including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 22 Aug 2019, 19:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Feeding an 8 mth puppy
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 16:50 

I realise this isn,t particularly new topic but I need advice. Tried to wean him off pedegree chicken and rice puppy mix, but must have done it too quickly and he was I'll with diarrhoea ...
Some of you buy food in bulk, what should I buy him and where should I get it. Don,t want repeat performance of diarrhoea !
Live in south cambs.
Any advice welcomed!

Post subject: Re: Feeding an 8 mth puppy
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 17:13 

I weaned Lulu from Pedigree to James Wellbeloved and just mixed one with the other for about 4 - 5 days. What are you changing her to?

ImageImage

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 18:05 

If you want a kibble food them symply puppy large breed turkey and rice suits Tess when other more expensive ones didn't. UK made and all good quality ingredients. I know rice doesn't suit some tums but Tessy's doodle Doos are lovely with it. I would like to do raw but until I get my head round it we are happy.

xxx

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 18:44 

I would pick a kibble (preferably one without corn, maie or rice if you can stretch to it) and ask a supplier for a sample pack because you don't want to buy a huge bag and find your pup doesn't get on with it. Then introduce just a few pieces to her existing food, and increase it daily a little at a time until you have switched her over. Slowly is definitely the best way :D

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 18:51 

Eden Holistic food does sample packs for £5.00 with free delivery. It's been reviewed as one of he best kibbles- 80% protein with veg :D

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2013, 18:55 

When we got Barney he was on Royal Canin but seemed to have constant diarrhoea. I did lots of research and found that it was recommended that you try foods with minimal grans and more protein. We picked something called Applaws which we get online and he changed instantly. Tummy settled and he seemed much happier. Clearly not all foods work for all dogs but we seemed to have found the right one for Barney.

Good luck

Lianne and Barney
Xx

When we got Barney he was on Royal Canin but seemed to have constant diarrhoea. I did lots of research and found that it was recommended that you try foods with minimal grans and more protein. We picked something called Applaws which we get online and he changed instantly. Tummy settled and he seemed much happier. Clearly not all foods work for all dogs but we seemed to have found the right one for Barney.

Good luck

Lianne and Barney
Xx

Good luck

Lianne and Barney
Xx

Good luck

Lianne and Barney
Xx

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2013, 07:28 

Eden food bought online as mentioned above got great reviews for its content, no grains. It suits Daisy very well.