including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 07:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Soft toy for destructive doodles!
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014, 21:37 

We have just got a lotus ball! It is made from really tough fabric, and can be stuffed with a tasty treat. The doodle then comes along and tears it apart to get the treat, and you put it back together! It opens out like a lotus blossom when the dog rips into it, and hte velcro makes a very satisfying ripping sound. Once the treat is eaten you just velcro it back again. I don't know how long it will last, but it's proving very popular!

http://www.traininglines.co.uk/busy-bud ... lotus.html

Post subject: Re: Soft toy for destructive doodles!
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2014, 17:33 

Hmm the trick I suspect is removing the toy before the delights of chomping through that noisy velcro has occurred.(well it would be in this house :lol: )
Keep us posted.

PS: I am too mean I bought a toy for £2 and thought I was splashing out :roll: Said toy already has ears and nose removed mind you after one day

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 15:57 

I bought Ianto the Battersea Dogs Home 'Hide n Fetch' reward bone (put a treat inside, hide it and your little treasure runs to find it, returns it to you and you unwrap the treat...) He decided to cut out 'the middle man'.... :?
Anne & Ianto x

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 17:47 

I was in a large pet store and they had lots of different tasty thing and as I wasn't here for Lulu's birthday back in May I thought I would go all out and bought a toy (hard) with a battery that made the ball go round and it had curly rope that twisted as the ball went round! I thought it was fun - £12 it was so solid, how could she demolish it. The rope went first, which was predictable then the plastic round where the rope went in and then I took it away from her. Couldn't have her chewing through to the batteries could I

ImageImage

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 19:59 

this comes into the category if "interactive toy" which means they are not left unattended with it, so I have hopes that it will last a little while! So far so good! :D

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2014, 20:06 

Sounds like fun! Like a primary school assembly... (they used to tell the kids to all rip their velcro shoe fasteners at the same time, to get it over with! :lol: )
Ianto's was 'interactive' - just, he decided that it would save us both time if he did it (then ran off :evil: ) :roll:
Anne & Ianto x

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014, 10:23 

Picking new boy up tomorrow,bought a few Kong toys see how it goes,all waiting in his cage lot of trepidation as not had a pup for quiet a while. Keep all your fingers crossed for us.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2014, 20:51 

Eeekkkkk! Exciting dollybird! Good luck, enjoy your sleep tonight :) :lol: