including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 06:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dog Friendly Filey - North Yorkshire
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2014, 15:50 

Hi guys

Went to back to Filey, North Yorkshire (where I was born) to celebrate my mum’s 80th Birthday with the Northern contingent. And obviously took Alan. Lynne came along with Louie so it ended up 4 adults and two dogs.

We stayed in an self-contained apartment right on the seafront – which was dog friendly of course. The apartment was superb (even provided dog bowls) and because it’s out of season, we had the run of the whole beach.

I would recommend this apartment to anyone. It’s called 5 Leays, The Beach, Filey, North Yorkshire . Anyways – here are some photos.

Ali
x

View from the living room, just to show you how close we were to the sea!

And the two bedrooms

We brought our own throws as trying to keep Alan off the furniture is like trying to nail jelly to a wall

An early morning walk up the cliff side to the 'town'. Only Louie and Alan for company each morning as everyone else was still sound asleep.

then back down to the beach - with the sun rising and the tide going out

Didn't find one pub that didn't allow dogs. We went to The Station Inn by the church and they even gave us the table near to the back garden so the dogs could run in and out at will (it was enclosed). Unfortunately Alan decided to wander into the bar, sat with a couple for a while then went to explore the kitchens! Oooops.

Now one of our evening strolls (and compulsory swim for the dogs)

Now for the beach during the day :-)

Alan - trying to either dry off or create his version of snow-angels

and finally - what I should have done BEFORE the beach holiday. Would have saved time and a fortune in dog shampoo. Luckily the apt had a huge bathroom with disabled access so the shower was huge - so no probs showering him :-)

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

Post subject: Re: Dog Friendly Filey - North Yorkshire
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2014, 15:56 

wow, fab photos. Looked like you all had a great time and it's always good to have doggy accommodation recommendations.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2014, 16:05 

It was glorious and I was amazed at how good the accommodation was bearing in mind it was dog-friendly.

The walks were superb - either along the cliffs, through the ravine or along the beach. We even had horses on the beach some mornings :-)

Very 'animal' friendly :-)

xx

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 16:22 

Just seems like that area along the Nth Yorkshire coast is generally dog friendly...if you look around in this forum you will see my thread about a few days we spent around Scarborough, Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby with some friends. We had Roker and their Beagle with us and had no issues taking them places all around there. In fact we are off there again for New Year with some other friends stopping in the same place...could be interesting as there will be 10 adults, 4 kids under 5 and 4 dogs made up of Roker, a very large brown lab called Bailey, a mental Chihuahua called Stanley that will think he's the biggest dog there and Mabel the Bichon who will try and find as many places as possible that Stanley cant reach her in!

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 18:49 

Roza and family will check out N Yorks, sounds A1

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2014, 22:20 

Absolutely superb Ali - fantastic photos :D x