Looking for Riley's siblings: DOB 31/10/2011

Use this section to locate siblings and other dogs related to your own
jefferson

Looking for Riley's siblings: DOB 31/10/2011

Post by jefferson » 15 May 2012, 14:00

Just wondering if any of Riley's siblings are on this forum! He was born on Halloween :twisted: & the breeder is Jane Murdoch of Witham, Essex. It would be great if we could find some brothers or sisters :D

SW41

Re: Looking for Riley's siblings: DOB 31/10/2011

Post by SW41 » 21 Aug 2012, 23:12

Hi, we also got a Labradoodle from Jane Murdoch but ours is only 13 weeks old. Her name is Abby and she is high energy, wants to eat everything in the garden but she is very affectionate and celebrates everytime you walk into the room even if you've only left for a matter of minutes! What is Riley's temperment like? X

SJST

Post by SJST » 28 Sep 2012, 19:08

Hi I also have a labradoodle from Jane he was born on 15 May 2012. His name is Oz and he also has eaten everything in the garden have no plants left :( . But he is great and we love him to bits. :D How big is Abby, Oz is now 17in tall and weighs 12.6kilos.

jefferson

Post by jefferson » 29 Sep 2012, 13:35

hi
great to hear of someone else who has got their dood from Jane :D . Riley has a mischievous temprement :lol: ,our old puppy trainer used to say he was challenging :roll: . however as he has got older he has got better but he still jumps up at people and even now he still 'mouths' us despite doing all the usual things like squealing,turning backs etc (anyone have any other advice please let me know :) ). everyone who meets him say he is beautiful(he is) and friendly(sometimes over friendly) and he loves playing with other dogs and swimming in the local pond.
he also loves to dig great big holes in the garden :twisted: steal the toilet roll and rip to shreads :twisted: and also steal bras and socks. sometimes he drives me to distraction but he makes me smile/laugh every single day and we all love him to bits :D

SJST

Post by SJST » 30 Sep 2012, 21:03

Hi are you sure you are not writing about our Oz!! We also having trouble with the mouthing and jumping up. But seem to be getting somewhere with the mouthing by holding his nose between finger with thumb in mouth telling him no. Know perhaps this is not the right way but it does seem to be helping. We now have huge holes in the garden and thinking of changing his name to digger or JCB! :lol: He loves everyone and enjoys gong to school to collect my daughter where all the kids love him :D

How tall and how much does Riley weigh. :D

jefferson

Post by jefferson » 01 Oct 2012, 18:18

hi, wow they sound very similar don't they?? i think someone else suggested the nose/finger movement,i was a bit worried he may see that as me offering him a tasty treat and clamp his jaws down :shock: however i'm willing to try anything at the moment to be honest so will give it a go. havent had Riley weighed recently but he he doesnt seem to have got much bigger in past few months so i would estimate he is about 19/20kg and he is 19 inches to the shoulder. when he is sat he doesnt look very big but when he is on his back legs he is quite tall.

when you get a chance, can you put a pic of Oz on here, everyone loves to look at other doods :D

SW41

Post by SW41 » 31 Oct 2012, 00:37

Hello to you both and sorry I'm only now responding. How lovely to hear about Riley and Oz. You are both talking about Abby!!! She drags the toilet roll through the house, loves to dig, steals socks (and trainers), is over friendly with other dogs and people so jumps up! Abby's mouthing has improved a lot with proactively ignoring her with silence, no eye contact and withdrawing whatever she was trying to mouth (usually hands) then completely walking off if she continued to do it, it took weeks of repeatedly doing it and quite a few painful nips. Abby tries to still do it a little when shes going through a teething frenzy but its much gentler. The problem we have is pulling on the lead and we have done what the trainer has told us consistently but hasnt improved so we have changed from a regular collar and lead to a chest harness which has helped quite a lot. Abby loves cuddles, belly rubs and learning things, if we say 'go to bed' she opens the door of her crate with her paw and jumps in. She has a lovely temperament, sometimes chilled and sometimes bonkers which makes us laugh especially when she doodle dashes through the house or spins around on the spot. I'm not sure how tall Abby is I will have to measure her but she weighs 11kg x