Hay Fever Cure

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
Bid

Hay Fever Cure

Post by Bid » 23 Mar 2008, 22:39

My OH has chronic hay fever. It starts in May and lasts until the end of September. He has the genuine fever - temperature, hot sweats, shaking etc as well as the sniffy nose so it's a real misery. Usually he drugs himself up, and has to vary the drugs as he gets resistant to them really quickly. This year though he has a new thing - it seems to involve sticking 2 little red torches up his nose for 5 minutes 3 times a day. I've no idea if it will work, but it sure as hell is giving me a laugh :lol: I've tried taking a photo but he isn't keen :roll: He says I'm not being sympathetic :shock:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

fudgepuddle

Re: Hay Fever Cure

Post by fudgepuddle » 23 Mar 2008, 22:58

What is it Bid? Martin really suffers with it too, and apart from the amusement this cure would give me, he'll try anything! :lol:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

yoz1881

Post by yoz1881 » 23 Mar 2008, 23:48

I'm intrigued :shock:
Does his nose glow red? :lol:
Should he be renamed Rudolf?
Can you see the innards of his head through his ears when he's doing it?
Do his eyes bulgein a drunken manner?
Hope it works, he certainly deserves for it to :lol:
Catherine, owner of Roger & Dylan, the up and coming stud dogs ;-)

Treacletoffee

Post by Treacletoffee » 24 Mar 2008, 00:09

Hi, my OH suffers from hay fever, many years ago he came back from the doctors with a contraption that had a rubber ball on a tube, he placed a capsule in the tube inserted it into a nostril and squeezed the ball, it was call an insnufflelater, i am sorry to say I also laughed when he used it as I found the name funny. Someone advised him to have local honey made from the pollen in his area which he has done for many years now, he has it in his tea rather than sugar, Maybe it is mind over matter but he hasnt suffered from hay fever half as much as he did and he was very bad when an attack hit.
Doodling good in Cornwall
I shudder to think of a world without doods !!

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 24 Mar 2008, 00:21

I've heard something about these torches. Do they work for general allergic rhinitis as well as Hayfever, I wonder? I get permanent sneezing and nose problems all the year round. It's both unpleasant and unattractive. :roll: I have a red nose constantly. With me it's from when I get up 'til lunch time. I'm nearly always ok in the afternoon, though. Odd. :?
Would try anything though. It's only a 15 minute walk to school, but the kids get really frustrated as I have to stop maybe 5 times, take my gloves off and blow my nose. Not to mention the spluttery sneezing. I've always had it though, so I don't really know any different. :lol:
Let us know if it works, Bid. :D
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

tinymoominmama

Post by tinymoominmama » 24 Mar 2008, 08:55

hel&Mark,
I've got the same thing, although mine seems to be worse on other days. It is really unatractive, and my nose always looks like rudolph due to al the blowing! I always thought it was an allergic reaction, but anti histemenes (sp?) don't seem to do anything. Doctors are rubbish and tell me just to take the inefective anti thingys!!
will be waching this thread with interest!!

saz1970

Post by saz1970 » 24 Mar 2008, 09:48

Oh I'm kinda wishing my OH had hayfever so I could shove things up his nose :lol: :lol:

Bid

Post by Bid » 24 Mar 2008, 12:45

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yoz1881 wrote:I'm intrigued :shock:
Does his nose glow red? :lol:
Should he be renamed Rudolf?
Can you see the innards of his head through his ears when he's doing it?
Do his eyes bulgein a drunken manner?
Hope it works, he certainly deserves for it to :lol:
Yes,
He has been
Think his head is actually empty
This is normal!

This is it - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... ROKL5A1OLE

He got it on the recommendation of one of his clients who says it works for her - after initially using it 3 times a day, she now only uses it on the odd day when she feels an attack coming on. Pete has stopped using the antihistamines after 1 week of using it, but he is at his worst later in the year (just pine pollen at the moment I think) so we're not claiming a cure yet.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

dustysmum

Post by dustysmum » 24 Mar 2008, 15:12

helen do you have a weeping fig in your house? they are notorious for causing reactions like yours mainly in the mornings my brother had to get rid of his (fig plant not his nose)like the idea of everyones oh`s sitting in assorted living rooms around the country with glowings thingies shoved up their noses :lol:

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 24 Mar 2008, 15:19

Good thinking, Dustysmum. But no - it's not that. :lol:
I had 40 allergy test injections once, and was allergic to 38 of them so I think I am probably even allergic to myself. :roll:
Might well try these little torches though. Nasal sprays just increase the ferocity of my nosebleeds. :x
I do think that eventually I shall just have to have my nose designated as a danger area and sealed off ...

Helen
x

peelm

Post by peelm » 24 Mar 2008, 18:33

Funny thread, thanks for the giggles!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael, Janet, Fozzie and Dylan

For all your pet portraits, visit :- http://www.theloudhouse.co.uk

Bid

Post by Bid » 24 Mar 2008, 23:13

Hel&Mark wrote: Do they work for general allergic rhinitis as well as Hayfever, I wonder?
He says it should do. Gonna sneak up & take a photo later on :wink:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 24 Mar 2008, 23:16

Oh yes! Do! :D

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 24 Mar 2008, 23:20

saz1970 wrote:Oh I'm kinda wishing my OH had hayfever so I could shove things up his nose :lol: :lol:

MWAaaaahhhhhhh mmmmmwwwwwaaaaahhhhh (in Robs best deranged laugh)

I wanted to say this too, but Mart might have seen it!!! :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage

yoz1881

Post by yoz1881 » 24 Mar 2008, 23:21

I think I may get one under some pretext just for comedy value :lol:
Catherine, owner of Roger & Dylan, the up and coming stud dogs ;-)