Off on my hols (sort of)

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Bid

Re: Off on my hols (sort of)

Post by Bid » 20 Jan 2014, 23:56

So brave! Thank goodness for the crumbs of potato!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 21 Jan 2014, 15:42

Tuesday today. Julie are you bouncing about like Tigger yet? :wink: I do hope you are enjoying the experience though 8)

julieju

Post by julieju » 21 Jan 2014, 22:25

Not yet... :lol: I think it gets worse before it gets better! Everyone's gone a bit dithery today... forgetting what we were talking about half way through a sentence etc but by tomorrow it should start to pick up and the tigger impressions will begin :mrgreen: . The juices are getting yuckier - celery, broccoli and fennel for lunch today :shock: I couldn't finish it, nor a spirulina shot, very nutritious but tastes like detergent. Have to keep reminding myself what good they are doing :roll: .

I hadn't anticipated what fab community spirit there would be here though - I thought I'd be spending all my time on my own reading or whatever, but what a lovely interesting bunch of people, they are all really good fun. If we could all get drunk it would be brilliant. x
Julie and Aero xx

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 21 Jan 2014, 22:53

:lol: :lol: :lol: so funny! From here...! Bless you, thanks for the laugh, sorry about the detergent shots :mrgreen: x
ImageImage

AustinsMumma

Post by AustinsMumma » 21 Jan 2014, 22:56

OMG sounds.... far too healthy to me :mrgreen: You are so brave though! You'll look all shiny and brand new when you get home!

I couldn't imagine exercising with such low energy. Maybe you'll feel bouncier after sleep

J xx
Austin Doodle came to town riding on a pony......
Austin's profession?... Eating Mummy's STEAK
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 21 Jan 2014, 23:18

julieju wrote:If we could all get drunk it would be brilliant. x
:lol: :lol: :lol: Do it! After your last day leg it to the nearest local before you all go home :wink:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 21 Jan 2014, 23:34

Can you imagine the effect of a few sherbets on those poor empty tummies :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

SfcBlaze

Post by SfcBlaze » 22 Jan 2014, 21:07

julieju wrote: The juices are getting yuckier - celery, broccoli and fennel for lunch today :shock: I couldn't finish it, nor a spirulina shot, very nutritious but tastes like detergent. Have to keep reminding myself what good they are doing :roll: .
Feeling at little guilty reading this and scoffing a packet of ginger nuts with a mug of coffee. Well done for your perseverance. I'm sure I would have ran all the way home by now.
At least you will have gained a sense of acheivement. I will have gained a few more pounds. :wink:

Well done you. x
ImageImage

julieju

Post by julieju » 22 Jan 2014, 22:14

SfcBlaze wrote: At least you will have gained a sense of acheivement. I will have gained a few more pounds. :wink:
x
:lol: :lol:

Well, I'm half way through and I'm feeling really great today!! :D I'm not hungry at all, weirdly. The mind detox is coming along nicely (the real reason I came)... all the yoga and meditation are working magic :mrgreen: .

I don't look any thinner though, nor is my skin radiant and glowing... Probably will happen tomorrow... :wink:

xx

PS Another piece of good fortune... I found a giant piece of carrot in the bottom of my vegetable water this evening :D :D :D
Julie and Aero xx

michala

Post by michala » 22 Jan 2014, 22:18

Have enjoyed following your week - chuckled at the carrot bit today!

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 22 Jan 2014, 23:14

Glad to hear you're feeling great :D , giant carrot aye? You really are a lucky girl! :wink: :lol:
ImageImage

Jasper

Post by Jasper » 23 Jan 2014, 12:15

I think I can say this for all of us.... we are proud of you Julie!
I've had a chuckle at the potato crumbs and chunk of carrot! Its amazing how fast we start to appreciate the simple things in life when we have to go without! :lol:
Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of the week, and I second Bid's suggestion for getting some booze; to be consumed behind the bike sheds on Friday! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jo and Jasper
xxx

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 23 Jan 2014, 21:59

Next instalment??? :D
ImageImage

julieju

Post by julieju » 23 Jan 2014, 22:30

Aww, fanks Jo.

We're late tonight Helen :D , had an NLP workshop after 'dinner' (neuro linguistic programming? I think?) Very interesting, I can sort my life out now :wink:

Still feeling great - I'm bouncing off the walls in fact! Even getting used to the evil juices.

Tomorrow we BREAK THE FAST! Hurray! With slices of raw vegetables though... booo! [insert crestfallen icon]. Apparently food must be reintroduced slowly and sensibly over 3-5 days ie no stuffing my face with cake just yet. And no alcohol for 10 days (yeah, whatever, there is zero chance of that happening :lol: )

I have to say though, I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this week, one of the best things I've ever done. Will be a bit teary tomorrow no doubt :oops:. And a big thank you to you lovely lot for all your support xx

[Bid, guess what? One of the ladies here has a black lab called Beamish!] x
Julie and Aero xx

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 23 Jan 2014, 23:47

Oh ok I'll let you off :wink: blooming gadding about :lol:

Nlp sounds very fancy! Glad to hear you're feeling great and have enjoyed it, enjoy your lovely crunchy veggies!! :D x
ImageImage