The mother in law is coming!

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
Jay128

The mother in law is coming!

Post by Jay128 » 13 Apr 2014, 16:01

The mother in law is coming, she arrives later this week. My question is how do I explain the Poppy doodle rules without seeming like a total freak!
Poppy is only fed her meals in her green feeder and is never fed from the hand unless it's a treat or a training reward.
Poppy is only allowed on the furniture when asked and only if you put one of the blankets over your lap or on the furniture, it's not about hair, she barely molts, but about boundaries.
She does not go upstairs.
Poppy is not allowed to lick any person. She doesn't lick me, I trained this out of her within weeks of her coming home, or the family but will try it on with strangers/ new people, it drives me nuts!
Poppy leaves the room when we are eating, she does this naturally now but often pokes her nose around the doorway just to test when we have visitors.
Poppy is never fed from our plates or whilst we are eating.
Poppy shall be brushed, stroked, played with and cuddled, I don't care what you think!

Poppy is my fourth child and is more important to me than you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No I'm not joking! So abide by the rules or else because she is almost perfect and shall not be ruined by you or anyone else just because you once had a dog and you think you know better!

Yes I have issues!

But stick to the rules and you might just survive the week! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Ally doodle

Re: The mother in law is coming!

Post by Ally doodle » 13 Apr 2014, 16:05

I love this post! Good luck by the way with the mother in law! If she's anything like mine she'll turn a deaf ear :shock:

Bid

Post by Bid » 13 Apr 2014, 16:32

:shock: :shock:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

thepadster

Post by thepadster » 13 Apr 2014, 16:36

I actually fell out with a friend as she just wouldn't do as I asked when I was training Paddy. It was because of her doodle who is gorgeous that I wanted a dood but she knew best. One evening I had some friends round for supper, everyone did as they were asked when greeting Paddy etc and no one gave him any crap treats EXCEPT know it all friend. Woke up next morning to poo all over the place and the poor chap covered in it. I don't think our friendship ever recovered properly.

I'm with you cos friends and family can really muck training up when it's still at a delicate stage.
ImageImage

Ally doodle

Post by Ally doodle » 13 Apr 2014, 17:34

Here here padster :D

swardie

Post by swardie » 13 Apr 2014, 19:14

Your house, your Dood, your rules, I reckon ! Good luck with the visit!!

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 13 Apr 2014, 20:00

Padster I know here you are coming from. I did post on here months ago about a friend who came round and when I asked her to not allow Poppy to lick her hands I got the oh I don't mind, I really did want to kill her as she wouldn't stop. I was reminded that death was really not the way to go but I did have very strong words with her eventually and it did the trick.
As has been said, my dog my rules and I really do like my doodle more! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 13 Apr 2014, 21:05

Sounds like you've got it nailed - I totally agree with 'your house, your rules'.
It drives me mad when I tell people he isn't allowed to jump up and they say, "Oh, I don't mind.." No, but I do!
A neighbour stops his car and calls to Ianto across the road. This makes Ianto want to run into the road, he also sees every car as a potential source of fuss... how dangerous is that? Up till now, I've said, "Don't do that, I don't want him to scratch your paintwork." Today I've decided, S*d the paintwork - let him scratch it, maybe they'll stop doing it!!! :twisted:
Go for it, Jay!
Anne & Ianto x

BEE BEE

Post by BEE BEE » 13 Apr 2014, 22:07

Good luck with this one as they always know best. Failing that put her in the dog cage make sure you give her a bone and plenty of water :lol: :lol:

Bowie & Ziggy

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 13 Apr 2014, 22:12

Sometimes I think people have to learn the hard way! Everyone who meets Poppy loves her because she is so well behaved, they comment on it and tell her what a good girl she is, friends have her when we go away and love her to bits because she is so well behaved. What people forget is that someone, in this case me, has worked jolly hard, with the dog or in this case Poppy, to encourage them to be the best they/she can be. I refuse to spend hours working with my beautiful Poppydoodle only to be undermined by people who, quite frankly, don't have a clue.

I say, be polite, but stand up for you and your doodle, she/he are the best most loving and trusting friend you will ever have!
ImageImage

Jay128

Post by Jay128 » 13 Apr 2014, 22:13

Ooooo BeeBee I am off to collect huge crate from son as I type, I wonder if it will fit into our shed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 13 May 2014, 17:21

You have virtually the same rules in your house as we do! Murphy is allowed to lick, but he isn't really a licky dog, but is not allowed on the furniture at all. He is also not allowed in with us whilst we're eating, we just say to him 'we're eating' and he goes out of the room, usually lying in the doorway with his paws over the silver carpet thingy!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

swardie

Post by swardie » 13 May 2014, 17:31

Yay, Murphy- good boy!!! X