Doodle friendly Dorset campsites?

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
Gracie's mums

Doodle friendly Dorset campsites?

Post by Gracie's mums » 27 Mar 2014, 22:38

Hi we are looking at taking the tent for its first outing this year and was wondering if anyone knew of any good campsites? Preferably with electric hookup as I still like my creature comforts :)

Becky x
Gracie, Becky and Laura

ImageImage

BEE BEE

Re: Doodle friendly Dorset campsites?

Post by BEE BEE » 27 Mar 2014, 23:03

Hi go to ukcampsites you will find lots of info on there, Hope this helps. Enjoy your breakaway.

Bid

Post by Bid » 27 Mar 2014, 23:09

Swanage Coastal Park is a nice one - I've camped there a few times
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Oscar2011

Post by Oscar2011 » 27 Mar 2014, 23:40

Stayed at at Sandford park a few years back, it has a clubhouse & pool, static caravans and touring/camping facilities, right in the middle of a pine forest, not far from all the attractions. Oscar loved it.

Oscar & hoomans.

Mens sana in corpore sano.

Crazy flying dog,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5aKvfznuQ

Life of a Labradoodle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFkOb39sv4

Glenda

Post by Glenda » 27 Mar 2014, 23:54

We used to stay at Manor Farm Holiday Park at Charmouth and they are very dog friendly with a separate dog walking area/field. Lots of beautiful coastal walks as well. :D :D
ImageImage

ImageImage

Douglas

Post by Douglas » 28 Mar 2014, 00:07

hoseasons have a nice camping site in charmouth. I stay in a caravan every May, the camping site is very clean and tidy and it only takes five minutes to walk to the beach. It is a very dog friendly place.

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Mar 2014, 00:48

What time of year are you planning on coming? A lot of beaches do not allowdogs during peak season so it is worth checking that out before you book.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 28 Mar 2014, 19:23

Hi, I would happily recommend WoodyHyde (not sure if that's one word or two) near to Corfe Castle if you want a really laid back friendly site. They have three camping fields and I think one is no dogs for the none doggy people.
Very peaceful and you are surrounded by dog walks and it's a mile walk into Corfe village but there's a shop on site. However check their website as access is under a railway bridge so it is narrow and they advise no caravans (I have seen small ones on site though). Swanage Steam railway runs alongside so there's a train passing about every hour or so and you can also walk to the next station and go into Swanage for a day out. Have fun whatever you decide 8) :D .
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Singeralvie

Post by Singeralvie » 28 Mar 2014, 20:20

Bingham Grange is a nice one, very popular with dog owners and its also adults only :D !!! It's close to Bridport and the Jurassic Coast so plenty of walking options.
Em, Kelly and Arthur Doodle

Gracie's mums

Post by Gracie's mums » 29 Mar 2014, 10:58

Hi guys, thanks for those suggestions, well we are looking at the week of the 7 April. We know it's late, but we weren't sure how well gracie would have healed from her spey. As the answer to that has been brilliantly we would like to get a few days away, and celebrate completing my 2nd year of my degree before I go back to work!

I'll let looking and see if any have last minute spaces :)

Becky xx
Gracie, Becky and Laura

ImageImage