Rufus 17/4/12 ~ Harrogate.

Use this section to locate siblings and other dogs related to your own
Sammy B

Rufus 17/4/12 ~ Harrogate.

Post by Sammy B » 26 Jul 2012, 19:23

Rufus was born on the 17/4/12 in Harrogate, (Kookie Flaxen Rascals)...anyone else here have a pup from Nell's litter? they are Multi Gen cream pups.

If so it would be great to see how the litter is getting on......

Sam & Rufus. :)
ImageImage

mlums

Re: Rufus 17/4/12 ~ Harrogate.

Post by mlums » 27 Jul 2012, 20:20

Hi Sam

Tilly, our labrador lookalike is from Nell's litter. Tilly was called Cherry but my 20-something kids changed her name! How exciting to find one of her brothers! What was Rufus' original name? There was a beautiful wavy male puppy that I would have taken home in 5 seconds but Chris, my Aspergers' 23 year old chose Tilly over my favourite... but we do love Tilly. She is sooo sweet and beautiful temperament though very naughty! She was cream when we brought her home but is now very apricot with cream patches. I think she may end up scruffy'ish but everyone mistakes her for a lab. I will try again to post a picture - I am not very good!

Moyra

Sammy B

Post by Sammy B » 28 Jul 2012, 07:04

Hello Moyra!!!!

It is brilliant to hear from you!!!!!!!!! I have just put my cd in and have now seen Tilly (cute) Glad she is settling in well!

When we went to pick...there were just 4 of the boys left!!!!

Rufus was called Apricot......

When we went I had in my mind one of the fluffy curly ones(Chocolate)...and initially my youngest son was leaning to that one, 3 out of the 4 left were more curly/fleecy but as soon as I saw Ru I just new it had to be him (there was just something about him) he is more Lab than 'Doodle' looks wise as it stands but he is starting to get a bit of a wave....I think he will turn out possibly more scruffy.....Ru is cream and in some patches (underneath) looks very white...and again alot of people think he is a Lab.

He is absolutely adorable....we love him too bits....but like the rest, he has his moments (usally with stealing shoes...well anything he can take to the garden and hide) LOL ......

It would be lovely to see some up to date pictures of Tilly, I shall upload some this weekend of RuRu!!!

Speak soon.....

Sam.x
ImageImage

mlums

Post by mlums » 28 Jul 2012, 07:39

Hi Sam
Rufus (Apricot) was gorgeous and looked like the twin of Butter, the one I loved. I am so glad he has a lovely home. There were 7 left when we went, 6 boys and Tilly and they looked very similar in colour at that time. Tilly was just 9 weeks then. And yes, stealing shoes, cloths, cat treats, anything wrapped actually, is a particular favourite pastime here also. We bought a kiddie's play tunnel for Tilly and she loves it, not just for running through, but for taking her illicit loot to. If she is sitting in the tunnel quietly and doesn't respond when you shout her name you know she has something she shouldn't! And she knows - as soon we get near she is off. I should be losing weight the amount of running around the garden and chasing I do... We have a large garden with lots of different areas of grass, borders, stones, a three quarter filled with garden debris pond that bounces (grass clippings), trees, shrubs so you can imagine the merry dance she leads. I swear she is laughing at me as I am no runner!! But she is such fun and very good company. Looks like a lab but is brilliant at the Doodle Dash! Hates her crate during the day, barks non-stop if she is put in, but will sleep in it at night. Sleeps on the sofa during the day despite the rule being NO sofa! Loves people, at puppy training classes the puppies were let off their leads to play together. Tilly went round every human there BEFORE she went to play with the other puppies - everyone found that very funny! Will try to get pics on - what CD did you have with pics??
So Rufus is up at this time as well?? We had a lie in this morning - 6.32 not like yesterday's 5.10am....... or Sunday's 4am...... I swear it is like having a baby again except you can put babies back in their cot! I had heard Doodles didn't really bark - mmm Tilly didn't read that page.............especially if you don't get up quick... Lovely to hear from you. Moyra

Sammy B

Post by Sammy B » 28 Jul 2012, 08:44

I managed to get a few pictures of Rufus on!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ohhh your life sounds sooooo like mine right now..hahaha!!! The latest he has got up is 6.45am.....the usual alarm of Rufus is around the 5.30am/6am mark...but we have had days of 4am and 5am.....but today was 6.15am (the joys) Ohhhh and he is not silent when he wakes! It gave me a laugh reading your last post....over chasing/running around....it could be me!!!!! They sound so alike :)

Butter went a few hours prior to us visiting I believe and they did refer to him as Rufus' twin!

In the pack you got wth all the information ...there was a cd in ours it contained pictures of each pup from birth and through to about 9 weeks I think....also pictures of mum/dad. If you have not got a copy of this I can burn you one or I am sure the breeder would if it was left out of the pack you got. We got Ru when he was 10 weeks...so maybe it was something they did later.

I am really pleased your on here I have just been telling him about his sister :D

The pups that were left when we got Ru were- Chocolate, Pepper, Smartie....but I understand they all went to great homes as well!!!

x
ImageImage