newbie looking for a doodle

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
craftypaws

newbie looking for a doodle

Post by craftypaws » 15 Apr 2009, 15:32

hi my name is lesley and i live on the notts/ lincs border in retford. We do not currently have a labradoodle but we are seeing what they are like and finding more about them before we choose which one will suit us.
we would like to know if it would be ok to go to one of the meets to meet some labradoodles. we have 2 resuce dogs, a bearded collie cross and a rottweillwer/german shepherd cross. toby is nearly 14 and is rapidly slowing down. charlie loves his long walks and games.
we also breed and occasionally show ragdoll cats so we want a puppy so that they can grow up being used to the cats and kittens around. all our pets live in the home with us including our stud boys.
i have been married for 31 years have 3 grown up children our son is still at home. we also have 2 grandaughters age 11 months and 6 years.
i will probably lurk rather than post to start with, lesleyx

misskatie

Re: newbie looking for a doodle

Post by misskatie » 15 Apr 2009, 16:29

Hi Lesley! Good luck with finding your perfect labradoodle - you'll get loads of great information on this site, and you'd be made more than welcome on any of the meets :D .
I was interested to see that you breed ragdolls - I've got 2 of them, and they are amazing cats. They are fabulous to have with dogs aren't they? Have you been breeding them for long? I'd love to see some pictures - sorry!! I know this is a labradoodle site, but they are such beautiful cats, with the most wonderful temperament, and I'm sure no one would mind you showing them off!! :D
Katie.
Lucy

craftypaws

Post by craftypaws » 15 Apr 2009, 17:38

hi katie
thanks for the welcome. yes they are amazing cats i have bred them for 5 years now. before that is bred rare breed pigs, sheep and gs dogs. so have always bred animals. i also rescue and have had many an animal left at my door. i always aim to rehome them but have kept a few over the years.
my health is not great now and catching a radoll is easier than catching a sheep i can tell you lol
my son does all the dog walking now and really enjoys it. he is a huge animal lover too and will be 20 next week. i will be more than happy to put pics on if it is ok. lesleyx

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 15 Apr 2009, 18:15

Oooh yes - lots of pics please !!!!!

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

Bid

Post by Bid » 15 Apr 2009, 19:09

Hi Lesley, good luck with your doodle search. As soon as you go to a meet you will be bowled over by them (hopefully not literally :lol: :lol: :lol: )
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

craftypaws

Post by craftypaws » 16 Apr 2009, 18:19

hi bid the one on the left of the pic is what we think we are looking for but i think they tend to pick you when you choose a new pet. lesleyx

craftypaws

Post by craftypaws » 16 Apr 2009, 18:40

i cant get pics on here what am i doing wrong lesleyx

Bid

Post by Bid » 16 Apr 2009, 21:06

Hi Lesley, I use photobucket and copy the img code from there - it seems the easiest way to do it!

My choccy doodle is an F1b - i.e. F1 gen backcrossed to a poodle. Her Mum was an F1 labradoodle, and her Dad a standard poodle. Curly backcross doodles like Poppy are gorgeous, but do take an awful lot of grooming - she's having her second haircut in a couple of weeks to give her a break from the constant combing!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 16 Apr 2009, 21:44

welcome to the forum! Goodluck with your search!x
ImageImageImage