Partly off topic, beware, rant!

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Helen & Rigby

Partly off topic, beware, rant!

Post by Helen & Rigby » 20 Feb 2014, 14:27

Is it just me?

If you invite your sons friends round, also brothers, at 11 and you get a text at 11.11 to say, late night last night, they will be round before 12, (no is that ok) then they rock up at 12.45. When we were already eating lunch as hubby has to leave for work at 1.

No, I'm not making more lunch this is not a f :mrgreen:cking cafe!

I find that very bad manners.

I also warned them not to wear good clothes as there would be muddy paw prints. Of course rig leapt on them, oldest visitor has white t shirt on :roll: they then stand up coz they don't want rig jumping on the sofa and licking them :x I'm not feeling very tolerant today, I've had a migraine for 3 days, this is my first day off painkillers.

They have a dog but he is kept in kitchen and garden as they have a fancy sofa and rug. They know we have a puppy. If they don't like they can go home! I think I best keep my mouth closed. It's not rigs fault, he doesn't know any different.

Sorry folks :(
ImageImage

Doodle Dee

Re: Partly off topic, beware, rant!

Post by Doodle Dee » 20 Feb 2014, 14:56

never mind - nice to rant

I have those days

But hey at least they get to go home eventually
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 20 Feb 2014, 14:57

Sorry about your migraine (not nice) hope you are feeling a little better.

Oh the joys of parenting through the teen years .....you did warn them about wearing old clothes so if they have muddy paw prints on their nice white t shirts....hard luck and yes they were rude and thoughtless to descend on you when you were busy with lunch.....but that's youngsters for you..... and you are certainly not a blank blank cafe so they can go eat somewhere else. :lol:
Many years ago when my son was at Uni he came home with all his dirty washing ....dumped it next to washing machine ....phoned all his friends and then went off for a night out with them.
I got up later that night to go to the Loo and promply fell over a body on the upstairs landing :shock: when I turned on a light there were bodies everywhere ...on the landing in the lounge , in the dinning and three in the spare bedroom.
Apparently ......"My Mum won't mind" came into the conversation at some point during his night out.........well his Mum did mind especially stood there in my nightie.....he didn't do it ever again :wink:

Ben

Post by Ben » 20 Feb 2014, 14:58

Your house, your rules, rant away. :D

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 20 Feb 2014, 15:04

Poor you. Migraines are terrible things, I get them as well and all I can do when I do is take to my bed with a shed load of painkillers that make me feel sick but that's better than the pain. Not much of a choice though. So, given you;re feeling like gobS$%^e then I thing a rant is definitely in order.
ImageImage

dutydruid

Post by dutydruid » 20 Feb 2014, 15:17

you rant away . as for the white t shirt ,,,,, muppet springs to mind especcially as they know you have a young set of springs in the house.
ImageImage

Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON DOOODS

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 20 Feb 2014, 17:07

Thanks muchly folks :D

I've had a peaceful aft after they decamped to eldest boys room and Rig fell asleep :D

Thanks for the sympathy :D

Linny, I must make clear no unannounced visitors in advance then! :lol:
ImageImage

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 20 Feb 2014, 19:17

Glad you feel a bit better. I think its always best to vent when things really get on your nerves. :)