North West Groomer

This forum is for posting reviews of dog- and labradoodle-related /products/. Please do not use it for making or soliciting comments about breeders or people (although /most/ breeders are people too!)
kobi&jazz

North West Groomer

Post by kobi&jazz » 21 Feb 2010, 17:51

http://www.barkingbarbers.co.uk/index.html

Not sure if this allowed (sorry) but I can recommend this North West groomer.
He is brilliant. After a couple of terrible experiences with groomers I found Angel and haven't looked back since. He is just so calm and put me and Jazz at ease within minutes.

Andrews

Re: North West Groomer

Post by Andrews » 03 Mar 2010, 21:58

Only just seen this post. Do you have any groomed doodle pics?

Andrew
Andrew and Oscar

kobi&jazz

Post by kobi&jazz » 03 Mar 2010, 23:17

Hi Andrew
I haven't - but Jazz is due to go in the next few weeks so will try and remember to take the camera.
What I like about Angel is that he will do what you ask --- when he first sorted Jazz for me (her coat was a mess even though she had been to a groomer 2 weeks prior to me seeing Angel) I thought the top of her head looked a bit too 'poodley' so he cropped off more fur until I was happy.
Do you live in or near Manchester?

Andrews

Post by Andrews » 04 Mar 2010, 00:35

Yes not too far.
Andrew and Oscar

Jaybz

Re: North West Groomer-- don't go here!

Post by Jaybz » 10 Jun 2013, 12:46

I'm looking for a groomer in the North West, and came across this post. I can see this is an old post, but I just contacted this groomer, on the recommendation found here, and the man (owner?) said that they were NOT taking any more labradoodles, because they were inundated with the breed :!: , and they took too long to groom (I'm imagining they would charge a fair price for the extra time...).

He said that someone recommended them on a labradoodle forum (assuming this one!), and that he was quite upset about it! :shock:

So much for trying to promote a good business... the message here is DO NOT go to this groomer! :?

So, my search continues! Any other groomers we can doodle bomb?!?

JeanG

Post by JeanG » 10 Jun 2013, 13:04

YES!! If you can get to Ellesmere Port?

Diane at Wheeler Claws. She's VERY reasonable. Bella's a mini and I only pay about £15 for a bath and a cut. Might be a bit more for a bigger dood I guess? I think it's about £2 extra for a manicure! :lol:

Her son is now coming into the business with her so she is looking for new clients and she does a lovely job. Her number is: 0151 355 6878. She's a real dog lover and has three dogs herself.
Jean & Bella xxx

Jaybz

Post by Jaybz » 10 Jun 2013, 13:13

Thanks, Jean!

It might be a bit too far (especially if she's so good that I have to keep going to her!), but I'll keep it in mind in case I need to travel.

It seems like all the good ones are not taking new customers (at least not doodles!)

Hope to see you at Delamere on the 30th!

donkeydoodlelulu

Post by donkeydoodlelulu » 10 Jun 2013, 13:24

I have a wonderful mobile groomer who comes to the house every 2 months. I posted pics of lulu and Woody after she came last week to groom them. She is based in Bolton so I am sure she will go to Manchester. Its great because you are there and can ensure you get what you want. The lady comes to our village every 2 months and does about 5 dogs in a day. She loves doodles and my two love her. PM me if you want her contact.
Alison, Lulu and Woody x

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 10 Jun 2013, 17:37

What a grumpy bum! :x

I can recommend mine in Glossop (30 mins from city centre)- they're always busy with a 2-3 week wait and Barney loves them. £20 for a full groom

http://www.woofandready.com/