Moonwalk

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
jennieh

Moonwalk

Post by jennieh » 29 Feb 2008, 12:59

Is anyone else on here doing the Edinburgh Moonwalk?
I started training (!!) a few weeks ago, but I'm starting to worry I'm not up to speed yet.
It seemed a good idea at the time when a friend suggested it, but here's hoping I'll get to the end!!
Just wondered if anyone had applied??
Jennie.

doodlebug

Re: Moonwalk

Post by doodlebug » 29 Feb 2008, 15:06

I havent applied but did do the London moonwalk a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.
We did lots of training but no night walking...which to be honest we didnt even consider...but even with the training I wasnt really ready for the overnight walking. So , if you can I would recommend you do one night walk...4 am in the morning was the worst time I remember..I just wanted bed at that time! Finished 3 hours later!!! but the best thing I have ever done, and its for a great cause too. Hope it goes really well.

Katie and Benx

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 29 Feb 2008, 15:19

Good for you, i've just thought about it but not made the commitment

My sister did it last year, it was alot of training but she loved it. You'll have to think how your going to decorate your bra :D

Good luck

Hilli

Hip Dysplasia is painful , expensive, and COMMON, see the hip scores of BOTH parents, no points over 3.
Don't accept excuses

Fraggle69

Post by Fraggle69 » 29 Feb 2008, 15:24

Hi Jennie
I too did the London moonwalk a few years ago, I remember walking pass Big Ben when it chimed 2 o'clock which is a memory that was always be with me, unfortunately the not being able to walk for three days and hardly being able to sit down on the loo without cramps in my legs I wish I could forget :lol: :oops:

I just didn't put in enough training, thought it would be easy peasy how wrong I was :wink:

But its a wonderful event and the atmosphere was amazing :D

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 29 Feb 2008, 16:01

jennieh wrote:Is anyone else on here doing the Edinburgh Moonwalk?
I started training (!!) a few weeks ago, but I'm starting to worry I'm not up to speed yet.
No Jennieh we are doing London but certainly know the feeling it's our 1st time doing it.

:oops:
Fraggle69 wrote:unfortunately the not being able to walk for three days and hardly being able to sit down on the loo without cramps in my legs I wish I could forget
Fraggle69 How much training did you do? :oops: Panic is starting to set in :cry: :?
Yes I am going to do (think positive) the Moon Walk this year & I would appreciate any advice anyone has good or bad please....
....only 11 odd weeks to get ready :oops: :lol: :lol:

Dizzy & Kona

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » 29 Feb 2008, 19:24

Hi,
We followed the training planner sent to us by the moon walk people and built up the distances gradually. Then when it got near to the event we did 2 short (3 or 5 mile) walks at speed each week and then a long one at the weekend.

3 weeks before we did a 20 mile walk...I thought it would never end!

It wasnt really the walking that got us in the end it was the being up over night and constantly on the move....and the need for frequent toilet stops (with very long queues!!).

jelly beans are great to carry with you and so are starburst. They give you a bit of an energy boost.

It was painful!! but we had such a laugh and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Katiex

Fraggle69

Post by Fraggle69 » 29 Feb 2008, 22:29

DizzyDora wrote:
Fraggle69 How much training did you do? :oops: Panic is starting to set in :cry: :?
Yes I am going to do (think positive) the Moon Walk this year & I would appreciate any advice anyone has good or bad please....
....only 11 odd weeks to get ready :oops: :lol: :lol:

Dizzy & Kona
Not enough obviously :lol: :lol: Did a couple of shortish fast walks in the week and a longer slower one at weekend.

Good luck its a great event, take chocolate, and try not to stop for a wee, its a long wait and puts you off your stride :D :wink:

jennieh

Post by jennieh » 01 Mar 2008, 14:51

It's good to know I'm not the only one who's panicing!!
Someone told me the queues for the loss are long....I'll just have to keep my legs crossed.
Off for a bracing walk now...I think I'll get blown a long, it's still blowing a gale here!
Lots of luck to anyone else who's doing it.

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 01 Mar 2008, 17:13

Jennieh just wish I had till June although I have been trying & training since Oct I think I will have to up the ante & pack the Tena by the sounds of it, I hate Porta Loos.....Not even going to think about that one till the night!

On a lighter note been out today in my new NB's and they are just like putting my old ones on thankfully no blisters so money well spent there eh!
What do I let myself in for you'd think at my age I'd have more sense!

Dizzy & Kona

jennieh

Post by jennieh » 01 Mar 2008, 17:25

Hi DizzyDora,
Sounds like you've had better luck with your trainers. I paid a lot for mine & ended up with antibiotics for infected blisters!
It is supposed to be fun isn't it?!!
Whereabouts in the Midlands are you?
I was born & bought up in Walsall, although I'm now an adopted Northener.
Best of luck, I'm sure the training will be enough.
Jennie.

jennieh

Post by jennieh » 01 Mar 2008, 17:28

Just had a quick look at your pictures of Kona, she's gorgeous.
Has her coat colour changed over time....she looks a lighter shade of chocolate in the 2007 pics?
Jennie.

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 01 Mar 2008, 18:07

We are in the east mids near to Loughborough & the airport. Good job you have got the blisters out of the way early fingers crossed I'll miss that one out very painful don't know about you but I'm going for tortoise plod rather than the hare race, time will not be a factor for me just being able to complete it having said that 2 girls have said they plan to join us next year!!!! We will see eh!
Jennieh thankyou for your kind coments re Kona yes she has changed colour she was very dark chocolate when we had her she is now more of a dirty biege with a brown muzzle & silver head, she has a full coat on her at the moment very woolly rather than fleece she's F1b. Bless her she flat out now she walked 8 mile with me this morning I don't take her every time though.
Here she is thinking she has first prize taken a few weeks ago.

jennieh

Post by jennieh » 01 Mar 2008, 23:06

She's lovely..it looks like she's wearing a blonde wig from that angle :lol:
Did she manage to get any choccy?
Our doodle Barney is an F1b also, but he's all black (few grey hairs on his back!!)

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 01 Mar 2008, 23:54

Your Barney is gorgeous he is just what we thought we were getting how old is he? Though we wouldn't swap her for the world
you know what they say about looking like your dog well poor old Kona has gone grey just like us & no she didn't get any chocolate
nobody ever does with me around....but she did carry it to me a pressie from OH.

Reennaa

Post by Reennaa » 02 Mar 2008, 00:03

Wow - Kona is gorgeous.
Does she still stand up on her hind legs.
Our St. Poodle puppy (Patsy) is always up on hers - she looks like she should be in the circus !

PS Wow Barney - also gorgeous :)