Off topic, advice please?

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Helen & Rigby

Re: Off topic, advice please?

Post by Helen & Rigby » 18 Mar 2014, 10:40

Thank you jay, I'm sorry to hear that you have suffered abuse too. I had to walk away from my mother for the sake of my husband and children, and for my own mental health and sanity. It was not an easy thing to do and I lived in fear of her coming after me for a very long time. I think that the fact that she didn't ever try to make amends hurt more than the abusive texts and letter that she sent. She never wanted children, she wanted grandchildren, we were just a means to an end. 15 months of homeopathy made a massive difference and helped me tremendously. I certainly recommend it.

I think for some of us it takes a lot to realise we are worth more than to be treated like that. Particularly when it is a parent or carer that is the abuser.

My mother always played my sister and I off against one another, and we never got along when we lived at home, and have had an on off relationship for years. But since not seeing our mother anymore we got along very well and were an enormous support to each other, being the only ones who truly knew what mother was/is like. There is a lot of history tied up here, which I suppose there is with any sibling relationship. Sometimes I wonder if we are good for each other, we both have our funny ways.

I do understand what you mean Jay, I won't hold on to this relationship if it is detrimental to me, I can't afford to, I've been through too much, and my mental health is a tad fragile. I know she has her stuff too and I sympathise wholeheartedly. We each have to do what is best for us.

Thanks again sending hugs xx
ImageImage