Photobucket

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
stevied

Photobucket

Post by stevied » 17 Feb 2014, 17:06

Hi,
What has happened to photobucket? I haven't used it for a while but now it won't upload any photos except by e mail and then it won't let me edit them or post IMG links to forums! :?: Also I notice on one page a box which says subscriptions. Do you have to pay now? I know it is owned by yahoo which I don't have on my macbook but it worked perfectly well last year. I don't seem to be able to upload photos directly to the forum either. :cry:

Regards Steve

swardie

Re: Photobucket

Post by swardie » 17 Feb 2014, 17:42

I've tried several times to load photos of my gorgeous boy, Dexter, using the app on my ipad, and help from the step by step guide that was posted on here. It didn't work!!!

stevied

Post by stevied » 17 Feb 2014, 18:30

Glad to see I am not the only one.

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 17 Feb 2014, 18:52

Photobucket isn't your only choice. If you use DropBox for instance, there is an ability to get a link for an image posted there. Same as many other cloud services, and photo sharing services besides Photobucket. If you can get a direct link to the image (something that will have 'http://somedomainname.com/yourimage.jpg' or similar - the 'jpg' is important') you can drop it into the IMG code in your forum post and nobody will be the wiser of the source.

I personally find Photobucket to be one of the clunkier services out there, so it may be worth shopping around for other options like Flickr perhaps (although I think they just changed their sharing procedure - I haven't looked to see if it still works easily). Anything that will give you a direct link to the image should work.

Bid

Post by Bid » 17 Feb 2014, 18:55

It's working fine for me :|
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

MillieTheDoodle

Post by MillieTheDoodle » 17 Feb 2014, 19:21

Bid wrote:It's working fine for me :|
Same with me, I have no problems with it... :|

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 17 Feb 2014, 19:52

Works for me too although I haven't tried editing lately.
ImageImage

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 17 Feb 2014, 20:42

When I went to use it at the weekend, it asked me if I wanted to use the app (I'd been using it via safari up till then). Is the problem that you can't see how to upload your photo's to photobucket or you can't get the IMG code. The app is very different to using the web version but it seems easier.

When I first go in I get this screen

I then go to My Albums (bottom, middle of screen). To upload photos into photobucket, Top right, upward arrow

When your photos are uploaded, you need to be back in your album and choose your picture for uploading into UKLA. Click on the link icon, top line, towards the right of the screen.

Click on the IMG code and it copies the code to the clipboard. Then just paste into UKLA.

I hope that this helps and that I've not answered a problem that you don't have :oops:

Samdunn

Post by Samdunn » 17 Feb 2014, 20:44

I'm using it fine on my ipad, maybe it's a PC issue? . I also have Dropbox though wasn't sure how to upload from Dropbox. I do find the photobucket site not the most instinctive or user friendly but I tolerate cos I love to post ( and look at others ) photos.

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 17 Feb 2014, 21:37

I haven't been able to post any pics here for months? I have no links on Photobucket anymore... in fact I
have nothing on my page other than a small pic that I've uploaded - from my mobile. Also I really tried
last night to post some pics of my doodles as pups and now... I hunted the site and had no icons at all to try
and find the img code?

I couldn't post some pics on Dooley's birthday either :( :(
ImageImage

ImageImage

beeeerock

Post by beeeerock » 17 Feb 2014, 22:00

Samdunn wrote:I'm using it fine on my ipad, maybe it's a PC issue? . I also have Dropbox though wasn't sure how to upload from Dropbox. I do find the photobucket site not the most instinctive or user friendly but I tolerate cos I love to post ( and look at others ) photos.
Dropbox works in two ways...:

Both methods are easiest if you put the photo you want to share in the 'Public' folder DropBox comes preconfigured with...

So assuming the photo is in that folder, you can navigate to the DropBox folder *ON* your computer and right click the file... then select 'Copy Public Link' from the dropdown. The link is on your clipboard (invisible to you at this point). If you don't do a Cut or Copy command in between to overwrite that link on the clipboard, you can head to the forum editing area, put your cursor where you want the image to appear, then click the 'Img' button in the post editor toolbar. If you 'Ctrl-V', the link should appear between the Img tags. Using the preview button beside 'Submit' should show the image.

This can also work from the DropBox WEBSITE interface too. Again, go to the Public folder and right click the image file. Select 'Copy Public Link' and a window with the link appears. Click 'Copy to Clipboard' and proceed as described above.

You can do this from other DropBox folders, but it looks a little different... 'Share Link' instead of 'Copy Public Link' etc. I can detail the steps if wanted, but using the 'Public' folder is probably the best idea.

Note that the file needs to be the size you want it to appear on the forum... there isn't a forum function to crop it to something small and friendly for the threads.

linny

Post by linny » 18 Feb 2014, 00:27

Glenda wrote:I I couldn't post some pics on Dooley's birthday either :( :(
What a shame.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DOOLEY :)
Love from Linny and the boys.

Photobucket works ok for me too....it's just a different layout and not so easy to use as it used to be......why did they fix it ?....it wasn't broke.

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 18 Feb 2014, 14:18

linny wrote:
Glenda wrote:I I couldn't post some pics on Dooley's birthday either :( :(
What a shame.....HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DOOLEY :)
Love from Linny and the boys
Aww thanks Linny... I know we keep saying it but I really can't believe he's 3 already. He's a very
special boy - so well behaved (because he hates being told off) and laid back (unless its thundering or
there's fireworks going off) - a real pleasure to live with and loved very much. :D :D
ImageImage

ImageImage

stevied

Post by stevied » 18 Feb 2014, 18:19

Thanks for all the advice. Suebedo when I go to photobucket I get a page which is blue, when I press upload I go to a new page with a big upload bar in blue. When I click on this it takes me to i photo and then when I select a photo nothing happens. I dragged and dropped a pic into photoshop via email succesfully but it won't let me share it. The old version was so much easier and better. That's progress for ya.

stevied

Post by stevied » 18 Feb 2014, 18:24

Thanks suebedo there is now a photo on my "new puppy" posting.