cancer as a result. A few weeks ago she got another auto immune disease, polymyolitis which was severe inflammation of the muscles. She'd been in hospital for a couple of weeks but in the end it was all too much for her body to bear and she had a heart attack this morning and died. She was 58.

Her son, my godson, Jacques, is only 23 and I am so worried about him. Liz was also my niece's aunt (my sister and her brother got together for five minutes!) so she was like my sister in more ways than one.

I am heart broken and have been crying all day. Phoebe has been wonderful giving me cuddles and licks and staying close to me. I don't know what I would have done without her.

Think of the people you love and hold them close this Christmas, you never know how long you'll have them.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

MrsAdmin

Re: OT A very bad month.

Post by MrsAdmin » 24 Dec 2013, 00:41

So sorry to hear about your friend :cry:

I have friends who went to primary school with me, and am the same age as you and your friend. Although we rarely get the chnce to meet up I hold them dear to my heart.

Try to remember the wonderful times you shared together as those memories are her legacy to you.

Our Doodles are a great comfort in times of sadness. They just know when we need extra loving.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 24 Dec 2013, 01:04

Oh, that is so terribly sad - I'm so sorry to hear this, Mandy. 58 is too young to die.

There is really not a lot to say for comfort - except that you must have many happy memories, and she must have known how much you loved her.

Sending you a hug from me and Lola, and best wishes and hopes for her son and family.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

linny

Post by linny » 24 Dec 2013, 01:20

:( :( Feel for you Mandy,...... sending a BIG hug.

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 24 Dec 2013, 08:23

I am so sorry to hear your news but I read this "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

I know words cannot make anything better but our thoughts are with you at this time

xxx
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 24 Dec 2013, 08:39

Thats so sad, thinking of you at this sad time.
ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 24 Dec 2013, 09:00

Such horrible news for you on top of being made redundant. It never rains but it pours doesn't it Mandy :cry: .

My thoughts are with you as you try and get through the next few days where everyone is expected to be happy and cheerful, sometimes circumstances just make that impossible. I hope that you and your godson can help to comfort each other and will be able to support each other through the worst of this. Take care xx

casa42

Post by casa42 » 24 Dec 2013, 11:11

So sorry to hear your news, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you x
Cate and Coco

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 24 Dec 2013, 12:40

How very sad for you all
Gentle doodle licks from the girls
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gracie's mums

Post by Gracie's mums » 24 Dec 2013, 13:02

Sending you so much love and energy at this hard time Mandy. Like others say, no words are enough right now, but I truely believe the pain we feel when we loose someone is a measure of how much we loved them. Maybe she will find a way to let you know she is still with you all.

Hoomans hugs and doodle kisses heading your way

Xxxxx
Gracie, Becky and Laura

ImageImage

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 24 Dec 2013, 14:09

I sympathise we too have had a rough time. There is no pain like losing a loved one. Thinking of you xox
ImageImage

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 24 Dec 2013, 14:55

I am so sorry to read of your loss Mandy :(

What a good girl your gorgeous Phoebe is being :D :D

Take care xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

oakesr

Post by oakesr » 24 Dec 2013, 16:36

So sorry to hear your sad news Mandy, I hope you can find some comfort in the lifetime of memories you will have made with Liz. Hug your little dood tight; she will be a wonderful comfort to you and force you to get out and about, even though you won't feel like it.

Sending you lots of love xxx
Rachel & Roma

Masil

Post by Masil » 24 Dec 2013, 17:12

Mandy I am so sorry to hear about your friend Liz. Thinking of you and sending hugs to you and the lovely Phoebe xx

MandyG

Post by MandyG » 24 Dec 2013, 20:40

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts and wishes. Time will help but meanwhile doodle licks and cuddles are the best medicine.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy