Hi, new menber

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
carly

Hi, new menber

Post by carly » 20 Feb 2009, 12:55

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Forum and Labradoodles!
We have been considering a dog for a while now as both my husband and I have always been bought up with them, amongst other animals :) and as I've changed my work pattern to mean I'm at home a lot of the time now we can start looking :D :D :D
My OH has always been bought up with Labradors, and his dad is actually now fostering for Labrador rescue but we have decided that although we love them they might be a bit big for our house :( . I then started researching different breeds and came across miniature labradoodles :P . I didn't realise such things existed!

I have actually been visiting your forums for a few weeks now and completely fallen in love with all the gorgeous doodles out there. I also have to thank you for all the great information and tips I have picked up along the way!

So, my next step is to try and find a repretable breeder of Mini doodles :shock: Can anyone recommend breeders in the south east that might have puppy’s available May/June/July ish??

Thanks again
P.S - Hope this works, I've never posted on a forum before :oops:

Carly & Logan

Jasper & Tallie

Re: Hi, new menber

Post by Jasper & Tallie » 20 Feb 2009, 13:04

Hi,

I've got no advice about breeders I'm afraid (although I'm sure someone will help you out there) but wanted to say welcome and good luck with your search for your perfect mini doodle. You won't regret your decision, it was the best thing we ever did.

One bit of advice though. Both our doodles are F1 'miniature' in that that they both have miniature poodle fathers. Jasper though is not mini...he is now about 23" at the shoulder and weighs around 25kg - he is bigger than the labs we know. Others might have more advice, I'm not sure if the size is less predictable in a first cross? We wouldn't change Jasper for the world and in fact we now feel he's the perfect size for us but I just wanted you to be aware that it can happen.

Good luck with your search.

Sarah
Image Image

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 20 Feb 2009, 14:30

Alfie (F1b) was one of the smallest of his litter of mini doodles, he is now 14kg at 6 months, yet his sister Roxy is below 9kgs, so I think it is like most physical attributes of doodles, a bit random (luckily).
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

linny

Post by linny » 20 Feb 2009, 14:56

As you can probably glean, height and weight for Doods can be random to say the least but a good breeder will have a good idea of the the average height and weight their pups achieve.
There are several excellent breeders who post on here that will best advise you.
Choice of breed for character!....with a Dood you just can't go wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck in your search.

carly

Post by carly » 20 Feb 2009, 15:05

Hi

Thanks for your replies.
Although I have said we want a Mini doodle, that's about all we have definitely decided, we will be as happy if they grow to 14 inches or up to 23 + !. It is something we will speak to a breeder about but one of the things I have fallen in love with is the fact you never know what you are going to get!

They all seem truely scrumptious :D

Carly & Logan

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 20 Feb 2009, 15:17

Whereabouts in the South-East are you? I'm on the look out for more Kent doodles!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 20 Feb 2009, 18:06

Have a look at Lisa's site

http://miniaturelabradoodles.mfbiz.com/

But she also does australian minature doods.

I have an F1 Standard doodle and I know what you mean about the size. Eric is often referred to as a Labradonkey or a Labrasaurus :lol:

Try to go to a doodle walk. You will then see the difference, not only in size, but in traits as well as colour etc. There are so many "varieties" it makes your head spin. Trouble is - they are all such wonderful dogs.

Eric, despite his size, is so gentle with children and never tires playing with them (tho thats probably him being selfish). He is however, difficult to control on the lead when something catches his attention. Like a cat, dog, horse, empty crisp packet, pigeon (dead or alive), rabbit, jogger, cyclist...... you get my drift! :?

The last 2 Essex meets that we had Tony ( a wannabee doodle owner) came along and is almost certain he knows what size etc he wants.

Good luck with your search tho....

Love

Ali & Eric

xx
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205 ... t/Eric.jpg

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 20 Feb 2009, 22:04

Hi Carly
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I cannot advise you on miniture doodles as Ziggy is quite big but must admite we love him to bits even though at times he's a monster. But I'm sure you will get lots of good advice from everyone here. Good luck and when you've chosen your dog don't forget to post loads of pics on the forum.

Bren

DOGS WAG THERE TAILS WITH THERE HEART'S

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 20 Feb 2009, 22:05

Hi Carly
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I cannot advise you on miniture doodles as Ziggy is quite big but must admite we love him to bits even though at times he's a monster. But I'm sure you will get lots of good advice from everyone here. Good luck and when you've chosen your dog don't forget to post loads of pics on the forum.

Bren

DOGS WAG THERE TAILS WITH THERE HEART'S