Off on my hols (sort of)

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
julieju

Off on my hols (sort of)

Post by julieju » 20 Jan 2014, 00:30

After a really rubbish 2013, I decided a while ago that some time out would be a good idea so, after some thought, I booked onto a 5 day retreat - the time has come around quickly and off I go tomorrow :shock:. Ex OH is moving back in for the week :? to look after the boys and Aero.

Anyone ever done anything like this?? I did lots of research and have gone for what I hope is a well respected outfit... Lots of yoga, meditation, fancy treatments if you want them, counselling should you require it (yes please :lol: ) but the main deal is a juice detox. :shock:

I know it's not for everyone, but I'm up for trying anything once - the place I'm going to has had great reviews so I think I'm in safe hands - but 5 days of juice??? STARVING or wot??!! My friends are telling me to pack Mars bars and bottles of wine in the lining of my suitcase! :lol:

Surprisingly they have wifi on site, so I will be able to check in here to update on how loudly my stomach is rumbling... :lol:. Wish me luck... :?
Julie and Aero xx

Pollydoodle

Re: Off on my hols (sort of)

Post by Pollydoodle » 20 Jan 2014, 00:41

Good luck brave lady ! So soon after Christmas sugar rushes ,not sure I could cope with detox just yet !
Sounds fun and different . Go for it! 8)

(Wi-fi - I guess they don't allow takeaways to be delivered though:D Someone must have tried before you :wink: )

michala

Post by michala » 20 Jan 2014, 01:14

Ooh that sounds good, hope you feel refreshed by the end of the week!

elmo75

Post by elmo75 » 20 Jan 2014, 07:11

I'd love to do something like that! Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ellie & Bronte xx
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 20 Jan 2014, 07:54

me too - good luck it is something I have thought about but never done

Thats the sort of thing I call a holiday

Let us know how it goes
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 20 Jan 2014, 08:41

Oh blimey you are brave! :shock: take lots of loo roll :lol:

Seriously though, have a lovely time! See you when you get back! :D x
ImageImage

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 20 Jan 2014, 14:08

Sounds very relaxing and peaceful - enjoy!! xx
ImageImage

ImageImage

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 20 Jan 2014, 16:31

Julie, it sounds great, very therapeutic - a week full of time to stop and catch up with yourself. I would love to have a go.
Make the most of it!

Jo and Jasper
xxx

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 Jan 2014, 20:08

It sounds like a great idea - how about a daily blog telling us how it is going - just to satisfy all of us that wish we were going too! :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 20 Jan 2014, 20:17

Bid wrote:It sounds like a great idea - how about a daily blog telling us how it is going - just to satisfy all of us that wish we were going too! :D

Oh now that is a good idea,Bid ! :D What do you say Julie? :wink:

Daise1970

Post by Daise1970 » 20 Jan 2014, 21:53

Have a great time Julie xx I bet you will enjoy it more than you think!

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 20 Jan 2014, 23:00

Sorry you had a rubbish year Julie :| xx
Yes! A daily blog! But no-one must mention the F word
That's right... 'food' :lol:

Have a fabbie time
I bet you will feel brilliant when you get back

J xx
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alfieandlindsey

Post by Alfieandlindsey » 20 Jan 2014, 23:10

Awwww Julie it could be just what you need after such a rubbish year :(

Slightly concerned about the lack of alcohol and chocolate but maybe you could get into such a deep yoga trance that you just don't miss it.

Ooooo slightly worried about the yoga and juice diet. Beware of farts!!! :shock:

Blog please.......xxx

Lindsey and Alfie x

julieju

Post by julieju » 20 Jan 2014, 23:32

Pollydoodle wrote:
Bid wrote:It sounds like a great idea - how about a daily blog telling us how it is going - just to satisfy all of us that wish we were going too! :D

Oh now that is a good idea,Bid ! :D What do you say Julie? :wink:
Well if you insist! :lol: There are 14 of us ladies altogether here, everyone seems very nice. We had an intro chat and our first juice this afternoon, then this evening we watched an 'inspirational video' about detoxing and got something called electrolyte broth (which I think is basically the left over water from when you cook vegetables). I had a couple of bits of potato in the bottom of mine so I kept quiet about that and scoffed them :lol: .

If you really struggle you can request a raw snack pack, but they ask that you order it discreetly and eat it in your room so as not to make everyone else jealous! :lol:

I have got a bit of a headache already - apparently loads of water and herbal tea will help, they don't like you to have paracetamol unless you really can't manage. We have, however, each been issued with a little packet of capsules with a label saying 'colon support' :shock: . I did panic briefly but they are just a oral supplement, phew!

Yoga at 8am tomorrow (not forgetting to body brush myself first thoroughly with supplied brush) then a one-to-one 'mind therapy' session. Will let you know how it goes. Love to all and doods xx
Julie and Aero xx

Masil

Post by Masil » 20 Jan 2014, 23:55

Sounds great Julie - I bet you will come home full of energy and vigour. The 'electrolyte broth' reminded of that scene in Papillon when Steve McQueen put the cockroach in his 'broth' because he was starving :lol:
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's instalment xx