Ouch :-(

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
alliedoodle

Ouch :-(

Post by alliedoodle » 20 Aug 2007, 20:22

I have really bad tooth ache. My dentist didn't have an appt until 10th sept so went to the walk in centre. The nerve has died under the filling so i have an abcess. Been given antibiotics one of which i cant drink with for at least 2 days after finishing them but i have a friends 30th this week. I had 2 jabs of lithnocane (sp) which has helped a tad but is now wearing off. I hate having toothache i just wanna cry with it. Muffy knows i am upset as he is giving me cuddles and his smelly teddy lol

RALPHY

Post by RALPHY » 20 Aug 2007, 22:03

I feel for you. Nothing worse than toothache. Have heard that cloves are good, not sure what you do with them though! The antibiotics should kick in soon.

Hope it eases.
Pam and Doodles, Darcee and Declann
Fundraising Manager for Labradoodle Trust

paula&co

Post by paula&co » 21 Aug 2007, 08:14

ouch, i know exactly how you feel. I have recently had an abcess on and off for 5 weeks. All my own fault tho as i kept putting it off, dentist told me it needed to come out but i knew better :oops:

So two lots of antibiotics later found me begging him to take it out, and you know what i never felt a thing!!!! All that fuss over nothing :? I did find taking paracetomal then neurofen alternately helpful.

Hope you get better real soon :)
Paula

shnarfty

Post by shnarfty » 21 Aug 2007, 16:27

I'm suffering too!
The nerve is slowly (and painfully)dying in my front tooth, I've got antibiotics but my dentist is on holiday for the whole of Sept, so I am booked in for root canal surgery on 4th Oct :cry: . How did this happen? a head on collision with Teddy the doodle ( we were wrestling, then he lept up to do the Doodle Dash)
Nuerofen do a great painkiller with ibruprofen and codene, but you have to ask for it over the counter. Also, the homeopathic remedy Hypericum is good for tooth ache when a nerve has been damaged or after dental surgery. I'm so worried about the rest of my teeth now, and the five weeks is going to drag by :cry:
Hope the painkillers work for you, best of luck.
Jo & Teddy

debs43

Post by debs43 » 21 Aug 2007, 21:00

have a look on the net for a product called oralgel 24, i had an abscess whilst on holiday in new york once and bought it ovr the counter, it works like a dentists anesthetic totally numbs the whole area, if you cant get it, try whisky on the spot, has a numbing effect, but dont drink it whilst on antibiotics, hope you feel better

deb

debs43

Post by debs43 » 22 Aug 2007, 10:22

hi allie hope your feeling better

deb

Anne

Post by Anne » 22 Aug 2007, 14:15

Iam pretty sure you can have a drink whilst you are on penicillin type antibiotics.If you are taking metranidisol(SP reallly bad today) then you can,t drink as you will probably be sick.I have never heard of oralgel but will look into it :D I would also try rinsing with hot salty mouthwash as this can sometimes help with draining the infection and therfore easing pain.Thats what I would do if it was me. :D

alliedoodle

Post by alliedoodle » 22 Aug 2007, 23:09

Hi all. Aw thanks all for your wishes and tips. Trying to carry on as normal to take my mind off it. I am on ammoxycillan and metronidazole which is the one i cant drink with. I am trying to track down the oralgel fingers crossed. I am taking intermitantly ibuprofen and paramol which is paracetamol and dihydrocodeine.