Can anybody recommend a groomer around Derby?

This forum is for posting reviews of dog- and labradoodle-related /products/. Please do not use it for making or soliciting comments about breeders or people (although /most/ breeders are people too!)
Webbiedood

Can anybody recommend a groomer around Derby?

Post by Webbiedood » 28 Sep 2013, 08:28

Hi, Millie is nearly 5 months old and I think it's time for a trip to the groomers. Any recommendations would be much appreciated but ideally I'm looking for north side of Derby. Millie is a 50/50 doodle and her wavy fleece is getting quite long. I've considered doing it myself but I think it would be good to get a good clip at the groomers from time to time and I'll continue to trim inbetween visits.
Millie - 1st day at home

Webbiedood

Re: Can anybody recommend a groomer around Derby?

Post by Webbiedood » 29 Sep 2013, 16:18

Anyone? No?
Millie - 1st day at home

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 29 Sep 2013, 21:24

I know a good one far away in Glossop, I think you'd be more likely to find a recommendation if you post in the General Discussion?

Sorry I can't help!

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Sep 2013, 20:40

Hi Webbiedood,
The closest I can get is Purfect Pawz just outside Chesterfield. They were very good with Ianto, I took photos in of his brother's haircut and they did a brilliant job.... May be a bit too far for you though -
Anne & Ianto x
Millie is beautiful - I have a really soft spot for black, fleecy doods... :oops:

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 30 Sep 2013, 22:45

Still not close but there are a couple in Nottingham. Jacob goes to Paws on Nottingham Road Basford and Snazzy dogs in Chilwell that is atleast West Nottingham. Snazzy dogs does scissor cuts which some people prefer to the clippers.

If you go to a local apark try asking around and see where people go. You might get some local recommendations that way.

Jacob is 50/50 black fleece boy too! Even if you don't like the cut :shock: it soon grows back and you can try somewhere else :D
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob

Webbiedood

Post by Webbiedood » 01 Oct 2013, 15:19

Thanks everyone. If it works out it'd be good for her to go fairly regularly so would prefer somewhere closer but Chilwell would be ok as that's not too far but Chesterfield and Glossop are a bit of a hike.

Jacob is gorgeous, that's how we're expecting Millie to turn out - can I ask how tall he is? And thank you Anne, I have to agree she is beautiful but aren't they all.... :D :D
Millie - 1st day at home

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 01 Oct 2013, 23:03

Hi

Thanks for the compliment about Jacob. He weighs 25 kg and is 21 or 22 inches to the shoulder. Mixing my metric and imperial.

He was the biggest in his litter but has turned out to have a very poodley shape. He is a big favourite of the poodle owners on our local park as a result.

His dad was Buttons from Lisa's labrdoodles in Lincolnshire and his mum was an F1 doodle.

Your girl looks very cute and I hope she is a joy as Jacob is to us (mostly :lol: )

Jacob has not been to Snazzy Dogs but we know several dogs that do and they are often recommended.
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob