Why do Poodles love to get dirty?

You can use this area for idle or not so idle chat that is not related to Labradoodles as long as you keep it free of flame wars and anything obscene.
PennyAli

Why do Poodles love to get dirty?

Post by PennyAli » 03 Dec 2006, 10:58

Here is Bailey after helping Dan to put the new fire in
not sure if that is working if not try this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisa_h/312718996/

donz

Post by donz » 03 Dec 2006, 13:11

Lisa Bailey looks so cute in that pic - his coat is really shining despite the muck!!

I finally had my temptations quelled yesterday at training when our instructors blonde lab Sandy decided to have some tumble with Scruff - she was clean beforehand and after she was just streaked with mud!

If I had a blonde dog I wouldn't be able to help myself from washing it all the time!!!
ImageImage

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 03 Dec 2006, 13:42

I would not get another White Poodle it will have to be red or chocolate next time! some times I end up bathing Bailey up to 3 times a week, some humans don't bath this much! But it’s my own fault because I just can’t bear seeing him messy, actually I quite enjoy grooming him and am thinking of going back to a Poodle clip, I think I might do a Lamb clip but not do his body to short, I think what put me off of the Lamb clip was when I got him he was almost no hair on his body with long legs but I have seen other Lamb clips with a slightly longer coat on the body but I’m sure Carol or Barb will let us know how it is supposed to be done.