Crunchy fish treats

This forum is for posting reviews of dog- and labradoodle-related /products/. Please do not use it for making or soliciting comments about breeders or people (although /most/ breeders are people too!)
Pollydoodle

Crunchy fish treats

Post by Pollydoodle » 29 Sep 2013, 22:33

Regularly buy big bag of Fish4dogs fish skin treats but noticed they now have 'competition' :)
A good thing since they changed the ingredients in their dog food too -probably more cost effective for them :?

Anyway has anyone tried these from marinerschoice ?
They are made in the UK which is always a plus and look near identical to Fish4dogs.
http://www.marinerschoicepetco.co.uk/sh ... -1kg-smal/

They also do salmon oil.
Keep wondering if there is any quality control on salmon oil as clearly there's is a market for it.

How do we know if we are purchasing good quality oil ? :?

Bid

Re: Crunchy fish treats

Post by Bid » 29 Sep 2013, 23:49

I ordered some of their fish & potato biscuits, but they were broken when they arrived and turned to crumbs in my treat bag. I complained and they sent some different ones which were a little better but still broken. I've not tried their fish skin treats, because they are bigger than the F4D tiddlers, so too big for me.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

suzi23173

Post by suzi23173 » 30 Sep 2013, 07:49

They sell them at my vets, or similar.
They gave Tess one and she thought it was a bit wierd and took a sniff and a couple of goes to eat it. But that might just be because she never had one before. She is a piggy so it was odd.
I'm going on Wednesday, I'll look if they are that brand.
Love,
Suzi and Tess.
xxx

Helen & Rigby

Post by Helen & Rigby » 30 Sep 2013, 08:33

I get our salmon oil from csj dog food, if you google it you will find it. They have info on how they get it, if you know what I mean! :D
ImageImage

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 30 Sep 2013, 15:30

I didn't clock the size difference even though I checked it :oops: Shall order Fish4dogs whilst have 10% off :)
Mine love these now and have habit of staring at the jar come my dinner time :roll: I like to give them these as I always think of them as a freebie treat ie not really fattening (don't tell me otherwise now :lol: )
Will check out CSJ to re the oils.
Thanks.

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 30 Sep 2013, 16:29

They don't seem to have made Lola fat! She's had a lot of these for alerting.

The last lot of F4D treats we got though made Lola sick.. I thought she was ill, but she was fine till we gave her another treat... stopped her food thinking she is ill again, 2 days later another treat and she was sick again.

It worried me that there was something wrong with that bag so haven't used any more. They were a bit bigger than the normal cubes she has, flatter, wondered if that could be the problem.

She is very small so these other treats don't sound any good either...
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 30 Sep 2013, 16:39

They sell these treats but a different brand in the £1 shop poundland obviously a smaller quantity but good if u don't want to buy loads or perhaps want to try them, Maisy loves them :) they also do the twizzler shaped ones
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

Liz!!

Post by Liz!! » 30 Sep 2013, 16:45

Where are they made though? Lots of dog treats are made in China, and I don't buy anything from China because they weren't that fussy about poisoning baby milk with cheap filler, so won't worry about dogs. It does make it hard to get threats though as most of Pets @ Home ones are made in China.
Lola is a UK Assistance Dog, trained to alert me for low blood sugar by Medical Detection Dogs (http://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk)